Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-20-2013, 10:15 PM   #43
06_warrior

Drives: 2012 1SS LS3 M6 black on black :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thahemp View Post
What is a DA?
District Attorney?
06_warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:19 PM   #44
bw26ss
Banned

Drives: ss camaro
DUMBASS
bw26ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:24 PM   #45
BloodRain
Account Suspended

Drives: 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
You are absolutely correct. Thats why I have no power to arrest him. And would not try to. Thats the job of the police. I let them decide if he needed to be arrested. I never said he was guilty. I said by my observation there was a good chance he was intoxicated. The same thing an officer would have done if he were in my position. Except where I called the police, an officer would have confronted him.

Lets be honest here. To assume or believe that the police can be exactly where needed at all times would be pretty naive. The police need assistance just like any other agency. If he was sober and had a condition causing his walk, then so be it. But if he was drunk and I assumed it was physical, I let a drunk person go out and potentially harm someone. My conscience wouldn't allow that.

I will always error on the side of caution when it comes to the lives of innocent people and drunk drivers. You can take guesses as to what his intentions are as he gets into his car, I will not.
Instead of calling the police, why not just ask the fellow yourself? Since he didn't leave the parking lot. Just seems like a better solution
BloodRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:24 PM   #46

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11fastss View Post
DUMBASS
No,...a Dum Bass would be a DB....

....let's lighten up Francis(s)...lol
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:26 PM   #47
bw26ss
Banned

Drives: ss camaro
just messin, hope no one got there feelers hurt, haha
bw26ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:34 PM   #48
thahemp
Geek

Drives: 2012 Black LS3
You're that guy.

x = ac97968bd3df8f968c8cd3df998a9c94d3df9c8a918bd3df9c 909c94df8c8a9c949a8dd3df92908b979a8ddf998a9c949a8d d3df8b968b8cd1
x = ~x
thahemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:38 PM   #49
Tysen

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6
I've used the OnStar button to report a bad car accident and to call an ambulance for an elderly man who passed out in his car. Nice to have that service available at the push of a button.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:41 PM   #50
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by INTIMIDAT3R View Post
HUGE pat on the back to you!!! You probably saved someone's life.

As far as those who drink and drive... they should all be drawn and quartered.
But , by that order ?
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:42 PM   #51
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodRain View Post
Instead of calling the police, why not just ask the fellow yourself? Since he didn't leave the parking lot. Just seems like a better solution
Why would I confront him? Not my job and asking for a fight. Ever heard of Zimmerman?
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:52 PM   #52
My45thAnniversaryCamaro

Drives: 45th Anniversary
Quote:
Not a good idea when you have kids with you, it could go very bad very quickly.
My45thAnniversaryCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:06 PM   #53
Todd45thAnniversaryV6

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Camaro
Quote:
nothing like sitting at a major sporting event with a drunken idiot next to you, if it were up to me it would be banned, and why would someone want to drink something that looks and smells like piss
Absolutely agree!! I hate the stuff. And I hate drunk drivers as I had a loved one nearly killed by a drunk driver. My grandfather beat my mom when she was a kid and he was drunk. People do really stupid and terrible things when they are drunk., rape, violence, theft, etc. Got no use for it or those who use it irresponsibly.
Way to go, OP!
Old 02-21-2013, 12:01 AM   #54
BloodRain
Account Suspended

Drives: 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
Why would I confront him? Not my job and asking for a fight. Ever heard of Zimmerman?
In Canada that would have gone 'Hey buddy do you need a cab?' not hard to do. If they take off and seem drunk then by all means call the police.

Sigh, I exit myself from this conversation. Glad I don't live in your country. Too many scared unstable people.
BloodRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:09 AM   #55
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
I am with you on this, but wouldn't making drinking illegal in public places put a stop to alot of this? Sometimes I think the dui thing is just a way to make money is why they don't. It's almost like placing a bag of candy in front of a little kid, of course they are going to eat it, then putting them in timeout because they are hyper, you get what i'm saying.
They already did prohibition over 90 years ago. Didn't work then, wouldnt work now. People drive drunk from private places just as well as public places.
Quote:
yeah, they sell you one and that is all.
Like Barney Fife gets one bullet?
Quote:
Its just like cigarettes, they cause cancer, so why doesn't the government make it illegal, hmm.
You must be special.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyko1 View Post
Great, our govt is trying to be the nanny state like yours, thanks. We don't need your help to get there. Thank God Camaros are soon to back in the USA.
I see you are from Oregon, so am I. Your comment was based I believe on intent to drive by getting in the car with keys. It has been illegal and considered intent to DUI in Oregon for years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
True...but if he's on one of the Hawaiian islands, how far away can he really get??...lol....J/K...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
All the way to the scene of the crash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. iNCREDIBLE View Post
have to agree, in most places in the drivers seat with the keys (even if they are in your pocket) is grounds for a DUI..

if an officer sees it, you will get one..

if one intends to "sleep it off" back seat is the safest place, or passenger seat if back seat not an option..

but if he is obviously intoxicated and in the drivers seat, I'm with you, don't care if he has started the car or not, the possibility that he will is too great.
And there are people all around us that are capable of murder, can't prosecute them because the potential is there. A good lawyer for the right $ would beat that. I had a bad reaction to some medication that I had taken for two weeks. I drove 400 miles nearly comatose before running off the road and getting a DUI 2 hours later. I had not drank a thing during those two weeks. I could have beat it with a professional medical witness but it would have cost more than the DUI in the long run. I did not decide to drive impaired, I was fine and became impaired and unable to recognize the fact and make a rational decision to stop. It was totally unexpected. I do know I was lucky not to harm anyone during that experience. I threw the rest of the meds away.

Quote:
Actually we should. Alcohol serves no real purpose and is responsible for so much harm in the world. Why cant you just enjoy a glass of water? And also make illegal any perception altering things such as coffee or energy drinks. If you are too tired to operate a vehicle then you should not drive period. I don't feel any safer with everyone on 'uppers'.
If were going to bust people for smoking some pot before they drive we may as well add coffee and energy drinks to the list too or suffer epic hypocrisy. (Hopefully people can read between the lines here and notice the sarcasm)

Any perception altering substance in large quantities can be bad for someone and their commute. However, many people operate better on small quantities of their preferred vice. How do you know that that person didn't just work a 12 hour shift, grab some food, and walk exhaustedly back towards his car? When I'm tired and sore I don't walk perfectly and stagger quite a bit due to a leg injury from 10 years ago. May have not been the case at all, but I don't immediately finger somebody by thier walk unless some good falls are involved.

One thing I completely disagree with is the fact that you cant have your keys on you, and if you do its an instant dui. You should be allowed to start the car and run the heater if you need to. I can see people losing thier life if they followed that up here. Someone goes and drinks at a bar, cant drive home, freezes to death due to some silly law that makes no sense. Now if the person put the vehicle in gear, thats where the law should come into effect.

And lol at the canadian nanny state.
Driving fatigued is chargable in Oregon and probably other states as driving impaired the same as DUI. I agree with you other comment, if you do not move the vehicle you are putting no one in harms way other than yourself. I see no crime there. It's not illegal to sit in your car with the heat on. Mental state should not be a factor.

Quote:
nothing like sitting at a major sporting event with a drunken idiot next to you, if it were up to me it would be banned, and why would someone want to drink something that looks and smells like piss
Everyone has their own rights, too bad you are offended. I have never found even the worst beer to smell like piss, and I have no idea what piss tastes like.

Quote:
DUMBASS
You are VERY special?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd45thAnniversaryV6 View Post
Absolutely agree!! I hate the stuff. And I hate drunk drivers as I had a loved one nearly killed by a drunk driver. My grandfather beat my mom when she was a kid and he was drunk. People do really stupid and terrible things when they are drunk., rape, violence, theft, etc. Got no use for it or those who use it irresponsibly.
Way to go, OP!
You think it is ONLY drunks that commit these crimes? Really? And the gun makes people shoot other people. It's not the alchohol, it's the person drinking it.

Last edited by CWI; 02-21-2013 at 04:12 AM.
CWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:37 AM   #56
AllNaturall

Drives: 1987 IROC
Soooo many opinions, sooooooooooo many arm chair retards! Put your keyboards away boys and girls.

Kudos to the OP. Would have done the same if put in your shoes.

By reporting the situation to the authorities you avoided an unnecessary conflict with either an intoxicated patron, or a crippled man for being nosy. Police are trained to handle these situations, and people are less likely to start a fight with "the man" than some random dude "tapping" their shoulder. If the man was in fact good to drive he receives a 10-30 minute inconvenience of his night. If not, we know the rest, and somebody possibly gets live another day.

There are many laws in this country and others (Canada) that just make you scratch your head. Some should have never made it to paper, some should have been enacted years ahead of their time. If people payed more attention to the world around them, there would be less head scratching, or more level headed legislature. Most people choose to stick to the 9-5 and only worry about me, myself, and I.

To think banning alcohol, !!!AGAIN!!!, (you might want to dig out your grade school history book for a quick refresh on how that turned out) is absurd. All the crimes mentioned that "boozers" commit are not only limited to "boozers." All the same crimes are committed every day by completely stone sober people, and in many cases the damage is worse!

Anywho...
AllNaturall is offline   Reply With Quote