Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 12-03-2010, 07:52 AM   #1
xpanda305x
Banned

Drives: Dark Knight
Brake Problem / Dealership Problem.

Where do i start?!?

Well, as many of you know i have been having problems with my brakes. sqeeaking and such. now many might think. Sqeeaking? quit complaining!. well no! the fact thats its a new car and such. i shouldnt have to be putting up with this problem. when i drive slow or hit the brakes..they just sqeeak loud enough for me to hear it or someone close to me to hear it. its horrible! makes me car look like its broken or something!!! well i took it to the dealership already 3 times. they said they fix it..hasnt been fixed..horrible sevice and overall horrible place ( West Dade Maroone Chevy ) and well i went in for 1 last time to give them a shot. and they said. hey its part of the experiance....now wtf is that as a answer...

so the other weekend i bought new tires and rims. and took it to a shop. while they were swapping out my rims and such. something caught my eye...

how horrible of condition my brakes are!!! and the dealership hasnt done ANYTHING for them!!!!

they have rust here and there and the ridges on the rotors themself are PRETTY deep and such. so i called my stepdad to look at it..and he said it himself too! its bad!!!!

what do you guys think i should do? or call. my dealership is a moron and i think i am going to have to go to another dealership. someone please help. its impossible that a car with 14,000 Miles and almost a year of ownership is like this......

( sorry for the quality of the pictures )

my dealership told me that its because i brake TOO Hard...

but...shouldnt they just replace the whole thing? i mean i have came in 3...THREE TIMES for this crap. and they still havent !@#!@ fixed it? Great Service right?

Last edited by xpanda305x; 12-03-2010 at 08:03 AM.
xpanda305x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:11 AM   #2
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
First of all, how many miles do you have on your car?

Secondly if you're are braking improperly you could be causing the premature wear and tear. Do you brake hard? Do you feel the nose of your Camaro dipping forward when you brake?
Old 12-03-2010, 08:15 AM   #3
xpanda305x
Banned

the car has 14000 miles and no it doesnt! i brake like slowly. as in..i dont slam the brake. i brake and just hold it putting more pressure as needed. but never fully slamming. get me?
Old 12-03-2010, 08:17 AM   #4
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Holly smokes, those rotors look like crap, pretty good size grooves cut into them.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:20 AM   #5
Tonkin Chevrolet

Drives: Camaro
Hopefully this will help you - Go in to your service department with a good attitude and ask them if they can do anything for you like maybe goodwill the brakes. Sometimes with low miles they will be able to take care of you. If you are braking too hard then lesson learned.

Good luck
Allen
Tonkin Chevrolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:30 AM   #6
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Ok pal,

#1, dealer service departments are just that. They aren't pros. And they deal with people bitching everyday about minor stuff.

#2, most of what I see on your car is normal. The rusting and what not. No biggie. I can't tell from the photos if the rotors are scored or not. If they are, it happens. Relax. Maybe a rock got stuck in the pad. Who knows. It's a car, things happen.

#3, maybe the pads are a little out of true. Squeaking is vibration. Something is not right. Now if the pads are worn uneven, replace them. It's cheap and you can't blame them. You have 14000 miles and to side with them, no one knows how you drive. He'll my wife thinks she drives good! To her the brake pedal is a switch. On or off!

If I were you, I'd have the brake pads removed, clean and lube the moving parts and caliper to pad contact area, put it all back with new pads and seat them in correctly. I am betting you will be fine! You mat want to see if the rotors need turned. Usually you can get one turn befor they are too thin to turn.

Good luck!
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:50 AM   #7
Brettscamaro
BrettsCamaro

Drives: Black 2ss Rs
Im having the same problem. 9 thousand miles on my 2ss and ive been to the dealership the past 4 saturday mornings. The first time they said I have defective brake pads and they changed them under warranty. I thought that would do it but since then its been the same friggin squeal and its killing me...I am embaressed.I dont know what else it could be they said that last sat they sanded down the pads and looked over everything. Hows this possible, whats my next step?
Brettscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:57 AM   #8
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Try an aftermarket pad. Some squeak, some don't. You have caliper weights?
Old 12-03-2010, 10:48 AM   #9
Brettscamaro
BrettsCamaro

Yes its a 2011 I guess theyer modified caliper weights its just pissing me off so bad..embaressing when youre 18 take a girl out you met at a party in ur new car and she goes whats that noise. lol
Old 12-03-2010, 11:26 AM   #10
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Yeah Brett that does suck!
Old 12-03-2010, 12:05 PM   #11
xpanda305x
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettscamaro View Post
Yes its a 2011 I guess theyer modified caliper weights its just pissing me off so bad..embaressing when youre 18 take a girl out you met at a party in ur new car and she goes whats that noise. lol
Thanks you!!! That's what I'm talking about. Embaresssing as hell
Old 12-03-2010, 12:39 PM   #12
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Well guys, brakes are typically not a warranty item... I mean as long as they function as designed, you will have a hard time claiming an issue with 14,000 miles.
Now Brett maybe on a 2011 but panda... Not likely.

I gave you some ideas/options. I'd take them apart and give them a good cleaning and put in new aftermarket pads and seat them in proper. But that's me, I like to turn my own wrench. I'm actually about to overhaul the brakes on my 17,000 2SS this winter. Brakes are quiet as s church mouse but it's time.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:51 PM   #13
Brettscamaro
BrettsCamaro

What pads do u have on? jrhaus76
Old 12-03-2010, 07:54 PM   #14
Oldrocker

Drives: 2010 SS2/RS Victory Red
As many hot spots as those rotors have I would agree that you are stopping too hard and too short. Under normal driving condition there shouldn't be any hot spots, but uniform discoloration is acceptable. With rotors like that you will always have noise, changing or cleaning the pads will do nothing until the rotors are machined or replaced. Then you will need to change your driving habits or you will just keep getting the same results.
Oldrocker is offline   Reply With Quote