Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-18-2013, 07:12 PM   #1
AnUnarmedMan

Drives: 2013 LS
stuttering during shift

I'm new to the site, so if there is a better area for this issue/question please advise. I have a 2013 LS and it has only 6800 miles on it. Two weeks ago I noticed it was shuddering/shaking during shifting. It doesn't always happen, but it happens enough for me to be annoyed. I have read on the site that there have been issues like this and that by changing the torque converter it will fix it. I have taken the car to two different Chevy dealers and both shops were "unable to replicate the problem." I called the 1-800 number to escalate the issue and I just wanted to know if anyone can provide a link to information they may help me get this resolved. I have read about the code, but was unable to find the GM document that states anything about the issue. I have been advised to ride with the tech and I am taking the car back tomorrow and I will ride with the tech to show him the issue. I am really just in need of a link to information that I can present to the dealer. I am extremely frustrated by the lack of effort by these two dealers. I don't want to freak out on anyone, but my brand new, one owner car shouldn't shake when shifting. I rented a POS charger and it drove like a dream compared to my Camaro and it's very upsetting.

Last edited by AnUnarmedMan; 08-19-2013 at 12:55 PM.
AnUnarmedMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:54 PM   #2
AnUnarmedMan

Drives: 2013 LS
Update

I took my car to Freeland Chevy in Nashville,TN today. I requested a tech to ride with me. The guy comes out and looks super pissed off, but he shakes my hand and we get in the car. He tells me that he drove the car last week and didn't notice anything and that he was swamped at work and we needed to hurry. I start driving and the car starts shaking. I asked him if he felt that and he said he felt it last time, and it wasn't strong enough of a shudder for him to fix it. I explained to him that his answer was unacceptable, to which he replied it was out of his control and he needed it to be worse for him to proceed. He gets out and tells me to drive it for two weeks and not to go to anyone else. Forget that!!!!!

I took it to Carl Black and the tech jumped in, noticed the shaking and he overnighted the part. I hope this fixes the problem. No Camaro until Friday

Should I report that tech, or should I just leave it alone?
Advise would be great!!! Thanks
AnUnarmedMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 03:44 PM   #3
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnarmedMan View Post
I took my car to Freeland Chevy in Nashville,TN today. I requested a tech to ride with me. The guy comes out and looks super pissed off, but he shakes my hand and we get in the car. He tells me that he drove the car last week and didn't notice anything and that he was swamped at work and we needed to hurry. I start driving and the car starts shaking. I asked him if he felt that and he said he felt it last time, and it wasn't strong enough of a shudder for him to fix it. I explained to him that his answer was unacceptable, to which he replied it was out of his control and he needed it to be worse for him to proceed. He gets out and tells me to drive it for two weeks and not to go to anyone else. Forget that!!!!!

I took it to Carl Black and the tech jumped in, noticed the shaking and he overnighted the part. I hope this fixes the problem. No Camaro until Friday

Should I report that tech, or should I just leave it alone?
Advise would be great!!! Thanks
AnUnarmedMan,

Thanks for your posts and updates. I'm sorry to hear about the ongoing situation with your vehicle stuttering and I hope everything is resolved soon. Please let me know how the rest of the diagnosis goes. As for feedback, we certainly value any that you have to offer and are able to report formal dealership compliments and complaints. If this is something you would like to do please feel free to PM us with your name, involved dealership and compliment or complaint.

Kind regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote