Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 12-15-2019, 06:30 PM   #1
djrasras

Drives: 2010 2LT Bumblebee
Trunk Release Button Harness for Replacement

So my trunk release button stopped working and a replacement button didn't fix the issue, after checking the wires with a multimeter it seems that the issue is actually the harness that connects to the button. I've circled what I'm talking about in the picture below. I'm having trouble getting a part number for this connector and the person at the Chevy dealership I spoke to over the phone wasn't too helpful. If anyone knows where I can buy this connector it would be a huge help. Thanks
Attached Images

AirLift Air Suspension, Stainless Works Long Tube Headers + Hi-Flo Cats, Resonated X-Pipe, MRT V2 Mufflers, VMAX Ice-olator and Ported Throttle Body, Barton Short Throw Shifter, CAI Intake + Air Scoop
djrasras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 02:45 AM   #2
'10CamaroDude
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
You can use a dental tool to pull the pins out of the harness, then replace them.

How did you check them with a Multi Meter? That won't tell you what you need
to know anyway. Short the wires and see if the trunk pops, to be SURE it's not
the circuit. Take needle-nose pliers, and short both pins inside the harness. The
trunk should pop. Or, since you think you need a new harness anyway, strip some
insulation off the wires about 2" back, but stagger them, make one higher than the
other one. SHORT the two bare spots together, see if it pops.
'10CamaroDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 08:55 PM   #3
djrasras

Drives: 2010 2LT Bumblebee
Quote:
Originally Posted by '10CamaroDude View Post
You can use a dental tool to pull the pins out of the harness, then replace them.

How did you check them with a Multi Meter? That won't tell you what you need
to know anyway. Short the wires and see if the trunk pops, to be SURE it's not
the circuit. Take needle-nose pliers, and short both pins inside the harness. The
trunk should pop. Or, since you think you need a new harness anyway, strip some
insulation off the wires about 2" back, but stagger them, make one higher than the
other one. SHORT the two bare spots together, see if it pops.
Yes the trunk does pop when I short the wires. I will try replacing the pins in the harness. I also might just get a momentary switch off amazon and connect to that.
AirLift Air Suspension, Stainless Works Long Tube Headers + Hi-Flo Cats, Resonated X-Pipe, MRT V2 Mufflers, VMAX Ice-olator and Ported Throttle Body, Barton Short Throw Shifter, CAI Intake + Air Scoop
djrasras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 09:10 PM   #4
lemontwist

Drives: 12 2SS/RS L99,11 2SS/RS LS3totaled
i wish there was a key slot on the trunk
lemontwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 10:15 AM   #5
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by djrasras View Post
So my trunk release button stopped working and a replacement button didn't fix the issue, after checking the wires with a multimeter it seems that the issue is actually the harness that connects to the button. I've circled what I'm talking about in the picture below. I'm having trouble getting a part number for this connector and the person at the Chevy dealership I spoke to over the phone wasn't too helpful. If anyone knows where I can buy this connector it would be a huge help. Thanks
GM doesn't typically sell pigtail connectors. They'll want to sell you the entire harness. If you're sure you just need the connector you can get it from a junkyard. Gen5Diy has gotten me pigtails that the dealer won't sell also. Other than that there are some pigtail connector websites you can search through
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote