Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 10-24-2008, 12:39 AM   #1
donjr4
Dark Knight

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RS
Send a message via AIM to donjr4
College Grad/College Senior Discount

does anyone know the deal with the gm college grad/senior discount on the 2010 camaros?
donjr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 02:41 AM   #2
nester7929
Rice Harvester

Drives: 2014 Bright Yellow 2SS/RS
I don't know for sure, but I can almost promise you that you won't be able to get it on the Camaro. It's very rare that ANY auto manufacturer offers any type of discounts on performance vehicles. The only time I can remember that happening is recently, with the trouble GM was having getting rid of Corvettes.

Plus, it's a brand-new line, so that's also a huge strike against you.

The college discount program sounds good on paper, but in reality I don't know anyone who can afford to buy a new car fresh out of college. Don't get me wrong, if you can, then more power to you. Most focus on getting a place to live and a job, which many of my friends are finding to be quite difficult in this economy.

Personally, I'm probably going to wait until I finish my Ph.D, and then I'll hopefully find a good deal on a used one. If gas isn't 7 bucks a gallon by then. I'll be driving a Volt if that's the case.
nester7929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 02:59 AM   #3
Tal

Drives: Old
Quote:
All 2008 and 2009 GM cars, SUVs, crossovers and light-duty trucks are eligible for the GM College Grad Discount Program except:

Chevrolet

2009 Corvette ZR1

I don't see the Camaro making it's way onto that list with the ZR1, it's a nice car and all but not that nice.
Tal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 09:12 AM   #4
Chemical

Drives: 2SS RS
The discount is around $500. I don't see why GM wouldn't honor it, if anyone loses money its the dealership. Plus, the discount is through GM so the dealerships must honor it.

It will be tought to get a new Camaro straight out of college but if you can affor it, I think its a great investment and a great reward for the hard work. I'll tell you, this is exactly how I'm going to reward myself when I graduate!

*Crosses finger for Z28*
Chemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 06:51 PM   #5
perfxn

the discount is the same as supplier pricing so its going to be almost 2000$, you can go to chevy college graduate and read is saids is supplier pricing.

What is the price I pay?
As an eligible college graduate, you can purchase vehicles at the predetermined supplier price, which is a special discounted price reserved for GM's preferred suppliers that is less than MSRP. To compare the MSRP to supplier pricing, CLICK HERE.

Choose a make and model from the “Build Your Own” menu. As you add options, you’ll see comparisons of both prices. Once you’ve completed your desired vehicle, you can search dealer inventory to locate it.

And don’t forget – you can also combine your GM College Grad Discount with most current incentives available in your region to receive the maximum value possible!

For supplier pricing on Saab vehicles, see your local Saab Dealer.
perfxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 07:46 PM   #6
med247

Drives: explorer
i was told they are not accpeting college grad on the camaro this was wed. dealer in nj. not sure if it was just them or for all dealers
med247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 08:17 PM   #7
perfxn

there has been emaild recieved bye camaro5 members by chevy marketing which confirms the supplier discount which is the same as the graduate discount
perfxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 09:08 PM   #8
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemical View Post
Plus, the discount is through GM so the dealerships must honor it.
Actually no they don't. The dealers are under no obligation to accept any discounts it they don't want to.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 07:00 PM   #9
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
I went ahead and did the calculations on a G6 Coupe, which ranges around what a 1/2LT would run you. Essentially the math on the Grad discount came to be ~97% of the MSRP.

So, my 1LT/RS manual which was 26,100.00 before tax/title came out to be 25,317.00. I"m definately using this, especially when I have a history at the local dealership for my old 96 Monte Z34. I practically ran up a flipping tab with these guys. -_-
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:27 AM   #10
donjr4
Dark Knight

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RS
Send a message via AIM to donjr4
thanx
donjr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 07:28 AM   #11
babyjulie83
driving! Thanks GM !!!

Drives: 2SS Camaro in ABM!!!
i'm kinda bummmed because the 2 year window for the college grad discount runs out december of 2008 for me .....just a few months before delivery of the car :( too bad for me I guess......

Everything is better in a Camaro.......puts a smile on my face everyday.....
babyjulie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:47 AM   #12
Chewy
My boredom isn't safe

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Chewy Send a message via MSN to Chewy
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyjulie83 View Post
i'm kinda bummmed because the 2 year window for the college grad discount runs out december of 2008 for me .....just a few months before delivery of the car :( too bad for me I guess......
the codes last for 6 months, so u can try and get ur code authorized while ur still in the window its definitely worth trying
Old 10-27-2008, 11:23 AM   #13
babyjulie83
driving! Thanks GM !!!

Drives: 2SS Camaro in ABM!!!
Quote:
the codes last for 6 months, so u can try and get ur code authorized while ur still in the window its definitely worth trying
Yes, you are correct...and I will still try......but I doubt it will work. The rules say that you must be eligible at the time of delivery....and I stop being eligible in December....

but maybe i'm wrong...think i'll try and see what I can do

Everything is better in a Camaro.......puts a smile on my face everyday.....
babyjulie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:02 PM   #14
Chemical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
Actually no they don't. The dealers are under no obligation to accept any discounts it they don't want to.
Well, you simply find a dealership that will honor it. Who wouldn't want to make a sale if it costs the dealership $500 - $2,000 in discounts off a $30,000+ vehicle?
Chemical is offline   Reply With Quote