Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 11-11-2015, 11:28 AM   #15
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
BTR knows his stuff. Your cam will work great. Do not do a night fury or other big overlap cam.
Old 11-11-2015, 04:07 PM   #16
Taco Time

Drives: 2014 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
Went to the HPmotorsports last night to see my LME 416 its been done for a bit but, Brian was at SEMA all last week. It turns out a 2016 Camaro made a pit stop at Rudy's BBQ last night about a block away so we "Htown Camaro club" could view the car. Snapped a pic of the LT1 and engine bay for yall!

I am now deciding on a CAM for the build. I talked to BTR and they seem to think that the POS displacement stage 3 blower cam I have will work ok..

What are some of yall thoughts?

BTR Stage IV Turbo cam?
Tick Performance Twin Turbo Cam?
JRE rough idle Turbo Cam?
Custom Ground cam from Steve at LethalRacing?

I happened across an article from a well know racer and shop "Kenny Duttweiler If I read this right since the turbos are more efficient the grinds now can be more like a NA cam?

If that's the case I would love to do a NightFury cam..

BTW EFR Turbos ordered!
As soon as I get an invoice my twins are ordered too. This will be great for comparison. (my build to yours). Looking forward to seeing what you put down when it's all put together.

I talked to Kevin at AGP and Shawn at Lethal before deciding to keep my night fury cam. They both said it was good to go for turbos. Can you put in a cam that will do better? yes.

Keep your thread up-to-date with how it's coming along.
Taco Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 04:42 PM   #17
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Yes will be awesome! .. Kinda wish we had same heads and intake for a true comparison..

If ya go by flow numbers similar but, I'm sure those have better velocity.

What compression is your HKE motor?

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 06:29 AM   #18
Taco Time

Quote:
Yes will be awesome! .. Kinda wish we had same heads and intake for a true comparison..

If ya go by flow numbers similar but, I'm sure those have better velocity.

What compression is your HKE motor?
Compression should be 9.5:1. My motor was built by Fountain Race Engines in FL.

What heads and intake are you running? (There's still a chance I may pull my FAST and reinstall the stock intake.)

Did you upgrade to ball bearing turbos or keep the journal bearings?
Old 11-12-2015, 06:32 AM   #19
Taco Time

Scratch that, I see your original post you're going ball bearing turbos. Which ones did you pick? Size? You adding meth?
Old 11-12-2015, 07:47 AM   #20
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

I did the EFR 7670, Ya I saw built by Jrod and assume u had a HKE motor since that's who he uses. No meth I think I'll do E85/flex. I saw Jrod and Jr at Rudys tuesday when viewing the 6th gen and Jr showed interest in a NIB Afco I had was hopping to exchange for Labor of a Fore system.

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
Old 11-12-2015, 08:39 AM   #21
camarosspower

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal View Post
BTR knows his stuff. Your cam will work great. Do not do a night fury or other big overlap cam.
What's wrong with the nf cam? I already have it and also planning on the agp kit?
camarosspower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 08:47 AM   #22
hazy

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Time View Post
Compression should be 9.5:1. My motor was built by Fountain Race Engines in FL.

What heads and intake are you running? (There's still a chance I may pull my FAST and reinstall the stock intake.)

Did you upgrade to ball bearing turbos or keep the journal bearings?
Hey if you decide to pull your FAST, shoot me a note!
hazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 09:25 AM   #23
Unreal

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarosspower View Post
What's wrong with the nf cam? I already have it and also planning on the agp kit?
Nothing wrong if you have one, there are just better cams out there for turbo if you are buying a new cam. NF and even stock cams/ls9 cams have made 1000+rwhp on AGP kits, but if you are buying a cam for it, there are better choices.
Old 11-12-2015, 09:37 AM   #24
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Quote:
Nothing wrong if you have one, there are just better cams out there for turbo if you are buying a new cam. NF and even stock cams/ls9 cams have made 1000+rwhp on AGP kits, but if you are buying a cam for it, there are better choices.

Basically its not worth another 400.00/389.00 plus ship is what your saying.. and what we have will be fine. money could go else where and bettter spent!

If ya have deep pockets, unlimited money or starting from scratch then whats a good cam choice that will be a real street killer for me.. If I'm driving along and I see a GTR, R8, or Aventador.. I'd like to have the best advantage.

Old 11-12-2015, 10:30 AM   #25
Taco Time

Quote:
I did the EFR 7670, Ya I saw built by Jrod and assume u had a HKE motor since that's who he uses. No meth I think I'll do E85/flex. I saw Jrod and Jr at Rudys tuesday when viewing the 6th gen and Jr showed interest in a NIB Afco I had was hopping to exchange for Labor of a Fore system.
Nice. Ask him. All he can say is no. They'll be installing everything on mine. My motor came from Matt at FSP. I got a heck of a deal on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazy View Post
Hey if you decide to pull your FAST, shoot me a note!
I'll basically want a grand for it if I pull it. It's almost new, and it's got a very nice hydrodip job on it.

Quote:
Basically its not worth another 400.00/389.00 plus ship is what your saying.. and what we have will be fine. money could go else where and bettter spent!

If ya have deep pockets, unlimited money or starting from scratch then whats a good cam choice that will be a real street killer for me.. If I'm driving along and I see a GTR, R8, or Aventador.. I'd like to have the best advantage.
I'd ask that question to AGP, to your installer, and to who you're thinking about buying a cam from and get their input on it.
Old 11-12-2015, 10:59 AM   #26
Unreal

Whatever Pat G specs. Doesn't take a big cam to make huge power on turbos. Depends on what you want for idle and drivability.
Old 11-13-2015, 08:21 AM   #27
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Quote:
Whatever Pat G specs. Doesn't take a big cam to make huge power on turbos. Depends on what you want for idle and drivability.

I hate those answers lol...

Kinda wish there was a Turbo cam by a Shop with proven results for twins so there would be no guess work.. kinda like he nightfury on NA its proven every M6 I have seen has been 480 plus..

I'll probably just keep the BTR it has medium rough idle and good power band..

Old 11-13-2015, 09:22 AM   #28
10aSSee D

Drives: Silver 2010 SS Camaro
I like the BTR cam, I'm sure it is plenty with twins.

ADM built 417, 2.9L Whipple with 3.250 pulley, ADM ported and polished LSA heads,ADM stage3 cam,ADM LSA belt drive system,ADM CAI race scoop, ADM dual fuel pumps, ID 850's, BMR full suspension, Gforce 9 inch kit with 3.5 inch driveshaft, Street Slayer twin carbon clutch, Lingenfelter oil seperator. Tuned by built by ADM Performance, 763rwhp,705rwtq
10aSSee D is offline   Reply With Quote