Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 06-30-2014, 10:30 PM   #211
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brt3 View Post
Based on the reaction from the Boss 302 Club members, over the weekend at Thunderhill, I believe you're wrong. They were incredibly jazzed about my car and had a ton of questions. After watching and hearing it on track, I think they were impressed.

Question: do you spend more time trolling or track driving? Enquiring minds want to know...

I'm a Boss owner, and a happy one at that. And I'm damn happy the Z/28 came out and is extreme as it is. Too much money, and too late in the game for me but it can only lead to better Mustangs and Camaros to come. I hope to give one the point by at some this summer.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 10:31 PM   #212
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Top Gear Z/28 Review - "the results are both terrible and wonderful"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlapZL1 View Post
Just when edco had me all straightened out, you throw me this curve!

Glad to be of assistance.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 11:49 PM   #213
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Drives: '14 Z/28s SIM/SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
I'm a Boss owner, and a happy one at that. And I'm damn happy the Z/28 came out and is extreme as it is. Too much money, and too late in the game for me but it can only lead to better Mustangs and Camaros to come. I hope to give one the point by at some this summer.
I agree; this is a damn good time to be an enthusiast! Competition only improves the breed, so the back and forth between Ford and Chevy benefits us all. I was going to build out a Mustang-based track-day car -- sort of a street-legal Boss 302S -- until they announced the Z/28. I love all cars, and have enjoyed hanging out with the guys who own Boss 302s. Nice cars and a good group, for sure...
Old 07-01-2014, 03:02 PM   #214
assasinator
1 n the head,2 n da chest

Drives: 2002 cadillac deville
europeans are going to look at the car from price and how it stacks up against direct world competitors. not very well. you see how it faired against direct competitors the m6, and gt-r.
2011GT E85, Kooks 1-7/8", 3" offroad X, 2-7/8" overaxles, Roush mufflers, CobraJet intake, SCJ monoblade throttle body, drew 4.5" CAI, Boss302S exhaust valve springs, Baby CobraJet exhaust cams. 3.73 gears, lightweight 300A. 455rwhp @7800/410rwtq SAE 5000lb roller dynojet
assasinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 03:22 PM   #215
McRat

Drives: 2010 ZR1 "Satan"
Quote:
Originally Posted by assasinator View Post
europeans are going to look at the car from price and how it stacks up against direct world competitors. not very well. you see how it faired against direct competitors the m6, and gt-r.
I agree. If I was in England, I'd buy something else.

Wait...

They don't sell Z/28's in Europe.
2010 ZR1 "Satan" no times yet.
2013 Volt SCCA Solo2 #771 HS3.
And a bunch of Duramaxes.
McRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 04:43 PM   #216
Harryoz

Drives: .
Quote:
I disagree, as competition, the M6 and GT-R are not track comparators, at least not for me.

Everything that makes the Z/28 desirable in the US is valid in Europe.

I'm in Europe and I want one
Harryoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 05:47 PM   #217
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Drives: '14 Z/28s SIM/SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harryoz View Post
I disagree, as competition, the M6 and GT-R are not track comparators, at least not for me.

Good points, all. What's funny is that, for my use scenario, I can't even think of another car I would have considered. Perhaps if Ford made a street-legal Boss 302S (with more power and better brakes)?

In other words, I would never buy the cars the Z/28 is typically benchmarked against. GT-R? No way. GT3? Nice, but too expensive to buy and run. M-cars and AMGs? Nope. If I fit in the C7, perhaps one of the Z06s would be nice, but I'm pretty happy with the Z/28.

BTW, my use scenario is pretty much "drive on the street IF that street is on the way to the track"...
Old 07-02-2014, 03:12 PM   #218
assasinator
1 n the head,2 n da chest

Drives: 2002 cadillac deville
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harryoz View Post

what i said had nothing to do with wanting one or desirablilty. what is a WORLD MARKETING and track competitor then? similar priced and similar intended uses.

bmws, porsches, AMGs, ferarris, maseratis, GT-R's, SRT-10s, etc.

if a marque wants to build a track car, then they compete against track cars.

when ford intorduced the GT, it was compared to similar cars. ferarri, lambo, etc.

favorably or not. it's a valid comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brt3 View Post
Good points, all. What's funny is that, for my use scenario, I can't even think of another car I would have considered. Perhaps if Ford made a street-legal Boss 302S (with more power and better brakes)?

In other words, I would never buy the cars the Z/28 is typically benchmarked against. GT-R? No way. GT3? Nice, but too expensive to buy and run. M-cars and AMGs? Nope. If I fit in the C7, perhaps one of the Z06s would be nice, but I'm pretty happy with the Z/28.

BTW, my use scenario is pretty much "drive on the street IF that street is on the way to the track"...

there will never be a mustang that can compare favorably to the afforementioned cars. 302r is a class controlled car. you take the limitations of class off of it, and the bmw/porsche its lights out losses for the pony car.
2011GT E85, Kooks 1-7/8", 3" offroad X, 2-7/8" overaxles, Roush mufflers, CobraJet intake, SCJ monoblade throttle body, drew 4.5" CAI, Boss302S exhaust valve springs, Baby CobraJet exhaust cams. 3.73 gears, lightweight 300A. 455rwhp @7800/410rwtq SAE 5000lb roller dynojet
assasinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 10:03 PM   #219
alaskacamaro

Drives: 2012 2SS 45TH Anniversary
there will never be a mustang that can compare favorably to the afforementioned cars. 302r is a class controlled car. you take the limitations of class off of it, and the bmw/porsche its lights out losses for the pony car.[/QUOTE]

Never say never

Audi, Porsche or any of the high end euro's build their cars for a far narrower customer base than most American car companies. Throw enough money and anything is possible.

As the late Carol Shelby did was make an affordable high performing car that a blue collar worker could enjoy.
alaskacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 08:11 AM   #220
Spoolin

Drives: 2014 SW 1LE
Quote:
... you see how it faired against direct competitors the m6, and gt-r.

Did Top Gear ever release times or results when they matched them up against each other? Meaning the M6 and the GTR?
Spoolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:07 AM   #221
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
NEW SEASON STARTS JULY 14th! Hope we see the Z/28, but I think I read on here where somebody said they will not be showing it.
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote