Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 02-24-2012, 02:54 PM   #1
CamaroC-17
Formerly Camaroc5

Drives: 2010 Camaro LT/RS M6
Should I take this issue to the dealer?

I ask because of all my mods below in my sig. When my body kit was added the front air damn was not put back on so extra wind I think has knocked a heat shield loose. At highway speed I can hear something being knock around under the shifter. Also have some weird vibration at certain rpm's coming from the same area. I already know a couple little knuts have fallen off of the heat shield around the H pipe (my xpipe). However, I think it is from the heat shield that is above the drivshaft. This may not even be an issue becuase I am over the bumper to bumper and probably isn't covered under powertrain warranty which they may void if I bring it in. I would just do it myself but when it comes to vibrations they are a B*tch to track down.
CamaroC-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:37 PM   #2
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
The aftermarket Hurst shifter has been known to rattle at high rpm accelerations. Did you install the noise reduction kit that came with it?

You mention you also hear the noise from under the shifter at highway cruising so, do this, while cruising, as soon as you hear the noise, put the shifter in neutral...if the noise goes away, then you know it's the Hurst shifter. If it doesn't go away then a heat shield is probably loose under there.
Goodluck.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:45 AM   #3
Kenji

Drives: 2SS/RS M6 SW
You also may want to check to make sure the lower rubber shifter boot (the one under ther vehicle) hasn't come loose and is contacting the drive shaft.