Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 07-05-2014, 08:50 PM   #1
ChaseHundreds

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
BMR Spring Installation Problem

Installed 1.0" BMR springs to my 2011 SS Camaro on July 3rd. Didn't take too long, but was still somewhat of a hassle breaking down my suspension for the first time by myself.

1st issue - i guess one of the springs moved out of place when I was installing so when I hit any bump I could hear it EVERY TIME. It wasn't hard correcting this.

2nd issue - left the auto shop today after correcting the first problem. Now when I make a hard right turn there is a clicking noise when I go to straighten the wheel back. I checked both back springs because lowering my car and I assume the two fronts were fine since they were easy installing anyways.

Could I be needing a re alignment or could it be something else?
ChaseHundreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 09:49 PM   #2
john2012camaroSS

Drives: 2012 Black SS
need a realignment and re-clock the front end bushings
john2012camaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 11:06 PM   #3
Camarodriver2

Drives: FOR SALE! Bumblebee 1 of 1
Make sure to go to a shop that can handle a lowered car and has done Camaros before with updated machines. Lowering puts more pressure on the sway bar links as well. Alignment should fix.
My 1 of 1 Bumblebee: Paint=House of Kolor Sunrise. Shaved door handles and concept handles added. Shark fin removed, concept mirrors, Showstoppers concept LED side marker lights. Wiper blades removed, muffler delete, and Range AFM disable. BMR springs lowered 1" rear and 1.4" front and added Eibach wheel spacers - 20mm rear and 25mm front.
Camarodriver2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 12:06 PM   #4
ChaseHundreds

Thanks for the help all the auto shops are closed for today, but I'm going to try and get my car in tomorrow to see if this is the problem.
Old 07-07-2014, 03:31 PM   #5
ChaseHundreds

Well I went to les schwab today to get them to realign my car and they came across the problem that I should have caught ahead of time. My car is fine on the alignment, but instead my linkage has broken on my car because the spring popped out of place once again while driving. The bolt is sheared off so now I have to find a replacement bolt. Anyone know where I can find a decent price on them? Thanks for the help.
Current Mods: RDP Tune, Kooks LT 1 7/8, Flow Masters Outlaw Series Cat-Back, Cold Air Induction CAI, Vmax Ported Throttle Body, Elite Engineering Catch Can II Gen, Oracle Tinted Side Markers, 15% Tinted Windows
Old 07-07-2014, 04:39 PM   #6
Dexman1349
2010 2SS/RS M6

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Those bolts are relatively inexpensive at the dealership.

Cosmetic: ZL1 front w/mailslot, painted stripes, powdercoated SS rims, tow hook, and full chrome delete

Suspension: Pfadt subframe bushings, Pfadt rear UCA bushings, Z28 Upper control arms, Spohn trailing arms with BMR trailing arm & differential bushings, ZL1 Toe Rods and springs, Prothane radius arm inserts & steering rack bushing, Pfadt Sport front sway, FE4 conversion w/ DS rear sway, Pfadt strut brace

Drivetrain: RMCR tune, CAI intake, Kooks headers, hi-flo cats & exhaust, VMAX TB, ZL1 fuel pump, LSR Tri-Ax shifter

Bumblebee Racecar Build
Dexman1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 02:32 AM   #7
ChaseHundreds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexman1349 View Post
Those bolts are relatively inexpensive at the dealership.
Yeah I went Phastek earlier today and found a set for around 86.95 so I'll be ordering them within the next week or so. Hopefully I can have this problem corrected and fixed without anymore hassles.
Current Mods: RDP Tune, Kooks LT 1 7/8, Flow Masters Outlaw Series Cat-Back, Cold Air Induction CAI, Vmax Ported Throttle Body, Elite Engineering Catch Can II Gen, Oracle Tinted Side Markers, 15% Tinted Windows