Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 08-16-2017, 01:04 PM   #29
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Just wanted to wrap this thread up.

I've had the truck for 3 or 4 weeks now. The truck had to go to the local dealer b/c it threw an EVAP solenoid CEL code and was more difficult to start when hot. The EVAP solenoid was replaced. I contacted the selling dealership and they contacted the original owner since the guy from what I was told is a good customer of theirs. I was then told that the truck had recently been filled with bad gas that contained water due to bad floods from where it was originally located and while they had drained the tank, they never replaced the solenoid.

My dealer checked it over and ever since it has ran and started perfectly. The truck (so far...*fingers crossed*) has been a joy to drive. I like it so much better than the 2006 Colorado crew that I had before. Also, I'm averaging a bit over 24mpg which I'm happy with considering its a V6 crew cab. In my 2006 I was getting around 19, but it was also a 4x4, and I was happy with that mpg too.

All in all, although more stressful, I am satisfied with my decision to search nationwide. I spent at least 2 grand less on this truck including shipping than I could find anything comparable locally.

I've got a local company that wants to buy the bed cap off the truck and then I will replace it with a tonneau cover which to my eyes will make the truck look much better. Black bowties on the way. 18" OEM wheels/tires later.