Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 02-14-2009, 04:40 PM   #1
VictoryRed08

Drives: 08 Cobalt LT2,
Toronto Auto Show!

Hey Guys,

Just thought i'd re-post with pics:

"I just got back from the Toronto Autoshow where they had the IOM Camaro SS with white stripes and the Black LT1 Camaro. You could sit in both of them, and let me say that it was everything i though and hoped it'd be. I'm decent sized guy (6ft 235lbs), i had no problems getting in or out, the steering wheel adjusted well out of my lap and the seats were really comfy, soft but firm, like they should be. Also had plenty of head room.

The styling is great. I got out of it and started walking around a bit and i had that feeling in my stomach/chest, that feeling when you know that that car is the one you want. Inside and out the car is amazing. I also noticed that the engine compartment has a lot of room in it, very nice, im used to seeing cars nowadays that done have any room in there. Speaking of room, the backseat, you could fit someone back there if you needed too, children wouldnt have a problem, your dog could fit back there no prob. The cockpit and passenger seat offer ample room. the dash is great, i wish i could have turned on the electronics to see the gauges all lit up.

The radio and heating control clusterf eels as if it could function flawlessly, they really thought out the design of it so it looks nice but it isnt a pain in the ass.

The center console had a decent amount of storage, the e-brake wasnt cumbersome, however if you leave it on you'll notice it. Lots of shoulder and ass room, it really just right.

I should have the photos up soon, man im sooo pleased."
Attached Images

VictoryRed08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 04:46 PM   #2
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
Cool pic's
Old 02-14-2009, 05:37 PM   #3
Silver Streak

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak
Cool pics AGAIN lol.
Silver Streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 05:37 PM   #4
fad1

Drives: Future 5th gen Camaro
How the interior feel? Im getting like mixed reports.
fad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 05:50 PM   #5
VictoryRed08

Quote:
Originally Posted by fad1 View Post
How the interior feel? Im getting like mixed reports.
The interior was flawless my friend, i sat in the challenger also and it didnt even compare, i rather enjoyed the cloth seats, i love the radio and gauge cluster, interior materials are very high quality.
Old 02-14-2009, 07:05 PM   #6
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
Thanks for the great pics.
NAHURRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 09:13 PM   #7
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
I don't want to overload the thread with similar pics, so I will just critique the show. It was a great show, although downscaled from years past as far as inventory.

Myself, along with Scott (Canadian Camaro) & Dennis (TJ91) met at the Camaro display as planed and spent about 1hr. just over the IOM Camaro, great meeting you guys in person. I had to pry Dennis out of the driver seat a few times , and everytime I turned back guess where he was? that's right back in the driver seat

I was very impressed with the car overall, and I was also pleased to see how comfortable the cloth seats, in the LT, were as well. I know it was mentioned on the long trip down to the U.S., in the RED 1SS, but you really don't appreciate it, until you feel it for yourself.

All in all I think it's a GREAT car and the following is soooo true:
PICTURES DON'T DO IT WONDERS IN REAL LIFE!
Whenever the opportunity permits to see & feel the car (maybe even drive) don't pass it up!

CAMARO ROCKS, CHEVY RULES!!!!!!!!!

P.S. No offence to the knowledgeable sales people out there & on this forum, but I heard one of the salesmen at the show tell a couple that the car was SOLD OUT in Oshawa and you couldn't get one . I looked right at him, laughed in his face, then told the couple (in private) the truth about the car and told them they can find out anything they want on our forum.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:20 PM   #8
blackZbandit

Drives: BLACK ON BLACK 2012 CAMARO SS
GREAT PICS!!! How are the dash/door trim plastics? Are the hardy and scratchy (I hate the door plastic on the new Mustang) or soft touch? How do the materials' quality stack up against the Mustang's since it's been applauded so much by the automotive press?

****Thanks to Silver Streak for the pic I used to make this sig****
blackZbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 09:31 PM   #9
VictoryRed08

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQUALO View Post
I don't want to overload the thread with similar pics, so I will just critique the show. It was a great show, although downscaled from years past as far as inventory.

Myself, along with Scott (Canadian Camaro) & Dennis (TJ91) met at the Camaro display as planed and spent about 1hr. just over the IOM Camaro, great meeting you guys in person. I had to pry Dennis out of the driver seat a few times , and everytime I turned back guess where he was? that's right back in the driver seat

I was very impressed with the car overall, and I was also pleased to see how comfortable the cloth seats, in the LT, were as well. I know it was mentioned on the long trip down to the U.S., in the RED 1SS, but you really don't appreciate it, until you feel it for yourself.

All in all I think it's a GREAT car and the following is soooo true:
PICTURES DON'T DO IT WONDERS IN REAL LIFE!
Whenever the opportunity permits to see & feel the car (maybe even drive) don't pass it up!

CAMARO ROCKS, CHEVY RULES!!!!!!!!!

P.S. No offence to the knowledgeable sales people out there & on this forum, but I heard one of the salesmen at the show tell a couple that the car was SOLD OUT in Oshawa and you couldn't get one . I looked right at him, laughed in his face, then told the couple (in private) the truth about the car and told them they can find out anything they want on our forum.
The Lt's Cloth seats were indeed amazing, the middle of the seat was comfortable and provided good support, While the outside of the seat was a little stiffer (but by no means uncomfortable) so it'll hold you in place.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:35 PM   #10
VictoryRed08

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackZbandit View Post
GREAT PICS!!! How are the dash/door trim plastics? Are the hardy and scratchy (I hate the door plastic on the new Mustang) or soft touch? How do the materials' quality stack up against the Mustang's since it's been applauded so much by the automotive press?
If i recall correctly, the interior plastics were all soft to touch, it didnt feel cheap at all (i hate that hard, rough cheap plastic felt). You literally sit in the car, look around inside, smile, and want to start the thing up, as it should be.
Old 02-14-2009, 11:05 PM   #11
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
great shots!!!
Update...Build in process, Forged Rods, Pistons and rings, Johnson Lifters, NOVI1500 ECS SC, 13lb boost or more, LS3 Conversion 114/228/241 COMP CAM, Frostbite 4 row Aluminum radiator, 6L80 built, Circle D 6L80 PRO SERIES MULTI 258MM 2D, Stock 3.45 gears, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w/HF cat, X-Pipe, Lingenfelter dual fuel pump, E-85 flex sensor, ATI super damper pulley, Ported TB, 160 therm, Trans cooler, Pedder's sways/end links/sub frame bushings, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Coil overs. HP/TQ pending
edog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 11:24 PM   #12
fad1

Drives: Future 5th gen Camaro
Im probably going to have to wait untill the L.A auto show to sit in one of those babies.
fad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 09:11 AM   #13
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Id have to agree, the interior felt very nice, didnt feel cheap at all. The SS made me want to get a sunroof just to open the slide, it looks soo beautiful, if i got the sunrrof, i would nevver open it because i personally, just my opinion, hate the way it opens over the roof. I asked my mom if i should go and order the sunroof, she said yes that it looked cool, but then i explained how the sunroof opens and she said no, and that it was ugly if it opens like that. lol
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 08:18 PM   #14
Joe in T.O.

Drives: 1970 GTO Ragtop
Thanks for the pictures, looking forward to going to the Show this week.
Joe in T.O. is offline   Reply With Quote