Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 11-22-2015, 12:17 PM   #1
Snidely Whiplash
Fight Crime, Drive Armed

Drives: '14 2SS Yelo Maro, HD collection
2016 SS M6 differential question

Chevy went and put 3.73 gears in the SS differential cause the M6 transmissions don't have the 3.01 low gear anymore. I would surmise al the Tremec 6 speed transmissions will all use the same 1LE/ZL1 gearing and use the differential to get things "normal".Since the Camaro differential was "weak" with low gears, does anyone know if Chevy wised up and put an iron pumpkin in to hold those 3.73s? Lots of folks could get "by" with an iron pumpkin and good axles. All the aftermarket differentials are insanely expensive.If anyone knows if the 2016 SS M6 3.73 pumpkin is iron instead of aluminum, PLEASE let us poor boys know. I've got axles, and an iron pumpkin and 1 piece drive shaft would take care of what power level most of us are at.Dunno if it would fit, but those putting down insane power might be able to use a COPO solid rear with coilover shocks. I guess some earlier COPOs were breaking IRS diffs.