Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 03-31-2013, 07:03 AM   #29
JLE58

Drives: CGM,twin turbo, cam 2010 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crime2 View Post
I think you missed the part where I said "internal motor work also".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. If it is spelllled wrong, deal with it.
No I saw it but that doesn't help a turbo grow larger......

Last edited by JLE58; 03-31-2013 at 07:15 AM.
JLE58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:35 PM   #30
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE IMO Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob2010ss View Post
who is doing the install?

are you beefing up the fuel pump?

my advice also is to get a custom tune for the car!!!!!

like i mentioned earlier i drive my every day, it behaves like a stock car until i get heavy with the right foot, and at 7lbs it is an animal on the street!!!!

good luck!

Well since I have the 1LE I believe the fuel pump is a bit different from the regular SS... So I was planning to leave that one alone if is beefed up already... And most likely installation will be done by Granatellis Motorspor also the installation of the driver side pillar from auto meter with the A/F gauge and boost and vacuum.from cobalt... Also I really want that turbo whistle.... Do I need to upgrade the bov ? And did u keep the stock air box or did u upgrade to a k&n air filter ?
Lio Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:31 PM   #31
caper

Drives: 2010 IOM 2ss/RS
i am installing the turbonetics kit when my buddy gets some time. i am going to go with the kit as is for now, just to make sure all is good. reggie from turbonetics advised this as well...then i will be doing cat delete pipes, filter, dyno tune, bap, aem tru boost, and another guage in a pillar pod, zr1 map. i have all this ready to go (still need the boost controller and filter). actually, if my buddy's shop stays backed up for a bit longer i may just do most of this at the time of install, i am just needing the dyno tune money at this point.

leads me to another question - what size filter works for this?? i would think the spectre filters would be good enough and are easy to buy at local parts stores
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:46 PM   #32
bob2010ss

Drives: Turbocharged 2010 GLOSSY NARDO GREY
KN filter i think its 8 inch cone, get a custom tune, and ask those guys if the pump is big enough, that is very very very important

SPI Built and Tuned

Eibach Suspension and beeeeeefed up axles!!!

and a whole lotta whooooooosh

oh and those are MT Drag Radials on the back
bob2010ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:51 PM   #33
bob2010ss

oh ya i almost forgot, the kit comes with alb springs, call ask them to send alb waste gate springs

i also have an AEM tru Boost gauge located in the air vent on the left side of the steering wheel, its the best on in my opinion, even a tech dummy like me can use it!

SPI Built and Tuned

Old 03-31-2013, 03:30 PM   #34
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

So the cobalt vacuum and boost gauge I got is no good ? If I leave the stock air box at first then later to put the filter from k&n how hard will it be
Old 03-31-2013, 03:31 PM   #35
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

With the cat deleted pipes will it pass smog ? Meaning be California legal ? And are those costumized or some brand makes them ?
Old 03-31-2013, 05:28 PM   #36
caper

cat delete pipes wont pass smog but will give it about 50 more hp, plus there have been issues with cats on forced induction cars - mainly aftermarket cats but i would rather not chance loosing the turbo and engine over 2 pipes that can be replaced within 40min by a shop. to too mention its easy hp. they are made by jba . i have jba HF cats right now ont he car - they will not be staying when the turbo goes in.

the tru boost is a boost controller and reads boost, but also allows you to change boost on the fly, so you can be running the stock boost, then up it to 7-8-9 whatever you are tuned and comfortable with.

to replace the filter you would need to remove the driver front wheel, and liner, disconnect the old filter assembly and attach the new cone to the tube. at least thats how i understand it.
Old 03-31-2013, 05:30 PM   #37
caper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob2010ss View Post
KN filter i think its 8 inch cone, get a custom tune, and ask those guys if the pump is big enough, that is very very very important
8" long (thats what she said, lol) but what diameter tube any idea? yeah i will CERTAINLY not tune my car out of pump or injector - whatever HP i end up at i end up at, but i will not chance my engine. if i want more i'll replace the pump with the zl1, and ill still have the msd bap to add to that . and if its injectors , well they can be replaced down the road too if wanted
Old 03-31-2013, 05:41 PM   #38
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

Damn I should got the aem true boost
Old 03-31-2013, 05:42 PM   #39
bob2010ss

my advice is to put the cone on now its easier as the front clip will be off anyway

SPI Built and Tuned

Old 03-31-2013, 10:03 PM   #40
stangkilr

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasycz28 View Post
Do you think the kit could go any further with a bigger turbo or would the piping size be the downfall?
I think the way the whole exhaust/hot side is done in that kit would be restriction over 650hp.
stangkilr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:46 AM   #41
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

I'm happy achieving 580 to the wheels with the turbonetics kit .. maybe boost it up just one to 8psi.... As long is safe if everyone thinks is better and safer at 7psi so be it ill leave it at 7..... Besides is my daily driver so I need something reliable...

For those with more experience how much hp to the wheels can I expect with just the turbo ? And how much more will it increase or what other benefits will I get from dyno tune ?
Old 04-01-2013, 12:46 AM   #42
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

I'm happy achieving 580 to the wheels with the turbonetics kit .. maybe boost it up just one to 8psi.... As long is safe if everyone thinks is better and safer at 7psi so be it ill leave it at 7..... Besides is my daily driver so I need something reliable...

For those with more experience how much hp to the wheels can I expect with just the turbo ? And how much more will it increase or what other benefits will I get from dyno tune ?