Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 10-09-2016, 07:58 PM   #1
derieu
Engineer

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Suspension Clunking in Rear?

Anyone else have a suspension clunking noise in the rear? When driving at about 25-35 over flat, bumpy pavement, I hear a clunking noise in the rear that sounds like either a bad balljoint or two suspension pieces hitting each other. The car has been to the dealership multiple times to fix it and each time the dealership tried to do some half-assed fix claiming the issue was coming from something other than the suspension...
derieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 10:14 AM   #2
Infantryman11C
High Angle Hell

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE
Heres a test you can do. grab your wheel and try to shake it. or jack your car up and take off the wheel and grab the rotor and shake it. if it moves you need to have them look at your rear control arm buffers. Had the same problem with mine and the dealership wouldn't deal with it till I had another shop look at it and took video. dealership fixed it the next day.

Brothers don't always have the same mother
Always remembered, Never forgotten
Infantryman11C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 11:07 AM   #3
oldschoolkat

Drives: 2013 SS Camaro
Thought i had suspension issue in rear..turned out it was x pipe tapping against tunnel brace..fixed with a couple of washers to expand gap between xpipe & brace

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
oldschoolkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 10:35 AM   #4
2015_1LE_soon

Drives: 2015_1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by derieu View Post
Anyone else have a suspension clunking noise in the rear? When driving at about 25-35 over flat, bumpy pavement, I hear a clunking noise in the rear that sounds like either a bad balljoint or two suspension pieces hitting each other. The car has been to the dealership multiple times to fix it and each time the dealership tried to do some half-assed fix claiming the issue was coming from something other than the suspension...

My friend, you surely have a defective strut. Ther3 are postings upon postings of this same issue. I kept pressing my dealer, and they eventually changed the strut. Prolblem fixed
2015_1LE_soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 01:52 PM   #5
KJZ28

Drives: 2018 Buick Regal TourX
Did this problem ever get fixed? I have the same noise coming from the passenger rear. I just replaced the rear shocks and shock mounts and the noise is still there. I have shaken my suspension with the wheel real hard and cant hear or see anything out of the ordinary.
SOLD: 2010 2SS/RS L99-A6 K&N CAI, Speed Engineering Long Tube Headers, Stainless Works hi-flow cats, Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-back. Tuned by Corvettes of Westchester. 1/LE rear suspension conversion, Bilstein B6 Stuts/shocks.
KJZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote