Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 10-27-2009, 10:54 PM   #15
TonytheTiger

Drives: 1999 camaro rs
Thanks guys this information really helps me out, There are many gender barriers being broken today that it merely matters which is broken and me doing this makes me part of it, I see that this career maybe right for me and will take the advantages and benefits this career yields.

So thejoker1232 you are studying to be a nurse? and btw same here i am taking my grades more seriously because in high school time isnt money, grades are. i have a 2.75 gpa as well and have all B+ so far :p

BTW i dont think i have the capability to be a dentist or orthodontist XD i suck at math so bad that it,at some point, bring me down and i will not be able to continue with even a above mediocre math level like beginner calculus and physics.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:03 PM   #16
BigMatt
2010 Camaro 2 SS/RS M6

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to BigMatt
I'm a male nurse. Just graduated in May and became licensed in August.
Forged LS3, FED M311 heads, CAI Inc, ARH 1 7/8, Corsa Xtreme, Taylor Wires, MGW Shifter, Street slayer twin carbon clutch, Tick braided clutch line & speed bleeder, ZL1 Diff Swap, BMR Split drop, Sway Bars, Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, Pro bushing kit, Carslyle racing 15in conversion, Whipple, LPE dual fuel pumps, Rx catch can, Id1300x, Alky Control
BigMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 11:03 PM   #17
thejoker1232

Drives: furture 1LT synergy green camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to thejoker1232
yeah i studying to become a nurse i have been going for a year and half now getting all my pre-reqs done and by next semester i Should be in the nursing program. dude no one sucks at anything if they are determined to do something. I used to think i sucked at science until i found some good teachers. You just need the right teacher for your learning style...
thejoker1232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 11:06 PM   #18
TJTKSDMJ8
I COMMAND YOU TO HOOK 'EM

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro SS2/RS R6P
My wife is an RN and I'm in Law Enforcement. Both are very gender driven carreer choices. Although I make fun of the male nurses(I call the Greg from Meet the parents) they are happy with what they do. At the end of the day, the people that talk aren't the ones getting up everyday having to do your job. You need to be happy. If you want, take the advice of my father.."Screw 'em!!"

Do what makes you happy..
Old 10-27-2009, 11:13 PM   #19
TonytheTiger

Are there any guys in your class that are also doing nursing?

Im ok being the only guy in class like tjtksdmj8 said, screw them! but i want to know if you were the only one or if there was a few more?
Old 10-27-2009, 11:21 PM   #20
franknbeans
Whipped

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
Not at all man.. I have guy friends that are Nurses... It's all about what makes you happy.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:21 PM   #21
TJTKSDMJ8
I COMMAND YOU TO HOOK 'EM

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro SS2/RS R6P
My wife is cheering for you!! She is the director of operations for clinical and emergency department operations(just asked her title..I know her as SUGAR MOMMA!!!) She makes great money, used to work 3 days a week(as an er nurse) and loved it.. Dude, 25-35K sign on bonus, yearly bonuses, job security, extra night, holiday pay..and a great paycheck....not a bad deal!!!
Old 10-27-2009, 11:22 PM   #22
BigMatt
2010 Camaro 2 SS/RS M6

We started out with 5 guys in the class, but I was the only one that made it on to graduate. But I know one of the one's that didn't pass is back in the program and is trying to graduate this May. Don't worry about anything your friends say, none of my friends even cared when I told them that I was going to nursing school.
Forged LS3, FED M311 heads, CAI Inc, ARH 1 7/8, Corsa Xtreme, Taylor Wires, MGW Shifter, Street slayer twin carbon clutch, Tick braided clutch line & speed bleeder, ZL1 Diff Swap, BMR Split drop, Sway Bars, Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, Pro bushing kit, Carslyle racing 15in conversion, Whipple, LPE dual fuel pumps, Rx catch can, Id1300x, Alky Control
Old 10-27-2009, 11:23 PM   #23
BigMatt
2010 Camaro 2 SS/RS M6

I'm actually trying to get into an ER internship now. I think that is going to be an awesome job.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:37 PM   #24
TonytheTiger

Right on! I know i have to study hard and stay focused if i want to do this because there is no room for errors when dealing with someones health. Im not really interested in nursing tho its not much different from a hygienist, if all goes wrong. Then i might consider nursing schoo, looks like it has a good package as-well.

BigMatt why didn't your friends graduate? do colleges do some eliminating at some point?
Old 10-27-2009, 11:41 PM   #25
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
The only two things that I refuse to let a man do for me is give me a manicure and massage therapy. I don't see any problem with a guy as a dental hygenist at all. I never even thought about it being a female dominated profession until now. If that is what you want to do... go for it! If anyone want's to give you grief... ask them to compare paychecks.
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 06:55 AM   #26
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
Dude, if you want to do it, then go for it. My mom and sister keep suggesting I go to nursing school but I just don't find that is the career for me. Hell, I'm a dude and I work in an office as a secretary! I work circles around the old battleaxe I replaced.
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 12:30 PM   #27
BigMatt
2010 Camaro 2 SS/RS M6

If you fail a class in nursing school, you are not allowed to continue until you pass that class (at least at PSU). So the other guys in the class, as well as about 1/2 of the class did not move on. It is a tough program.