Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 04-07-2008, 07:17 PM   #71
Mythic

Drives: '03 Monte Carlo SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihc95 View Post
Great angles!! Still not the slotted disks we saw during winter testing.What ever happened to that???
from the background, I figured the car was still moving
Mythic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 08:13 PM   #72
2009_Camaro

Drives: 2009 Camaro Convertible
no slotted discs? for the brakes
2009_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 08:24 PM   #73
Splicerguy

Drives: 2002 trailblazer
You Know, I think I remember reading (I think it was in the GMPP Article...) that they were working on a race variant of the 5th gen. I think a rollcage and killer brakes could be part of a race prep package. That would also explain the differential cooler...
Splicerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 08:28 PM   #74
4thGen

Drives: 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt LS
God! Show us the engine!
4thGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 08:31 PM   #75
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I'm surprised no one has commented on the front license plate.

It's exactly where I assumed it would go on this vehicle. And just as ugly as I thought it would be.

I will definitely be telling the dealer to NOT drill holes in my front bumper to place the front tag.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 08:34 PM   #76
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splicerguy View Post
You Know, I think I remember reading (I think it was in the GMPP Article...) that they were working on a race variant of the 5th gen. I think a rollcage and killer brakes could be part of a race prep package. That would also explain the differential cooler...
Hmm, a Camaro equiped with upgraded brakes (among other things) intended as a race variant means only 1 thing to me: Z28. But this is all speculation. how old was that article? what all did it say? Also, it is likely that the roll cage was installed as a safety measure for the course. Its better to have a cage when you don't know what the limits of the car are. So the one we are seeing could be a 'regular' SS as much as it could be a Z28 or ZL1. Or LTZ or Popcorn or Frank or . . .
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 08:35 PM   #77
TRIXXTERR

Drives: 96 Z28(sold)
Ohh I Like.... Ahem wheres the Video?? Who's got it? someone needs to post it..

Ditto On NOT drilling the front for a plate..
TRIXXTERR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 08:48 PM   #78
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
that red really stands out...it looks sweet

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 08:55 PM   #79
Jay

Drives: Audi A4
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
I'm surprised no one has commented on the front license plate.

It's exactly where I assumed it would go on this vehicle. And just as ugly as I thought it would be.

I will definitely be telling the dealer to NOT drill holes in my front bumper to place the front tag.
Agreed.... that front plate looks terrible.... it needs to go... unfortunately I think im going to have to put it on as the popo here are assbags in regards to this.... dont think i can get away without it.... but still i will try, lol.

but the car looks hawt! and so do those brakes.... cant wait to drive one now.

Jay

"HEAVEN JUST COULDN'T HANDLE ALL THE NOISE"
JAY
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 09:12 PM   #80
TRIXXTERR

Drives: 96 Z28(sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Agreed.... that front plate looks terrible.... it needs to go... unfortunately I think im going to have to put it on as the popo here are assbags in regards to this.... dont think i can get away without it.... but still i will try, lol.

but the car looks hawt! and so do those brakes.... cant wait to drive one now.

Jay
There Are Ways Around The Front Plate Issue WITHOUT Breaking any laws, just have to be creative..look up your local/State statutes regarding front plates.. I am sure there is bound to be a loophole..I Know There Is In Texas.. so when they pull me over to complain(only Happened twice in 4 yrs) i just pull out the statute concerning font plates,show it to the officer and go on my merry way..Yes I Carry A Copy In My Car..And Even have the relevent portion highlighted for them..only one officer has gotten pissy about me showing her up..a quick call to her supervisor took care of that..
TRIXXTERR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 09:43 PM   #81
CHVY4LF
Chevrolet For Life!!

Drives: 07 Chevrolet Silverado Classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotsman View Post
Do I see a roll cage or am I blind??
Looks like a roll cage to me

Future Plate: PNYHNTR
Camaro of Choice: 2010 SS 6.2L 6M IOM
Current Ride: 2007 Silverado Classic Ext. Cab 5.3L DBM

CHVY4LF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 09:55 PM   #82
Jay

Drives: Audi A4
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIXXTERR View Post
There Are Ways Around The Front Plate Issue WITHOUT Breaking any laws, just have to be creative..look up your local/State statutes regarding front plates.. I am sure there is bound to be a loophole..I Know There Is In Texas.. so when they pull me over to complain(only Happened twice in 4 yrs) i just pull out the statute concerning font plates,show it to the officer and go on my merry way..Yes I Carry A Copy In My Car..And Even have the relevent portion highlighted for them..only one officer has gotten pissy about me showing her up..a quick call to her supervisor took care of that..
thats a good tip... but in Canada bro...the cops here in BC are real asses if they get down to it (some can be nice and reasonable)... so i would'nt bother with it.

"HEAVEN JUST COULDN'T HANDLE ALL THE NOISE"
JAY
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 10:03 PM   #83
Fandango
(In Z/28 Therapy)

Drives: 2014 SS Camaro (Sookie)
Send a message via AIM to Fandango
On the set of pictures, the last frame.

Is it just me or is the exhaust just too out there. I don't know how to describe it. I can see too much of it. Does that make sence? The mufflers need to be hidden more.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:07 PM   #84
Rich

Drives: 2003 mustang cobra
Anyone wounder why there's no bowtie or camaro badging on the side's and the great air induction in the front. I personally believe that's the SS. I could be wrong but I think it is.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote