Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-05-2011, 11:35 PM   #1
Vengeance Graphix

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
What was your deciding factor?

For those who purchased either a 2lt or 2ss, what was the deciding factor rather than a 1lt or 1ss for you. Im just curious because when I purchased the car I wanted all the bells and whistles, leather, connectivity pkg, aux gauge, etc. Now having the car for a year and a half, I find myself rarely using the buttons on the steering wheel to change radio stations/volume or blue tooth etc and could probably do without it now. The only thing I liked the most was the aux gauge which was only in the 2lt or 2ss which you can purchase now online. If I had to do it over I would have opted for the 1lt and saved a few bucks. Anyone else have the same view or would like to explain why they chose that specific model.
Vengeance Graphix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 11:39 PM   #2
cmb74656

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM/BLI A6
HID headlamps, HUD, and leather seats.

MODS: RX Performance catch can, Jegs CAI, ZL1 grille, chrome license plate frame, GM locking gas cap, Defender Worx chrome DRL bezels, GM molded splash guards, Oracle LED side markers, DRLs, tag lights and reverse lamps, Technostalgia Rapid Fire tail lamps, Vitesse shift paddle extenders, MBRP cat back.
FUTURE: long tube headers, front splitter, slotted/drilled rotors, leather console and e-brake handle boot, remote fuel door and rear seat release, sway bars and bushings.
WISH LIST: Edelbrock E-Force SC, LS3 conversion
cmb74656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 11:41 PM   #3
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmb74656 View Post
The HIDs are part of the RS package not 2 SS/LT trim

I got a 2SS because I wanted the orange interior and ABL

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 11:42 PM   #4
Vengeance Graphix

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
Oh yea I left out the HUD.. thats the only other thing I enjoy having in the car
Vengeance Graphix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:27 AM   #5
Mightygrasshopper

Drives: 2012 45th anniversary edition 'vert
I was in that boat two weekends ago. They offered me a great deal on a 1ss but instead opted for a 2ss. I like my bells and whistles but seem to use it more than you might. Bluetoothe and toggle switches leather etc and heated seats. Love those. to each their own! I like my "luxury". Many don't care for it but to me it contrasts nicely with the awesome power.

www.mightygrasshopper.com
Into health, wellness and fitness? Check out my site for natural health product reviews, health articles and industry news.

Want to get into summer time shape? I'm a former fatty who's lost the weight - "Train With Me" for FREE - sexy abs in 16 weeks! Just follow along!
Mightygrasshopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:44 AM   #6
shaggy1
The thin blue line

Drives: 2012, 2SS/RS,LS3,IOM/Beige
I like all the bells and whistles as well. I just love the leather seats and HUD.
shaggy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:47 AM   #7
LimaCharlie

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS - 2004 Silverado
I have a 1SS, so I'll tell you why I did not want a 2SS. I like cars that are simple and all business. I don't care about the bells/whistles, lights, audio options, HUD, etc. Give me 426 horsepower with the 6-speed manual and I'm good to go!
The only thing that made me briefly consider getting a 2SS is the orange leather seats. Orange seats/interior accents would look awesome with the Summit White.

2004 Black Silverado 1500 2WD Regular Cab, Short Bed
-5.3 LM7, 4L60E, 3.42, G80

2014 White Caprice PPV
-6.0 L77, 6L80E, 2.92, G80
LimaCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:54 AM   #8
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyanSS View Post
The HIDs are part of the RS package not 2 SS/LT trim

I got a 2SS because I wanted the orange interior and ABL
+1, wanted the orange leather interior too, and every factory option possible. Ever since my first car, it drives me nuts to read about something in an owner's manual and not have it. Or have to look at a plug on the dash for an option that's not there.

Never use the steering wheel buttons, but nice to know they're there.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:56 AM   #9
1BADLS3

Drives: Sold: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmb74656 View Post
This! Plus the other 2ss options. I've owned enough stripper cars in my life to know that it's usually more comfortable to get everything. The only thing I left on the table was a sunroof, because I couldn't get comfortable in a sunroof car. Not worth it to me if I'm always thinking about my head rubbing the headliner or feeling awkward while driving.
1BADLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 01:00 AM   #10
bumblebabe
SoCal Race Team #10

Drives: 2012 CTH 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by xVengeancex28 View Post
For those who purchased either a 2lt or 2ss, what was the deciding factor rather than a 1lt or 1ss for you. Im just curious because when I purchased the car I wanted all the bells and whistles, leather, connectivity pkg, aux gauge, etc. Now having the car for a year and a half, I find myself rarely using the buttons on the steering wheel to change radio stations/volume or blue tooth etc and could probably do without it now. The only thing I liked the most was the aux gauge which was only in the 2lt or 2ss which you can purchase now online. If I had to do it over I would have opted for the 1lt and saved a few bucks. Anyone else have the same view or would like to explain why they chose that specific model.
For me, I had to go with a 2 package as I've waiting on my CTH. BUT... Had I not gotten a special edition that required it, I would still have gotten the 2SS because I know that I will use the connectivity and steering wheel controls all the time. I use them in my truck CONSTANTLY! Also, while I plan to either keep my Camaro until it disintegrates, I also would want the top tier trim for resale value - especially in a special edition. That's also why I went with the V8 over the V6. Only thing I'm actually very bummed about is the fact that I can't get the sunroof with the CTH :( I'm going from a huge truck with essentially 360 degree visibility to a low car with blind spots and a very small space compared to the crewmax... the sunroof woulda been nice

But... I'm a gadget girl. I love my bells and whistles... and I make sure to use em

Current mods: CAI intake, catback exhaust upgrade
Future mods: too many to list

Tundra CrewMax SR5, TRD, 5.7L V8, 2" Lift, 381 HP; 401 ft lb
bumblebabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 01:26 AM   #11
Miraclewhip

Drives: 2012 BLK / IO / 2SS / RS / Vert
HUD. IO INTERIOR. 4 gagues. And that episode of Top Gear where the brit compares the old classic mustang to the new mustang, and says and the only way a pony car was ever worth having was when it had allllll the bells and whistles. Made me think every time you see and old muscle car, you cry a bit inside about the guy who bought it 50 years ago and got the small motor...yknow

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk
Miraclewhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 05:23 AM   #12
Jarvin

Drives: 2011/2LT/RS
Very important for me were Leather Seats, HUD and the Convenience and Connectivity Package.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:34 AM   #13
PatsRS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition
I had a 2010 1LT RS with auto and connectivity that was it. I started looking more and more at the 2LTs I really liked the leather interior. When the 2012s came out there were so many upgrades I had to do it. Plus the 45th Anniversary put it over the top. HUD, reverse camera, power passenger seat plus all of the "bells and whistles". Never really wanted the V8 V6 was plenty and I am happy with it.

GM ALL THE WAY!

PatsRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:45 AM   #14
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
the LEATHER and the Connectivity Pkg......I thought I would never have a car with leather seats.....Then about 3 years ago I bought a Caddy STS for my wife and as our "FAMILY" car......NOW, I wouldn't have anything else.....so, I like you, wanted all the bells and whistles.