Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-07-2009, 10:00 AM   #15
JoshJ81

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS Black
I was leaning towards the "over the radiator" style CAI by New Era Performance. It has a less bend, if any, for the air to flow straight into the throttle body because it's right in front of the engine. It's a shorter path for the air to flow. This should be a better upgrade right? Most other CAI's are long and have a big 90° bend. Is the air source collection point colder with the OTR or other type?
JoshJ81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 10:16 AM   #16
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verio View Post
You're too lazy to look it up, so you want someone else to? It'd take me 10 seconds to find their thread/URL.

Go do it yourself.
What's with the attitude? Don't post if your going to say crap like that.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:26 AM   #17
Pope Designs

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Rally Yellow
I was simply stating that if someone knew it by heart to post the website. It was lazy of me but Verio did not need to be so rude....... I am sure other people viewing the post would like the info as well.

Thanks Matt for the info.......
Pope Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 10:29 AM   #18
Verio
Taking it 1 day at a time

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS Auto
Send a message via MSN to Verio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2k View Post
What's with the attitude? Don't post if your going to say crap like that.
Did you even read what I quoted?

He said he was too lazy to look it up, so he wants someone else to do it.

Honestly, why encourage lazy behavior? Welcome to society as a whole, where someone ELSE is expected to do the work for you.

Edit - It's called a Search button for a reason. They didn't throw it on this forum so I could do forum searches for someone else.
Verio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 10:31 AM   #19
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Yes there name + .com
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 10:52 AM   #20
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Did you even read what I quoted?

He said he was too lazy to look it up, so he wants someone else to do it.

Honestly, why encourage lazy behavior? Welcome to society as a whole, where someone ELSE is expected to do the work for you.

Edit - It's called a Search button for a reason. They didn't throw it on this forum so I could do forum searches for someone else.
What I was getting at is- you have the time to bitch at him but not give him the url? vararam.com, vararam.com, vararam.com- Not a problem...I guess I'm still used to the old camaro5....
Old 08-07-2009, 11:06 AM   #21
Verio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2k View Post
What I was getting at is- you have the time to bitch at him but not give him the url? vararam.com, vararam.com, vararam.com- Not a problem...I guess I'm still used to the old camaro5....
In the time it took you to respond to me, you could've taken my trash out for me too. Do you feel like doing that also?

I had no problem answering his questions before the post... so I'm not sure what the old Camaro5 was? I'm sure Tran put that "Search" emoticon on here for a reason... and it wasn't because people like to search for things on their own.

Edit - Grumpy Grandpa is right :(
Old 08-07-2009, 11:16 AM   #22
Pope Designs

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Rally Yellow
Quote:
In the time it took you to respond to me, you could've taken my trash out for me too. Do you feel like doing that also?

I had no problem answering his questions before the post... so I'm not sure what the old Camaro5 was? I'm sure Tran put that "Search" emoticon on here for a reason... and it wasn't because people like to search for things on their own.

In the time you have spent typing your several post you could have given me the website address in the first place and saved your valuable time to bitch at someone else.

B
Pope Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:21 AM   #23
thecamaroguy

Drives: 2020 ZLE 67 SS350
Come on guys...
This isn't the place for bickering...
thecamaroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:21 AM   #24
Verio

-----------

Anyway.... Vararam seems to be the best OTR I've seen on the forums here. However, I'd like see final pricing, and all that jazz before I put my heart on it.

Last edited by Verio; 08-07-2009 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Edit - Added some clarification
Old 08-07-2009, 11:30 AM   #25
sales@vararam.com

Drives: 2010 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsuperman81 View Post
Vararam will be the best, the offer the biggest gains , their price will be competitive and they offer a money back guarantee. i don't remember any other companies offering that. New era will be a close second, everyone else offers side mounted intakes that sit right in the engine departments, there more like short ram intakes and not cold air intakes, and are all basically the same in overall design. Vararaam is taking their time doing it right before they release, they didn't just throw some pipe out on the market and call it an intake. My money will be spent with Vararam.
Thank you - I agree 100%!!!!!!!
sales@vararam.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:43 AM   #26
jpsuperman81
Yep I'm back!

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by sales@vararam.com View Post
Thank you - I agree 100%!!!!!!!
Can I get a free one or something for my great advertisement? Lol never hurts to ask.
jpsuperman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 01:27 PM   #27
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
I like the design of the Vararam from the appearance standpoint. But I am concerned about the heat factor coming from the radiator. We'll just have to wait for the finished product.

BTW, just because one vendor is taking longer to produce a product DOES NOT mean they are spending more time developing it.

Another vendor could have taken 30 hours in a week to slap something together, test, etc. and had a finished product in a week or 2.
Another vendor takes 2 months but actual time spent on making and tsting the product also took 30 hours spread out 2 months. Having said that, I too, am waiting for their final product!

VERIO....I totally agree with you. Lazy people will always be lazy when they know there is always someone willing to do it for them.

Last edited by ffrcobra_65; 08-07-2009 at 04:04 PM.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 01:33 PM   #28
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope Designs View Post
In the time you have spent typing your several post you could have given me the website address in the first place and saved your valuable time to bitch at someone else.

B
Everyone needs to knock this crap off. Be respectful or don't post. It's not always what you say; it's also how you say it.

Clean it up.

It seems to me the "Over the Radiator" (OTR) styles will probably produce the best results. There is a thread in this Section where there's a proposal to test all the intakes when they are available and try to make it as scientific as possible.

Having said that, there have been great gains with pretty much all of the CAI/intake systems that have been produced. Do a little searching and you'll see for yourself too. Hopefully, the thread with the testing will happen and we can all have a better idea on what set-up is the best. I have my own, personal, ideas on what is better, but I can't quantify it nor prove it.

It seems to me that if money is an issue, then the CAIs will be your best bet. There are plastic and metal tubes to choose from. If money isn't the issue, and waiting for more definatative results isn't a big deal, then I'd say look at New Era and Vararam. New Era is already out, and looks great. Vararam is pretty much coming close to completion of their engineering and testing. If you can wait, it might be worth it. We're all going to find out

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote