Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-06-2011, 07:42 PM   #43
snow_leopard

Drives: '16 1SS
gee thanks. my overall point was that he can now use this to milk stuff out of the dealer...im pretty sure that what they did was illegal and nobody likes legal action threatened against them
snow_leopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:44 PM   #44
Sawyer

Drives: '13 5.0
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:49 PM   #45
Cbrenthus

Drives: 2011 VR 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by YouseeSS View Post
True. What would you ask for? I had the paint guys fix some clear coat scratches on my hood so I had to pay an extra 100, which I payed through the dealer. I could try to get that back. Screw oil changes, I don't want those d bags ever touching my car again.
Are there any parts you want? Gauges, wheels, etc? I'd go with that. your retaliation can be to post the story on google reviews!

And yes, I've seen this happen. My old boss dropped his truck off for device at a dealer one day. For lunch, his wife picked him up and they went home for lunch. Guess who's truck he saw sitting in a driveway in his neighborhood? That's right, his. he raised he'll and got some free oil changes or something. I told him I would have run home, got the spare keys, picked up my truck, and let hilarity ensue!

Also, my mom back in the 90s valed her caddy in Miami one Sunday morning for lunch. A few days later a some friend of hers said to her "where were you going in such a hurry?"! My mom said it wasn't me but her friend said she saw her flying down the interstate, and my mom had a personalized plate which the friend recognized! The valet guys took it for a he'll of a joyride!

Also, I bet you can find this one if you google it: a guy with a wrx and a homemade carputer took his car in for service, and happened to check the gls logs when he got it back. He saw that someone had driven it down a country road at over 100 miles an hour!

And people think I'm OCD because I don't trust strangers with my car.
Cbrenthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:52 PM   #46
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
When trouble shooting a mechanical issue or getting a tune right, etc. it usually takes some driving to get it right both before for the diagnosis and after to ensure it is right....but not for paint work. Someone was joy riding.
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:59 PM   #47
fourmz
Fourmz

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS 1968 Firebird 1994 Z28
Last year the alignment shop put 50 miles on my ride, my wife called me to see if I took the day off because she saw my car driving around town (Small town) throughout the day. I called the shop and they denied it but the odometer doesnt lie. They gave me gas money and paid to have it cleaned. They made it right but it still pisses me off.
Black-in-Black/Blue out 2010 2SS/RS LS-3 -Magnacharger TVS2300,OD cog belt drive, 3.4" pulley, Janetty smooth idle blower cam,ID-850 injectors,ZL1 fuel pump,MSD boost a pump, ADM FPCM Janetty custom tune,Doug Thorley long tube headers, Corsa catback,C.A.I. Intake, Roto-Fab Big Gulp Scoop, Monster LT1/SC Clutch assembly,Eibach pro kit plus, BMR cradle/diff bushings, Barton Shifter,JRE 3.91 Eaton Tru-Trac rear diff,Barton Short Throw SHifter, Boss 339 20" wheels,Painted heritage grille, Sparks Restoration Inverted blue/black SS emblems, Seibon BB carbon fiber hood, ZL1 front bumper conversion.
fourmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:03 PM   #48
Cbrenthus

Drives: 2011 VR 1SS
One thing you can do, while being polite, is ask up front how many miles they will need to put on it.
Cbrenthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:04 PM   #49
Neozyne

Drives: Cyber Gray SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
first thing i thought of too...
Neozyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:11 PM   #50
theoneriggs

Drives: 10 Challenger R/T
Id be 100% jumping up and down mad. We bought our car with 3 miles on it. Sales guy drove it across the street from dealer to gas it up and the guy that drives it 15ft to get it in the bay for oil changes. Even with the oil changes they let me pull it out because they know I care and it's a big deal to me and the wife. When the time comes and something happens to our car that a tech needs to drive it, it's going to be a sad day. It's a violation of trust IMO to do what they did and that sucks.

We had a very rough experience on delivery day for our car. Salesman didn't show up, car wasn't detailed, gased nothing. 7 days later I was sitting in the office of the GM and I told him the following. I said we loved the car, we were very happy with "Dodge" (i know the bad word) but that we couldn't have had a more horrible experience on delivery day. We have a car that people come and talk to us about and ask us questions about and I said do you know what the first thing out of our mouths is going to be? To never ever buy from your dealership and what a terrible experience we had. Needless to say amends were made and they treat me like a king when I walk in that place now. I'm positive people do the same thing to you with your car (walk up ask questions etc) bad word of mouth is a powerful motivator.

Someone will listen to your story bro. Stay persistent and keep going til someone hears you out and you can reach a satisfactory conclusion. Good luck keep us informed!

*as usual I own a challenger so clearly something is wrong with me and my statements should be ignored*
theoneriggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:24 PM   #51
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by snow_leopard View Post
dude...60 miles isnt a big deal. i have 27k on mine
Now that we have ended our dependence on American oil, those 60 miles could be $10 - $12 in fuel.

Make them pay it back.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:28 PM   #52
Pauls69RSSS
camaro guy

Drives: 'wing or 69 RS/SS or 10 RS/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by snow_leopard View Post
right you are. well anyways....in support to your opinion, when you go and raise hell blame something thats wrong on them. if theres nothing wrong, i dont know figure something out. point is, milk it
Really? That would put him down on the same level as the idiot that put the miles on his car - taking something that didn't belong to him or had no right to.
One of the biggest problems with our country now is people looking for freebies(welfare fraud, etc)! Nothing is free - somebody has to pay for it (ie: the tax payer or in this particular situation the next guy buying a car at that dealership).

Just my humble opinion.

Paul
Old 04-06-2011, 08:35 PM   #53
Cam2011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Did you take a photo of your odometer when you dropped the car off? You do have proof of the mileage. This is BS and they should be held accountable. I hear of this sort of shit too much.
Cam2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:46 PM   #54
Moni
H-Town Camaro Club VP

Drives: Black 2010 2SS/RS
Don't bother with GM, they are useless. Might want to find a dealer that doesn't joy ride and do lunch runs with your car.
Moni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:57 PM   #55
YouseeSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS M6 SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam2011 View Post
Did you take a photo of your odometer when you dropped the car off? You do have proof of the mileage. This is BS and they should be held accountable. I hear of this sort of shit too much.
No photo, its written on the work order plain as day. The dealership is not denying it, I just need to wait till tomorrow and talk to the service manager to see whats going to be done.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:58 PM   #56
kr juice 1

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
Someone drove your car as their personal commuter or used it as a parts runner for a day. Bet on it! Give them hell and at minimum, get 10 free oil changes.
He's got the right idea. I don't know that they will give you ten, but they will give you some (if you give them hell).
kr juice 1 is offline   Reply With Quote