Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-24-2017, 06:28 PM   #1
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
Losing coolant

My car has been losing coolant for the last 6 months or so. Started out slowly, but I've added about 3/4 gallon in the last 500-600 miles. I finally noticed a small puddle in the driveway last week. I've looked all over top & bottom but cannot see the source. The radiator is completely dry on the outside, so I know the plastic has not cracked. Upper and lower radiator hoses are dry. Heater hoses are dry. I do see some coolant along the back passenger side of the block and on the front edge of the bellhousing on the passenger side. I also see some dripping from the crossmember just below the steering rack, so I suspect it is coming from the front of the block somewhere. Would that be the water pump? From what I could see of the pump, it looked dry, but it is difficult to see.

Any ideas?

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 06:33 PM   #2
tlavoie87
Built Not Bought

Drives: 2010 Twin Turbo LFX
check the back of the block where the thermostat housing is.. theres a gasket that could leak.. or water pump those gaskets are known to leak

"Built Not Bought!'

Sponsors:
OverKill Motorsports
tlavoie87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 07:02 PM   #3
gahammerle

The thermostat is on the back of the block? I never knew that. Thanks! I'll try to get a look at it.

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
Old 03-24-2017, 09:04 PM   #4
tlavoie87
Built Not Bought

Drives: 2010 Twin Turbo LFX
yessir its kinda a pain

"Built Not Bought!'

Sponsors:
OverKill Motorsports
tlavoie87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 09:25 PM   #5
gahammerle

Yes, it appears so. I tried to get my hand back there to see if I could feel anything wet but that was tough. Not sure I have the patience to try get tools back there to get the bolts out and back in.

Find me on Facebook: