Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-07-2010, 09:40 PM   #15
ABM/IOM

Drives: aqua blue ls and inferno orange ss
I noticed the picture that you have there is incorrectly assembled. That is the same image that is floating around the web. I think that image is directly from pacesetter. The instructions show and read for the baffles to be installed on the other end of the x-pipe assembly. If the baffles were to be installed the way this picture shows the intermediate pipes would hit the underbody of the car right at the crossmember. The proper fit of the baffles are directly above the crossmember brace at the rear end of the x-pipe assembly.
This pacesetter exhaust fits both the v-6 and v-8 models. It is a 2 1/2" exhaust system. It is one of the only exhausts on the market that fits both engine sizes. I will be posting more pictures and a sound clip in the next couple of days.
ABM/IOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:13 PM   #16
mr. anderson

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS 1LE
cool guess it's just hard to see the resonators from the angle you took the picture from on the full exhaust installed.
mr. anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:30 PM   #17
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc8411 View Post
I hope people paying $1400 for a catback feel dumb after seeing this. This is the reason I waited to buy a catback. You can buy this and headers for the price of "quality" cat back.
lol... i bet the quality and sound cant touch a corsa cat back... theres a reason why this is so cheap.... dont you think every one would get this if it was that good.... do i feel dumb for getting a 1200 cat back.. now because its one of the best... i would rather have the best.... idk about you... you really think this cat back will sound has good as a corsa ?
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:12 AM   #18
wbt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Challenger R/T;2011 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
lol... i bet the quality and sound cant touch a corsa cat back... theres a reason why this is so cheap.... dont you think every one would get this if it was that good.... do i feel dumb for getting a 1200 cat back.. now because its one of the best... i would rather have the best.... idk about you... you really think this cat back will sound has good as a corsa ?
Glad you feel good about it. My Cherry Bomb cat-back was much better sounding than the Corsa at 1/3rd the price.
wbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:45 AM   #19
mikeSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbt View Post
Glad you feel good about it. My Cherry Bomb cat-back was much better sounding than the Corsa at 1/3rd the price.
bro you have cherry bomb exhaust just stop talking
Old 09-08-2010, 02:32 AM   #20
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbt View Post
Quote:
Simmer down boys....gonna have to take y'all to the woodshed. LMAO You guys are awesome! LOL

Seriously, this is a great option for folks just wanting to get into something more economically inclined to help them in their quest.

Not everyone can afford the Corsa or B&B systems.

This is why we all own Camaros right?? There are dozens of choices for us out there for all walks of life.

Let every Camaro owner be their own man or woman.

Good pics and writeup!

Now post up some video so we can check this system out!

Ivan @ Southwest Speed
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:48 AM   #21
mikeSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan @ Southwest Speed View Post
Simmer down boys....gonna have to take y'all to the woodshed. LMAO You guys are awesome! LOL

Seriously, this is a great option for folks just wanting to get into something more economically inclined to help them in their quest.

Not everyone can afford the Corsa or B&B systems.

This is why we all own Camaros right?? There are dozens of choices for us out there for all walks of life.

Let every Camaro owner be their own man or woman.

Good pics and writeup!

Now post up some video so we can check this system out!

Ivan @ Southwest Speed
yes your right ivan, its just that guy was calling people who spent more money on there exhaust dumb.. thats why i got mad... am i dumb for getting one of most recommended cat backs on the market ?
Old 09-08-2010, 08:12 AM   #22
FB3

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS RS LS3, BRM, NPP
Gazing into my crystal ball I see rust, lots of rust in the future.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:23 AM   #23
lexlueger

Drives: V10 BMW M5, Supercharged 2SS/RS
Quote:
I also have cherry bomb exhaust... let's dance
IW 8 RIB PULLEY W/ OD COG REARS
NX EXPRESS/NANO KIT

KDI HEAT EXCHANGER/ROTOFAB RESERVOIR
CIRCLE D 2800 TC/FLEX PLATE/ADM TRANS COOLER
DSS DRIVESHAFT/1400 HP AXLES
EATON TRUETRAC -LPE 3.27 GEARS
DYNATECH HEADERS/MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST
SQUASH RETURN STYLE FS ID 850's E85/ FLEXFUEL
BMR/EIBACH SUSPENSION

KILL MODE, ON.

lexlueger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 10:21 AM   #24
ABM/IOM

This thread wasn't started to have you guys arguing as to which system is the best or the worst. Pacesetter is a reputable company with affordable high quality parts, that's it. With that being said; i was personally looking for a cat back setup for a fair price. I found just that in this pacesetter system. It ws a clean install as well as a nice sound. As for any rust issues, this system is completely aluminized and has very nice stainless tips. Just because you spent alot of cash on a system doesn't necessarily mean that it is the best, and just because you spent peanuts on one also doesn't mean it's the worst. This is a new exhaust system to the market so we just wanted to install a couple and compare the setup.I will have new pics and sound clips coming in a couple of days.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:25 PM   #25
cplabaunza

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
X2...I will post the V8 sound clip this week...my bad for procrastinating

I have JBA catback on my SRT8 Charger ($550), I could have installed Zoomers for $2k which is more than Corsa or even Borla, but the JBA sounded better and its the same material as the Pacesetter here...3 years later no rust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABM/IOM View Post
This thread wasn't started to have you guys arguing as to which system is the best or the worst. Pacesetter is a reputable company with affordable high quality parts, that's it. With that being said; i was personally looking for a cat back setup for a fair price. I found just that in this pacesetter system. It ws a clean install as well as a nice sound. As for any rust issues, this system is completely aluminized and has very nice stainless tips. Just because you spent alot of cash on a system doesn't necessarily mean that it is the best, and just because you spent peanuts on one also doesn't mean it's the worst. This is a new exhaust system to the market so we just wanted to install a couple and compare the setup.I will have new pics and sound clips coming in a couple of days.
*Black 2007 Dodge Charger SRT8
*Black 2005 Yamaha R6 (Raven color)
*Black 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS/M6 (SOLD)
*Black 2003 Dodge Neon SRT4 (SOLD)
*Inca Gold 2002 Chrysler Prowler(SOLD)
cplabaunza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 01:14 PM   #26
ABM/IOM

Here's a vidio sound clip of the v-6 and a close up of the center baffles. Also 1 of the exhaust tip and muffler.
Attached Images

Old 09-10-2010, 10:07 PM   #27
Canyonmann

Drives: 2010
I cant load the movie!!!!!!!! Whats up? Anyone else having trouble? I would really like to hear some sound bites before I buy. My Camaro sounds like fawkin shiz.

As for the price comparisons, I really believe some things are really over priced. 1,400$ for a cat back is just silly.

YOU COULD SEND THE PACE SETTER OUT AND HAVE IT CERAMIC COATED AND POLISHED FOR THE COST OF THE OTHERS. NOW THATS AN EXHAUST WORTH HAVING...

Heres the only pic of the 3 exhausts that I have done.

The aluminum coated exhaust will last quite some time, besides how many times could you replace this exhaust for that price. I can afford whatever, but dont feel like dumping more cash down the drain than needed to accomplish the job.

Here is an option with the pace setter exhaust. Use the cash you save to weld the exhaust, ceramic coat, polish and purchase headers and high flow cats. Get all the power you can for the cash. Im planning on supercharging mine so I could use the cash rather than fund some ridiculous priced exhaust, cuz its a new Camaro. Just take it down to the exhaust shop they will put flow master and high flow cats and headers on for that price. I dont get it.

Sorry dont want to hurt any body's feelers but say what you mean is what a forum is all about IMHO
Canyonmann is offline   Reply With Quote