Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: What is your opinion of the Mustang?
Hate it. Plain and simple. 11 7.19%
Improvement... but not my cup of Tea 27 17.65%
Love it, its my next car. 25 16.34%
Its cool, but its not a Camaro. 90 58.82%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 02:02 PM   #127
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS9CamaroSS View Post
Then why is the top one you can build on Ford.com the GT convertible?
I went to test drive a Mustang just to get a feel for the RWD pony car. Ford advertises the GT500 as one of their cars. Even the website shows a GT500 as though it is one of theirs.
warn 145:159 ban
Old 07-27-2008, 02:29 PM   #128
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
It is one of theirs. The car never sees Shelby's Las Vegas facility. They are built on the same assembly line, AutoAlliance International (Flat Rock,Michigan) with all the other Mustangs.

The reason you cannot order one from their website is because they are limited production, and only a dealer with a build allocation can order one. You can walk into you local Ford dealer today and order one however you like, as long as that dealer still has an allocation available.

Last edited by garagelogic; 07-28-2008 at 05:23 PM.
Old 07-28-2008, 02:16 AM   #129
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
TAG UR IT, I'm curious.. which do you like better? The Challenger looks or the GT500's?
That's a toughie. Hmm....because I had given this a lot of thought before. But, it's really difficult for me to decide. I'd have to put them side by side for a comparison. ....mmm....you know? Each vehicle has it's good/bad things. I just don't know.

If I was forced to choose. I'd take the GT500. But, the concept Challenger could possibly change that choice.

Dang....really undecided here.
Old 07-28-2008, 04:14 PM   #130
marticus24

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelogic View Post
It is one of theirs. The car never sees Shelby's Las Vegas facility. They are built on the same assmbly line, AutoAlliance International (Flat Rock,Michigan) with all the other Mustangs.
This is true. My future mother-in-law works on the line that builds them.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:12 PM   #131
porcupinekiller

Drives: 2010 GT500
First off I gotta say the new Camaro looks awesome and I can hardly wait to see one in person(my brother-in-law has already put down a deposit at a local GM dealer)!! But secondly I have to say some of you guys are in for a rude awakening if you think that you're going to hit the streets with a brand new 2010 Camaro and wipe out the competition at the track and in street skirmishes. It's going to take time to get some fast 2010 Camaro's on the streets. There are quite a few 11 sec 1/4 mile daily driver Mustang GT's running around (mine included)that are itching to show a new Camaro some tail lights. The 2005+ Mustangs have a huge head start and massive amounts of performance parts available at reasonable prices due to the high production volume of the cars and it's going to take some time for the 2010 Camaro to catch up and it will cost more to due so.
Also if it was not for the success of the 2005+ Mustang the Camaro would not have been resurrected from the grave for 2010.
I'm glad to see the current revival of the new muscle car (Camaro, Mustang and Challenger) as it was getting rather boring with just the Mustang out there (sorry Mopar guys but a 4 door Charger isn't a muscle car in my books even if it does have a HEMI lol). The only downside is that the new breed of muscle cars are so darn heavy!! I thought my Mustang was heavy at 3500+ lbs but the Camaro SS at 3850 lbs+ and the new Challenger at 4100 lbs+ are even worse. It would be nice if they could trim fat and get these babies down under 3300 lbs.
Heck if I could afford it I would have a 2010 Camaro SS,a C6 Z06 (still my current favorite car)and a SRT-8 Challenger sitting in my garage next to my Mustang. Long live American muscle cars!!!!!!!
I'm sure you guys are going to love your 2010 Camaro's once you finally get your hands on them.

Last edited by porcupinekiller; 08-19-2008 at 02:23 PM.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:36 PM   #132
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcupinekiller View Post
First off I gotta say the new Camaro looks awesome and I can hardly wait to see one in person(my brother-in-law has already put down a deposit at a local GM dealer)!! But secondly I have to say some of you guys are in for a rude awakening if you think that you're going to hit the streets with a brand new 2010 Camaro and wipe out the competition at the track and in street skirmishes. It's going to take time to get some fast 2010 Camaro's on the streets. There are quite a few 11 sec 1/4 mile daily driver Mustang GT's running around (mine included)that are itching to show a new Camaro some tail lights. The 2005+ Mustangs have a huge head start and massive amounts of performance parts available at reasonable prices due to the high production volume of the cars and it's going to take some time for the 2010 Camaro to catch up and it will cost more to due so.
Also if it was not for the success of the 2005+ Mustang the Camaro would not have been resurrected from the grave for 2010.
I'm glad to see the current revival of the new muscle car (Camaro, Mustang and Challenger) as it was getting rather boring with just the Mustang out there (sorry Mopar guys but a 4 door Charger isn't a muscle car in my books even if it does have a HEMI lol). The only downside is that the new breed of muscle cars are so darn heavy!! I thought my Mustang was heavy at 3500+ lbs but the Camaro SS at 3850 lbs+ and the new Challenger at 4100 lbs+ are even worse. It would be nice if they could trim fat and get these babies down under 3300 lbs.
Heck if I could afford it I would have a 2010 Camaro SS,a C6 Z06 (still my current favorite car)and a SRT-8 Challenger sitting in my garage next to my Mustang. Long live American muscle cars!!!!!!!
I'm sure you guys are going to love your 2010 Camaro's once you finally get your hands on them.
give me a camaro and and a cam, tune, heads and ill kill mustangs with it
Old 08-19-2008, 02:49 PM   #133
porcupinekiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by shank0668 View Post
give me a camaro and and a cam, tune, heads and ill kill mustangs with it
Some you will but not all.
My brother-in-laws 1996 Z28 with heads, headers, cam, 4.10,s and a Procharger gave me a pretty good run until one of his head gaskets let go.

Last edited by porcupinekiller; 08-19-2008 at 03:14 PM.
Old 08-19-2008, 03:21 PM   #134
Sizzox
Most Known Unknown

Drives: 08 Vette
Send a message via AIM to Sizzox
Quote:

I hope most ppl on here that think they are going to beat every car at the strip and street is going of a stock to stock basis
Old 08-19-2008, 03:28 PM   #135
porcupinekiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzox View Post
I hope most ppl on here that think they are going to beat every car at the strip and street is going of a stock to stock basis
That being said many are stating that the 2010 Camaro will trounce the Mustang without even knowing what the 2010 Mustang will have for engine options. Bench racing just isn't as much fun a real racing. I think I'll head out and try to find a a new Challenger to lay a beating on.
Old 08-19-2008, 03:46 PM   #136
Sizzox
Most Known Unknown

Drives: 08 Vette
Send a message via AIM to Sizzox
Quote:
That being said many are stating that the 2010 Camaro will trounce the Mustang without even knowing what the 2010 Mustang will have for engine options. Bench racing just isn't as much fun a real racing. I think I'll head out and try to find a a new Challenger to lay a beating on.

This is also true but i for one am not putting the 2010 mustang in for a factor because we have no real info about it yet. There is no doubt the mustang is gonna get more power it better otherwise the muscle car wars arnt gonna be as fun if you just blow their doors off we need actualy competition and i like the look of the current stangs never liked any other ones yet and i hope the 2010 looks just as good
Old 08-19-2008, 07:15 PM   #137
Congoman775

Drives: Muscle
Quote:
Aren't we confident. What's under the hood other than a stone age suspension?
Old 08-20-2008, 12:05 AM   #138
porcupinekiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congoman775 View Post
Aren't we confident. What's under the hood other than a stone age suspension?
You sound like one of those ignorant ricers that's always putting down the C6 Corvette's because they have a "stone age" leaf spring suspension and big inefficient V8's. In spite of some of it's "stone age" components I believe the Corvette to be one of the best handling and performing sports cars on the planet. You may consider the suspension on the Mustang primitive but the live rear axle is lighter and stronger than most IRS types and actually works quite fine on the road course and the dragstrip.
You should also be a bit more careful about throwing the "stone age" reference around. Last time I checked the LS3 (and LS7 in the Vette) were still using pushrods....talk about stone age. But yet they still make great reliable power and deliver decent gas mileage. State of the art, modern design does not always mean something is superior as there is often more than one way to obtain excellent performance results. And yes I'm quite confident that my Whipple supercharged Mustang GT with 443 rwhp-approx 505 hp at the crank (and a host of other goodies, including some upgrades to my "stone age" suspension) will easily beat a 600+ lbs heavier with less power SRT-8 Challenger (and 2010 Camaro when they finally hit the streets). Once guys start modding them with superchargers and nitrous it will probably be a different story. But we'll see. It's going to be fun finding out. Long live the new horsepower wars!!!
Don't forget rice is the true enemy. Not fellow muscle car owners.

Last edited by porcupinekiller; 08-20-2008 at 12:31 AM.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:28 AM   #139
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
...... Long live the new horsepower wars!!!
Don't forget rice is the true enemy. Not fellow muscle car owners.

Unless we pull up next to each other at a stoplight....

Sorry tag couldn't help it....

Street racing is mmbad mokaey
Old 08-20-2008, 12:37 AM   #140
porcupinekiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
Unless we pull up next to each other at a stoplight....

Sorry tag couldn't help it....

Street racing is mmbad mokaey
So true!!
A Procharged LS3 SS with some 4.10's and drag radials is going to be one bad a$$ mofo!!!!

Closed Thread