Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-12-2013, 11:18 AM   #1
snaphappy

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible SS2/RS LS3
MyLink is nice in person

Got a good deal on rear tires at a local shop, OEM Pirellis. Couple days later took it out on the freeway, back end is shaking violently. So obviously they didn't balance the tires. So on my way back over there today I decided to stop by Chevy and just have them balance the tires. Why trust the other guys to balance them if they didn't do it right the first time.

Anyway, while I'm waiting, checked out the new 13's. MyLink looks seriously fancy and expensive in person. Still prefer my retro steering wheel on the 11. I know nobody else likes it haha. But don't knock the MyLink til you see it. New RS wheels are pretty decent too.
snaphappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:28 AM   #2
TastyBake

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS Black
The other guys probably forgot to do it due to a lot of orders. That shop probably needs a cleaner process.

I saw it in a '14 Impala and I was very impressed. However, car reviews and folks have mentioned there is a lag when you use it. Which isn't cool.
TastyBake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:45 AM   #3
Ringo64
Forever Pontiac

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS
Read this as "MyLink is a nice person"... orly?

Yeah, it looks very cool but I am happy with my 2012 radio. Does USB connect and BlueTooth, don't want to spend any extra $$$ getting the whole shabang.
Ringo64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:24 PM   #4
David53

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LT
I upgraded from a 2011 1LS to a 2013 1LT with Mylink and I love it.
I can now keep all my music on a thumbdrive, plugged into the USB and never have to deal with my ipod or phone.
David53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:22 PM   #5
OzzySS

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
Overall, I like my MyLink. It's pretty slick for a factory radio, by which I mean it's also the only one I've had that I haven't planned on replacing within the first few months. I've only played with the nav once, but I was impressed with how much better it was than the nav in my Pioneer deck from a few years back.

the bad: I have noticed some lag when trying to select folders/lists from my ipod, sometimes it's pretty bad. but the one that drives me nuts is the lag in my volume button in the wheel. not a huge deal, i know, since i can move my hand a foot and change volume immediately. but still, if the wheel can mute immediately, why is there a delay in changing the volume?

OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:28 PM   #6
Kleeeb

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 1LT/RS
Send a message via MSN to Kleeeb Send a message via Skype™ to Kleeeb
Quote:
Originally Posted by TastyBake View Post
The other guys probably forgot to do it due to a lot of orders. That shop probably needs a cleaner process.

I saw it in a '14 Impala and I was very impressed. However, car reviews and folks have mentioned there is a lag when you use it. Which isn't cool.
I have heard some people say that there is a lag, but I have also heard other people state that It works flawlessly. I think It may be a software issue with some of them. It'll all be worked out with a few more software updates, I am sure. A little lag is expected to give it time to think, but it shouldn't be as bad as some people say that their's is.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:30 PM   #7
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
I like MyLink. The phone integration and voice commands work for me. The Sonic/Malibu steering wheel is another thing. Its rental car and doesn't seem to be angled properly for the steering column. For the SS at least I wish they didn't reach into the parts bin.
wakespeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:42 PM   #8
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
It's got a few bugs (as do many new products) but overall I really like MyLink.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:32 PM   #9
suzook

Drives: camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by TastyBake View Post

My gf has a 2014 impala...no lag...much nicer than the my link in my camaro.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:34 PM   #10
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
The 2014 Impala's MyLink system is upgraded from what's in Camaro. It has tricked-down features from Cadillac's CUE systems.

Silverado's getting it next.
Old 06-12-2013, 03:11 PM   #11
RonnieG

Drives: 2013 AGM 1LE/2SS/RS
it's been a love/hate for me and mylink.. i love that it's a screen in my car(a first for me) and that i can use my phone with it, but i hate the problems I've run into:

-lag

-sometimes when hooking up my iPhone it will display information on the screen, but the sound only comes through phone speakers... no idea

-on navigation i cancel route and try to input a new address but the icon is ghosted and unselectable.. i haven't figured out what makes it do this yet, and i resort to using my phone gps hooked up to mylink to guide me

-I've had a display message something along the lines of "unable to sync with device" it would only play the songs in alphabetical order and you couldn't skip... all you could press was the steering wheel volume control.. anything else would send it back to radio... this crap drove me crazy for a month... i had just downloaded a new song off iTunes and this popped up.. i tried to reboot my phone, upgraded iOS nothing... until the month was over and i found that i could change the songs on the phone itself, but not through car controls (haven't had this happen yet on my SS)

--end rant--

I've heard that the 2014's are going to be integrated with Apple systems... i'm super jealous already not even knowing the details
RonnieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:00 PM   #12
LuSe4

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
I love mine. Everything so far has worked flawlessly.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:10 PM   #13
RedWingsZL1

Drives: 2013 AGM M6 ZL1, 2008 Tahoe LTZ
Love the mylink, no lag for me.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:04 PM   #14
2Muchmark

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Send a message via ICQ to 2Muchmark Send a message via MSN to 2Muchmark Send a message via Skype™ to 2Muchmark
Mylink isn't that good. It does alot but the controls are strangely placed. I keep hitting the SOURCE button whenever I want to change the volume because they are so close together. And the voice recognition is junk. A Software update that connects mylink to Apple SIRI is due for the Camaro soon I heard. I can't wait.
2Muchmark is offline   Reply With Quote