Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 09-07-2009, 07:21 PM   #57
RS-SS2

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 09 mini, 01 3500
Wow, I went away for the weekend and missed lots of action here. MWS congrats on your upgrade looks like all three of us that were on the fed ex truck together all upgraded. Really glad everything went over well with your Wife and I know exactly what you mean when you say you really miss your car.

570LPE, I don't think I will be doing anything else to the car this year besides what is being done at LPE. They are doing the 650pkg with the coil covers,Borla catback exhaust, dual disc clutch and heavy duty rear axle half shafts. I may get into the suspension in a year or so.

Al's we need now is for someone to chime in who's getting the LS7 750hp or the LS7 800hp pkg.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:31 PM   #58
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City View Post
Going, Going, Gone! (In 60 Seconds?)
I'm hoping to hear some new info from Kevin at Lingenfelter next week. He said my motor was done and they were waiting for the trans. He was attending a "Track Day" Friday that RPM Transmissions was sponsoring.

Hopefully something they were doing was applicable to the Camaro! Yup, it must be a real b**ch when you "have to" go to the track for work.

Lucky bastard! Kevin has ADM sending over a boost gauge for my car and we are adding that.

Seen a car in VR with white stripes like mine today a few miles from my house. Told my girl, "Wish we were driving mine!" but she had no sympathy. Said I was the one who had to "send it away" right away. But that's ok, cause it's gunna be a bad puppy when it finds it's way home!

Speed, sound like your still having fun. Face hurt? [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Great minds think alike.

I spoke with andy at ADM for the boost gauge as well.. he mentioned that he was already sending one to LPE.. he was adding mine to the shipment going to LPE as well. I sent an email to TIM but had not talked to him yet. Please tell Kevin the second boost gauge is for WO# 3611 (Dan Howard) - thanks.

Rs-ss2 and Speed, the boost guage is just released from ADM and starts shipping tomorrow(tuesday 9/8). very slick.. $299.00 + shipping. looks like it is worth it!

Rs-ss2, are you upgrading to the LPE lighter flywheel (steel and is 5 lbs. lighter than stock) as part of the clutch setup? what is the cost on the whole clutch/pres plate/twin disk setup (parts only)?

I am getting ready to slow down on extra's as well. I just went over $20K for mods with the latest purchase being racing brake rotors (thanks DOC). I still havn't purchased rims/tires, and I still don't have the car yet LOL.
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 08:49 PM   #59
600hp-lpe

Hey I have a question for everyone.. should we be checking into a seperate OIL cooler?

the camaro has the oil cooler in the radiator. When I was talking to Mike at Pedders, he mentioned that they were running in TX on a roadcourse on a hot day, and they did a couple laps and had to let the car cool down as it was pushing the underhood temps real high. I believe that was NOT with pete's car (which is now procharged).. it was their other Camaro which is a stock LS3.

If any of you are drag racing and start running hot laps (getting torwards the finals), you get back in line and run again quickly.. you will be running with a heat soaked engine. Good thing is we have a seperate gauge.. how much will the S/C add to underhood temps?

Do we need to worry about this or not? thoughts?
Should we be looking into a seperate oil cooler for the oil to pull that out of the radiator?
Old 09-07-2009, 09:13 PM   #60
Windy City

Drives: Not enough room here!
Someone had made mention about a trans oil cooler (being as my car is an auto) and I thought I would ask RPM. I can't see where an addition engine oil cooler would be needed. I know i will not ever take my car to a road course (have other cars for that) but it will be at the strip periodically. I'll see what I can find out in the next day or 2.

570, ya think those rotors are worth the bread? I thought about it but have a hard time justifying it.

I got my 4 post lift in this weekend, now I just need to get the car back!

Glad I got my car there when I did, sound like there's quiet a traffic jam there!

I think we need an all blown Camaro get together!
Old 09-08-2009, 06:48 AM   #61
Speed74SS

Drives: 2010 LPE 650+ CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by 570hp-lpe View Post
Great minds think alike.

I spoke with andy at ADM for the boost gauge as well.. he mentioned that he was already sending one to LPE.. he was adding mine to the shipment going to LPE as well. I sent an email to TIM but had not talked to him yet. Please tell Kevin the second boost gauge is for WO# 3611 (Dan Howard) - thanks.

Rs-ss2 and Speed, the boost guage is just released from ADM and starts shipping tomorrow(tuesday 9/8). very slick.. $299.00 + shipping. looks like it is worth it!

Rs-ss2, are you upgrading to the LPE lighter flywheel (steel and is 5 lbs. lighter than stock) as part of the clutch setup? what is the cost on the whole clutch/pres plate/twin disk setup (parts only)?

I am getting ready to slow down on extra's as well. I just went over $20K for mods with the latest purchase being racing brake rotors (thanks DOC). I still havn't purchased rims/tires, and I still don't have the car yet LOL.

I might have to look into the boost gauge for next year, as well as the clutch and flywheel. It lookslike you are doing everything right and I can't wait to see your car!!
Speed74SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 06:51 AM   #62
Speed74SS

Quote:
Someone had made mention about a trans oil cooler (being as my car is an auto) and I thought I would ask RPM. I can't see where an addition engine oil cooler would be needed. I know i will not ever take my car to a road course (have other cars for that) but it will be at the strip periodically. I'll see what I can find out in the next day or 2.

570, ya think those rotors are worth the bread? I thought about it but have a hard time justifying it.

Glad I got my car there when I did, sound like there's quiet a traffic jam there!

A get together would be awesome!! I hope your car is getting closer and I can't wait to see the results. I am sure you will have a smile on your face for quite a while.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:12 AM   #63
600hp-lpe

Quote:

the rotors save 4.5 lbs each of unsprung weight.. that's 9 lbs off my car. every little bit helps. My car is going on a diet.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:41 AM   #64
600hp-lpe

Quote:

Trans cooler outside the radiator for the auto's is a good idea.

I think all the SS's have an oil Cooler.. I'm not sure.. don't we? where else is 8.6 QTS of oil going? I don't have a car to check it out yet..?? Speed? you got an M6? is there and engine oil cooler? what lines are going into the radiator? Want to check for us? thanks Buddy!

One of my friends has a lift.. I can use it whenever I need it.. they sure come in handy...

A get together would be nice.. only problem is who gets the home track? LOL
I want to get the upgraded half shafts first for the rear before I go drag racing.. I also want to get some cheap 18" rims and drag slicks that fit the back. It's going to have to be in the spring for me.. those are my winter projects.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:32 PM   #65
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS-SS2 View Post
Wow, I went away for the weekend and missed lots of action here. MWS congrats on your upgrade looks like all three of us that were on the fed ex truck together all upgraded. Really glad everything went over well with your Wife and I know exactly what you mean when you say you really miss your car.

570LPE, I don't think I will be doing anything else to the car this year besides what is being done at LPE. They are doing the 650pkg with the coil covers,Borla catback exhaust, dual disc clutch and heavy duty rear axle half shafts. I may get into the suspension in a year or so.

Al's we need now is for someone to chime in who's getting the LS7 750hp or the LS7 800hp pkg.
Looks like we are having the same work done up there, but I went with the Corsa cat backs.
Have you got a completion date yet?
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 02:38 PM   #66
RS-SS2

Quote:
Great minds think alike.

570-HP, I'm not sure what the price is for parts alone on the dual disk clutch but installed it is 1,595.00. From what I understand they were going to do a after market dual disc racing clutch and then felt it was a bit rough for a mostly street driven car. They have been working on adapting the ZR1 dual disk to work with our drive trains and have finished up the testing. It sounds like this set up will be more street / strip friendly.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:43 PM   #67
RS-SS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mws444 View Post
Looks like we are having the same work done up there, but I went with the Corsa cat backs.
Have you got a completion date yet?
mws, No completion date yet hoping to hear something today or tomorrow. I know they have allot of cars there right now and at least 4 of them are 650hp pkgs.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:11 PM   #68
Windy City

Drives: Not enough room here!
4 @ 650 HP, 2600 HP COOL! Sounds like we're talking about planes now!
Old 09-08-2009, 08:39 PM   #69
Speed74SS

Quote:
Trans cooler outside the radiator for the auto's is a good idea.

I think all the SS's have an oil Cooler.. I'm not sure.. don't we? where else is 8.6 QTS of oil going? I don't have a car to check it out yet..?? Speed? you got an M6? is there and engine oil cooler? what lines are going into the radiator? Want to check for us? thanks Buddy!

One of my friends has a lift.. I can use it whenever I need it.. they sure come in handy...

A get together would be nice.. only problem is who gets the home track? LOL
I want to get the upgraded half shafts first for the rear before I go drag racing.. I also want to get some cheap 18" rims and drag slicks that fit the back. It's going to have to be in the spring for me.. those are my winter projects.

Yep - the LS3 has the engine oil cooler. Man, you guys are killing me. I can't wait until your cars are done, you are going to love it!!! Here are the ideas for next year....

ZR1 clutch & flywheel - HD Half Shafts - Rims & DR - Boost Gauge? - Transmission upgrade? - 650 package??

Good stuff guys - keep it coming
Old 09-08-2009, 10:08 PM   #70
600hp-lpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed74SS View Post
Yep - the LS3 has the engine oil cooler. Man, you guys are killing me. I can't wait until your cars are done, you are going to love it!!! Here are the ideas for next year....

ZR1 clutch & flywheel - HD Half Shafts - Rims & DR - Boost Gauge? - Transmission upgrade? - 650 package??

Good stuff guys - keep it coming
Speed, Thanks for admiring your car and checking that out for me..

I like your upgrade plans for next year.

P.S. - My wife said I am talking to you guys more than her.. I gotta go and spend some Quality time with her..