Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 02-07-2012, 06:36 PM   #1
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
New Pfadt 2012+ Adjustable Front and Rear Sway Bars Package

Everyone knows there are a handful of changes to the suspension of the 2012 Camaro with the introduction of the FE4 and FE5 suspension packages. Here at Pfadt Race Engineering we are just as excited about it as GM and the future owners of 2012 Camaro's are!

After modeling the changes to the rear suspension it's clear that with the revised suspension geometry we can now reduce body roll even further than with the previous models for even better street and track performance. This will allow your Camaro to corner flatter and establish an even better overall balance than was possible with previous Camaro sway bar packages.

As of right now we are gearing up for production on our new FE4 Sport sway bar package. This new package will feature:
  • NEW Adjustable front sway bar
  • NEW FE4 Optimized adjustable rear sway bar featuring our new Quick Switch Rear Sway Bar Ends
  • Heavy Duty Endlinks Available
  • Hollow tube bar construction for superior stiffness to weight ratio
  • Sway bar ends precision machined and then welded in for excellent strength
  • Compatible with OEM Endlinks

Every car and every driver are just a little bit different, and the ability to tune your sway bar is extremely important to get the most out of a new parts package. The new, longer endlinks that GM has included in the FE4 package provide the perfect opportunity to include an efficient adjustable bar. The prior endlinks were much shorter which means the force from your control arm was not always acting directly on the sway bar due to the high angles of articulation; This new geometry has MUCH smaller articulation angles so each unique position/adjustment is VERY influential on the Camaro's handling. One of the coolest features of the new FE4 Sport sway bar package are the new Quick Switch sway bar ends. The newly designed ends will allow for fast changes to sway bar stiffness without completely removing the endlink, saving you time at the track between runs. Proper fitment is extremely important for proper function as well, and the new Quick Switch ends match the factory bar end shape which cups the bushing material of the endlink. They are precision machined from high quality steel, then welded into the arms for excellent strength over the lifetime of the car.

At Pfadt, we believe in keeping our parts both light and super strong. The FE4 Sport package's hollow bar construction is not only super stiff but also keeps weight to a minimum. The stiffness lost due to the removal of the center material for weight savings is negligible and is added back into the bar with the adjustable feature. Hollow is the strongest and lightest option.

Having a front and rear adjustable bar package will give you the best tuning potential. For example when you put on different sized wheels and tires, or make other changes to your car's handling, you can dial back in the performance balance you like. It's important to keep in mind that with the FE4 Sport Package you now have the ability tune the front AND rear adjustable bars. A sway bar package without an adjustable rear bar leaves no room to reestablish handling balance after changing the grip levels with a tire change.

Keep an eye out here in this thread and on our website for more updates to this really sweet package as they come available!

Last edited by PfadtRacing; 02-09-2012 at 11:25 AM.
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:37 PM   #2
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Nice. We always love new toys.

Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:02 AM   #3
PfadtRacing

Thanks guys! There will be a really nice improvement over the factory bar with this upgraded package, and the 3 position adjustability will allow our users to dial their systems in how they would like!
Old 02-08-2012, 05:41 PM   #4
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
That looks sweet, I wish I didnt need to swap control arms in my 2010 SS.

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:22 PM   #5
Erik@Torq

Drives: '10 SS + '04 Z16 Z06 S/C
Send a message via MSN to Erik@Torq
That is an amazing piece of engineering right there! I can't wait to test these bad boys! I really love the adjustment design, looks real easy to adjust. Let us know as soon as they are ready to rock guys
Erik@Torq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:33 AM   #6
PfadtRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by toehead93 View Post
That looks sweet, I wish I didnt need to swap control arms in my 2010 SS.
Control arms are actually going to be relatively inexpensive and pretty easy to replace. The final production kit will have an option to purchase the new required control arms at the same time as you buy your sway bars for one easy to install package!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik@Torq View Post
That is an amazing piece of engineering right there! I can't wait to test these bad boys! I really love the adjustment design, looks real easy to adjust. Let us know as soon as they are ready to rock guys
You bet Erik! I know you're going to love the new kits, and I'm sure you guys will end up with one of the first sets!
Old 02-09-2012, 11:46 AM   #7
Sales @ ECS

Drives: 2011 CG 2SS
I must have missed the memo on these LOL...

Looking nice guys !
Sales @ ECS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 01:44 PM   #8
PfadtRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt @ ECS View Post
I must have missed the memo on these LOL...

Looking nice guys !
Surprise!

The new bar packages are going to be the best we've ever produced for the Camaro. Stay tuned for more info!
Old 02-09-2012, 06:31 PM   #9
dcplus14

Drives: '12 Camaro 2SS/RS/Hurst
Definitely Interested!
[AAC DRL LED's, AAC LED's for trunk, cabin, license plate, CAI Intake, RX Catch Can, Skip shift eliminator, Pedders Sub-Frame Inserts, Pedders Radius Rod Inserts, Pedders Rack & Pinion Bushing, 1LE front and rear sway bars]
dcplus14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:01 AM   #10
Avalnch

Drives: Rally Yellow Camaro+Avalanche
Awesome, Pfadt!

Please, please, please make the new front bars work with your existing adjustable endlinks!
Vengeance Kaotik Cam, C.A.I., ARH LT, Pypes Cat Back, ZL1 Shifter+2012LS3VERT bushing, Quantum Brake Ducts, JDP Tow Hook Scorch Yellow Trim Kit, Shark Fin, AAC DRLs+ABLs+SMDs, ZTA Rear Spoiler, R.Y. 1LE Splitter. Pfadt coilovers, camber plates, trailing arms, Pegasus Solid Subframe. Pedders ZL1 barz, radius arm & steering rack bushings. BMR adjustable toe-rods. Hotchkis Max Chassis Brace. ZL1 GMPP Driveline Upgrade. TurnOne P/S pump. CTS-V 6 pistons.
447 HP @ 6180 RPM / 418 TQ @ 5100 RPM
Avalnch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:56 PM   #11
PfadtRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalnch View Post
Awesome, Pfadt!

Please, please, please make the new front bars work with your existing adjustable endlinks!
I'll pass it along to our engineering department. It's EXTREMELY likely that the current endlinks will work with the new adjustable front bar.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:12 PM   #12
Whiteside Customs
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 1lt/rs, 2010 2ss/rs, 2004 GTO
Great job guys! Those look really trick!
Whiteside Customs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:13 PM   #13
PfadtRacing

We just thought you guys would like a few progress pictures of how things are coming along. Like us on Facebook for a gallery of 25 product development photos. We think you guys should get a kick out of the last one we're posting here. Keep a close eye on what's peaking behind the pre production sway bar.

What do we have here?

Old 02-14-2012, 11:24 PM   #14
Fubar

Drives: SW 2SS/RS M6
Subscribed, neat setup....
Fubar is offline   Reply With Quote