Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2015 Camaro Fest (VI)

Old 12-14-2015, 05:01 PM   #141
Drottie

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible in VR
Well, I've got the vacation book from work, but don't know the dates to take off for Camaro5fest. This is disappointing, some people actually have to plan their vacations and knowing at least the dates would have helped. ��
Whipple 2.9L with 3.875" pulley
CBI ESAD cam with Tooley springs
ADM fuel with ID850 injectors DSX Tune
MGW shifter
20" TSW Nurbering 275/315 Nitto NT05
Carlyle Performance 15" kit with Pfadt solid subframe inserts
C.A.I. cold air intake
SLP LT headers, 3" exhaust, no cats, x-pipe
ZL1 dual mode mufflers
Lighting controlled by NightOwl

2010 SS/RS LS3 - SOLD-
#15,852 build date 06/05/2009
CGM w/flat black stripes
Drottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 05:45 PM   #142
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
Ah it is what it is. I was lucky last year. Ive already cut this trip out of my head. When the dates are announced Ill see whats available and plan accordingly.
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 10:45 PM   #143
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
Maybe they aren't having a FEST in 2016! We take if for granted it will happen ;( Just a thought........................... I have already decided on SUPERFEST and the tour of the New Lansing Camaro factory.
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 11:18 PM   #144
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
I was at the first 3 fests.

The first one was electric..ton of cars, people as far as you could see. Lots of excitement. Even the locals were like "Why are there so many Camaros everywhere?"

The second one was in Phoenix. It looked to be the same size or smaller in terms of attendance. The heat was a killer. Still tons of excitement in the air and Camaro's everywhere.

The 3rd one in Indy was where it jumped the shark a little. Seemed like the vendors and attendance was down noticeably. It was hot and everyone kinda slogged along.

The last 3 we have not went to because the "Who's going" and "Number of Vendors signed up" threads were much smaller. Like half the size of the previous years. You can spend $5-10K doing a show like this far from home, and there just was not the people to support it. The pictures from last years Bowling Green show looked to be a 3rd the size of the first one.

I personally think people only have so much vacation time each year, and after they have been to the event once, have a hard time doing it again, or on a yearly basis. Too may other things to do..or car shows even.

Maybe the 6th gen will get things going again.
MarylandSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 05:01 AM   #145
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed View Post
I was at the first 3 fests.

The first one was electric..ton of cars, people as far as you could see. Lots of excitement. Even the locals were like "Why are there so many Camaros everywhere?"

The second one was in Phoenix. It looked to be the same size or smaller in terms of attendance. The heat was a killer. Still tons of excitement in the air and Camaro's everywhere.

The 3rd one in Indy was where it jumped the shark a little. Seemed like the vendors and attendance was down noticeably. It was hot and everyone kinda slogged along.

The last 3 we have not went to because the "Who's going" and "Number of Vendors signed up" threads were much smaller. Like half the size of the previous years. You can spend $5-10K doing a show like this far from home, and there just was not the people to support it. The pictures from last years Bowling Green show looked to be a 3rd the size of the first one.

I personally think people only have so much vacation time each year, and after they have been to the event once, have a hard time doing it again, or on a yearly basis. Too may other things to do..or car shows even.

Maybe the 6th gen will get things going again.

That is the one reason why many from our club did the 2 years at Indy. Checked the box, old saying, been there done that, moving on to other new life experiences.
Old 12-15-2015, 07:09 AM   #146
Bo White

But yet LSFest is in the same spot every year and its been growing since the first annual meet.
Old 12-15-2015, 11:45 AM   #147
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo White View Post
But yet LSFest is in the same spot every year and its been growing since the first annual meet.
LSFest is for multiple car types i mean i know we let others in but it's advertised nationally aswell. This may be where we have our main issues and i did notice the vendor attendance and i get the costs but i look at how much we've supported said vendors and i find myself saying come on man show a little love if it's not a huge trip.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 01:37 PM   #148
Bo White

Mustang week is in the same location each year too and its still growing.
Old 12-15-2015, 03:00 PM   #149
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
All I've decided is after attending Fest 2,3,5&6 is I'm not driving further east than Texas this year. BG was great, but not worth 2 years in a row. Lets get it close to the West coast.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 03:38 PM   #150
HaulnSS
2013 2SS/RS M6

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS M6 Dual Mode
Personally, I will attend Fest no matter where it is, if it works out timing wise for me. I do believe the (semi) regular change of venue and delay in dates would be very difficult for vendors to lock in. I also believe there should be pre-registration for an idea of attendance numbers for the vendors. One of the things I enjoy most is seeing new products and with the vendors dwindling, that isn't happening.

I'm not a vendor...or paid spokesmen...lol

That being said, I have hosted small local car shows and can appreciate the time and effort that goes into planning these! Save yourself the hassle, find a centralized location that is willing to do some dealing, to keep the event for several years.

Hurst, Mojave Interior, 20% tint, Dual Mode Exhaust, ZL1 Splitter, ZL1 rockers, Blade spoiler, 3D Carbon rear quarter spats, CAI, Headers, M2W, catch can, apex scoop, LED DRL's, smoke side markers, billet aluminum SS emblems, Street Scene lower grill with scoops, BMR subframe connectors, lowering springs, bushings. Forgeline 20" w Nitto 315/275
HaulnSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 09:29 PM   #151
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
I think this is where our problem stems from the dates not the location. Every other fest mustang, ls, carlisle etc. has the same roundabout date that may change minimally due to extrenous circumstances we never have the same date and it's never announced with enough time for everyone who was on the fence to come to jump in and go. With those other fests everyone knows the dates and the location over a year in advance so i like hauln's idea make a deal with a centralized area for a few years and see where it goes this would probably make it easier for vendors to plan.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 11:35 PM   #152
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo White View Post
I don't mean this in a negative..just being honest.

If you go to LSFest, that is the premier racing event for LS motors out there. It is larger, and the people there are pretty serious racers. You see the larger manufacturers/vendors there for the face time, and the people at this event do buy stuff. Even if you sell nothing, you will be in front of thousands, and get coverage in every LS Magazine/Forum.

Camaro5Fest you get a few hundred people, and some are serious, but largely most conversations go like...

"Will you stamp my ticket so I win this raffle?"
"Where are all the different color catch cans?"
"Can you install my CAI in the parking lot?"
"Do you have stickers?"

LSFest = World Series
CamaroFest = *Pick your Baseball Teams* Winter Fan Fest
MarylandSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 02:49 AM   #153
Bo White

Camarofest could be just as serious if it was at a consistent round about date and location.
Old 12-16-2015, 10:41 AM   #154
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed View Post
I don't mean this in a negative..just being honest.

If you go to LSFest, that is the premier racing event for LS motors out there. It is larger, and the people there are pretty serious racers. You see the larger manufacturers/vendors there for the face time, and the people at this event do buy stuff. Even if you sell nothing, you will be in front of thousands, and get coverage in every LS Magazine/Forum.

Camaro5Fest you get a few hundred people, and some are serious, but largely most conversations go like...

"Will you stamp my ticket so I win this raffle?"

"Where are all the different color catch cans?"

"Can you install my CAI in the parking lot?"

"Do you have stickers?"

LSFest = World Series

CamaroFest = *Pick your Baseball Teams* Winter Fan Fest

You should check out the Chicago Cubs convention. It ranks up there with a World Series

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
san antonio