Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 05-02-2009, 12:55 PM   #1
2ssJB
Software Engineer

Drives: 2010 VR SS/RS Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to 2ssJB
Worthless thread for South Florida ppl

So I have been driving around south florida dealerships to see what allocations they have and what they are selling for, The first stop at the dealership in Hialeah at 57th ave and the palmetto had no cars in yet and was expecting their dealer car on Wednesday and were doing the unveiling between the hours of 12-8. Maroone of Pembroke Pines has 1 car delivered and sitting on their showroom floor, it is a yellow 2lt. Sorry I do not have pics because my phone died trying to open the camera . The guy I talked to knew nothing of an unveiling for them, but if anyone wants to see, can't touch or sit in, a yellow 2lt with sunroof there is one at this dealership until monday and yes they are selling preorders at MSRP, but i was told, "If someone backs out we will sell the car on the lot for Market value".

So someone who has a working camera please go and get some pics Thanks!

"Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth." M. Gandhi
2ssJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 01:10 PM   #2
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
Correct, Pines is MSRP. They had a few cancels on auction on ebay.

-bobby
Old 05-03-2009, 12:26 AM   #3
fldrummer
"Black Ace"

Drives: Supercharged 2010 SS, 2016 Golf R
Hmm, 'thought they were gonna call me when they had one in their showroom, just like they said they'd call me almost 2 weeks ago with an order status update (still no word!). My so-called TPW has come and went without any update, so I'm a little aggravated... Oh well, I can't make it over there right now or drive for the time being anyway, so at least I have a reason to be patient now.
fldrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 06:14 AM   #4
2ssJB
Software Engineer

Let me clear this up a little, because I got a call from Maroone Chevrolet of Miami

Potampkin Chevrolet
16600 NW 57th Ave, Hialeah, FL‎ - (305) 558-1400‎
Price: Above MSRP was told "A fair market value", if it was 5k above, then they would sell for 3k above.
Unveiling: May 6th, 12-8, drinks served
Car on lot: Not when I visited but they said it would be there for the unveiling on May 6th.
Allocations: 9/17

Maroone Chevrolet of Pembroke Pines
8600 Pines Boulevard, Pembroke Pines, Florida‎ - (954) 433-3300‎
Price: MSRP
Unveiling: Salesman was unaware of any unveiling
Car on lot: Yellow 2LT sold preorder on showroom, Customer pickup May 4th
Allocations: 28/28 +, they had taken about 30 names the day the car showed up in the showroom.

Maroone Chevrolet of Miami
4181 SW 8th Street, Miami, Florida‎ - (866) 334-2762‎
Price: MSRP, I was told over the phone, but his intonation suggested not all, or any, were going for MSRP.
Unveiling: May 6th, 12-8, drinks served
Car on lot: They have a yellow 2LT on the lot, covered and will be doing an unveiling on Wednesday and then that car will be for sale.
Allocations: 17/28.

Chevrolet and Cadillac
30401 S Dixie Hwy Homestead, FL 33030 (786) 217-9679
Price: EDIT: "Market Value" New owner won't honor previous owners contract. MSRP, I have it in writing.
Unveiling: No unveiling, their cars are on hold and they had no clue about a dealer car.
Car on lot: Update: talked to them today and they are expecting their dealer car tommorrow.
Allocations: 6/6

Grand Prize Chevrolet
11855 SW 152nd Street, Miami, FL‎ - (305) 235-8200‎
Price: "Market Value"
Unveiling: Unveiling on 6th.
Car on lot: Sold 2LT is in showroom through Wednesday.
Allocations: 11/17

Last edited by 2ssJB; 05-09-2009 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Put wrong dealer name for dealer that called me.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:16 PM   #5
fldrummer
"Black Ace"

Drives: Supercharged 2010 SS, 2016 Golf R
Quote:
Originally Posted by fldrummer View Post
Hmm, 'thought they were gonna call me when they had one in their showroom, just like they said they'd call me almost 2 weeks ago with an order status update (still no word!). My so-called TPW has come and went without any update, so I'm a little aggravated... Oh well, I can't make it over there right now or drive for the time being anyway, so at least I have a reason to be patient now.
Go figure, today the dealer calls me and says my car has been built! I told them not to rush the delivery, as I'm still recovering from knee surgery (still waiting on word of the VIN though).
fldrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 05:20 PM   #6
2ssJB
Software Engineer

I updated my dealers info because I just came back from there because they finally got their dealer car in stock. They had a SIM 2LT RS auto, with Black Leather and 4pk gauges. See pics below.

So to the point.... I asked if they were going to honor the MSRP deal I had with the previous owner and they said they would not do it. We "talked" as I thought it was, but my wife told me it wasn't talking, about it for quite some time. The only thing he assured me was that he would beat the other markups on the car, so if it was going for 5k over, then he would sell to me for 4.5k over. He continued to give me a sob story about how hes losing money on other cars and this is going to make up for his loss. They are supposed to get back with me about the MSRP and marked up value by tuesday. I think Im willing to pay up to 1k over. The wife thinks I should remove options to make up for the markup! But that would be all of my options !

Ill open up another thread depending on what their response is for MSRP + Markup Value.

Here is their car,
Attached Images

Old 05-27-2009, 07:56 PM   #7
rayhawk

Drives: Camaro SS
Update here: Potamkin chevrolet at 16600 NW 57 ave, miami, has a yellow 2LT automatic with a sunroof (no rs package). It has the black leather interior. The guy actually told me they were asking $39k (msrp was $29k). The car sat there all through memorial day weekend. I didn't try because I just went to check out the car, so maybe they will take less, don't really know.

Tags
camaro, maroone, sfl, south florida, yellow