Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 06-18-2013, 10:08 AM   #15
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Drives: TAMPA TUNING FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM
I seafoamed my Corvette 2 months ago. I poured a couple ounces in my gas tank, a couple ounces in my crank case for about 300 miles.

Then I used the seafoam spray can which has a little plastic horseshoe tube about 7 inches long which slides infront of the throttle body blade and cracks the blade open about an 1/8th inch more. What I liked about this was it opened the blade just enough to hold my idle about 2000 RPMs so you dont need a second person.

I sprayed the full can into the manifold which did not cause the engine to stall, so I poured a couple more ounces into the vacuum line. The car still didnt stall out, but I felt I added ample detergent. I shut the car off for a 1/2 hour, removed the tube in front of the throttle body, plugged in the vacuum line and started it up. I made 4-5 wide open runs and called it a day after I changed the oil.
Phil
Tampa Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:09 PM   #16
tanur420

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
thats line running from the pcv clean side to the air intake right? disconnect it from the pcv side? just wann make sure
tanur420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:32 PM   #17
Cornflakes'Camaro
Counting down the days...

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanur420 View Post
thats line running from the pcv clean side to the air intake right? disconnect it from the pcv side? just wann make sure
Yes sir. I've heard people call it a "vacuum line", atleast that's the way it has been described to me in the past. Honestly, I didn't really care what it did, I just cared about where it went into my intake at. That seemed to be the perfect location for the seafoam treatment on a N/A motor. speaking of that....i'm not trying to jack your thread bumblebee!

Bumblebee-Maybe you can do the seafoam treatment followed up by some sort of oil-injection treatment for your supercharger? I've never had a s/c motor so my level of ignorance is fairly high in this area, but I can't see injecting a solvent that cleans off oil into a supercharger without some sort of re-oiling method being a good idea.
Tick Performance Custom Cam w/ support mods/BBK LT Headers w/ midpipes/Straight Exhaust/Airaid Cold Air Intake/ZL1 Driveshaft/ZL1 Differential/Hendrix Engineering Offset Bushings/ZL1 Axles/BMR Rear Subframe Bushings/BMR Toe Rods/Carlyle Racing 15" Conversion/Jannetty Winsheild Bottle Scoop/Forgestar 15x10 Beadlocks wrapped in Mickey Thompson Radial Pros
Cornflakes'Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 02:29 AM   #18
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
NO SEAFOAM THROUGH YOUR SUPERCHARGER. NO NO NO. SC are meant to pump air not liquid.
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:58 PM   #19
bigwayne3000

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Old post I know so forgive me BUT where is that hose located at that you're showing in the pic Cornflakes?
bigwayne3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:38 AM   #20
1Slow6.2

Drives: 2013 1LE camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwayne3000 View Post
Old post I know so forgive me BUT where is that hose located at that you're showing in the pic Cornflakes?

Looks like he hooked it up to the nipple of the side of the intake. Don't quote me but that's what it seems.

If you're reading this objects In side view mirrors are losing as I'm rowing the 3:91's
1Slow6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 10:09 PM   #21
Cornflakes'Camaro
Counting down the days...

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
That hose goes from the top of the motor into the intake at the elbow bend in it. I believe it is a vacuum hose. Look under your hood and you will see it (if you have an aftermarket CAI. I can't remember if the stock intake has it in the same location, I don't THINK it does though) If you look at the picture knowing this, you can see it. Kinda looks like an optical illusion at first.
Tick Performance Custom Cam w/ support mods/BBK LT Headers w/ midpipes/Straight Exhaust/Airaid Cold Air Intake/ZL1 Driveshaft/ZL1 Differential/Hendrix Engineering Offset Bushings/ZL1 Axles/BMR Rear Subframe Bushings/BMR Toe Rods/Carlyle Racing 15" Conversion/Jannetty Winsheild Bottle Scoop/Forgestar 15x10 Beadlocks wrapped in Mickey Thompson Radial Pros
Cornflakes'Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote