Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 03-02-2009, 08:27 PM   #1
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
The 2010 Mustang is something

I don't care what you GM boys say, Ford is going to give everybody a run for their money

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 08:30 PM   #2
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic
Niiiiice

Lol at 0.18 to 0.23 hes burning out next to road kill
Old 03-02-2009, 08:33 PM   #3
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
Good publicity stunt though, lets hope this caught the eye of your average import driver who likes to drift or what ever those ricer do

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 08:41 PM   #4
UCI CamaroFan
Zot!

Drives: Toyota 4Runner
Yes, the "MusTAG" is something haha.

All joking aside, yes it is a great car for the money. I love how you can get so much performance out of a smaller engine. However, with that said, there is still no substitute for displacement.

I wonder which car will sell the most this year =)
UCI CamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:50 PM   #5
lil_chef
Banned

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCI CamaroFan View Post

All joking aside, yes it is a great car for the money. I love how you can get so much performance out of a smaller engine. However, with that said, there is still no substitute for displacement.

considering the possible limited numbers of the camaro, and possibly taking up to october just to fulfill the preorders................. as much as i hate to say it the mustang MAY outsell the camaro (not factoring current economy into the equation)
lil_chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:58 PM   #6
kanys

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_chef View Post
considering the possible limited numbers of the camaro, and possibly taking up to october just to fulfill the preorders................. as much as i hate to say it the mustang MAY outsell the camaro (not factoring current economy into the equation)
I think the Mustang will outsell the Camaro this year and the next year easily, considering the history, economic situation at present, etc. After that is anyones guess I think. I predict they will be very close.
Very cool video btw!
kanys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:14 PM   #7
Bocephus

Drives: 2011 Mustang GT, Kona, BBP, 3.73
Pretty cool! Love that Kona blue.
Bocephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:25 PM   #8
Visual_Perfection

Drives: '02 Bonneville SLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Master View Post

I don't care what you GM boys say, Ford is going to give everybody a run for their money
Why? Because they can get they car to drift? What does this prove?
Visual_Perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:40 PM   #9
Devil-eyes

Drives: undecided
since the Mustang is Solid axle its a complete turnoff for me. i see the Camaro beating the stang in all categories
Devil-eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:09 PM   #10
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
cool video MM I always like to see muscle cars doing a powerslide. The fact that its a world record is great. A head to head to head between the Challenger, Mustang, and Camaro would be cool to see. Last one to have its tires explode wins.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCI CamaroFan View Post

I've been on the fence about small engines, I respect what engineers do on some engines with constraints on displacement, but I'd always prefer to have a bigger engine to make the same power, as you (sorta) said: no replacement for displacement. Interesting note though, the 4.6 in the Mustang and the LS3 in the Camaro give about the same hp/L and roughly the same fuel economy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_chef View Post
Best case scenario, the Camaro and the Mustang have roughly equal sales. Odds are, the Mustang will outsell the Camaro by 25% or more.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:10 PM   #11
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
yea the rustang is something I just wont say what something it is.....
Old 03-03-2009, 10:25 PM   #12
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
yea the rustang is something I just wont say what something it is.....
It's something allright, something my eyes can't stand to look at!
Old 03-03-2009, 10:28 PM   #13
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
HAHAHA CC thats nicer than what I would have said LOL
Old 03-04-2009, 01:19 PM   #14
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I think Mustang's exposure to this motorsport (not to mention all the other activities it's in) is what helps keep it as popular as it is. I hope Camaro get similar exposure to as many activities as Mustangs because I really think we have a better car in all areas but it can easily get lost in the sea of other cars. Don't get me wrong, I think there are a bunch of other great cars out there, but they're going to be nipping on Camaro and it's going to be a tough battle. There's room to grow for sure, but I think it's going to be up to GM to make it a car as popular as Mustang, because if it were up to us, it would've never been cancelled.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote