Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 06-05-2018, 02:10 PM   #1
PatrickRodriguz

Drives: 2018 SS
Bose Speaker Static/White Noise

Hello all,

Recently I have noticed my stock bose speakers to be producing a very subtle but annoying and noticeable white noise/buzz/static sound. It is constant, and I have not been able to isolate the cause. Regardless if the speakers are off/on or using Bluetooth or radio, there is that faint buzzing sound in the background. Has anyone had this issue?

To clarify, I had my drivers door taken apart and fixed recently. While I admit, I noticed the sound after the repair; I usually drive with music so there is a good chance I would not have seen it before the restoration.

The car (2SS) is bone stock.

Any input and advice is much appreciated as the body shop has offered to take a look at it by taking apart the door again, or should I take it to my local dealership?

Thanks,
PatrickRodriguz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 04:16 PM   #2
squish72

Drives: 2016 2SS 8AT
Does it seem to change with the rpm of the engine?
squish72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 05:09 PM   #3
rootus

Drives: 2018 HBM SS 1LE
I'm kinda curious about this myself. Just noticed the other day when I turned off my car that I was getting some static from the speakers. Not like white noise, I'm talking the kind of static you might hear when wires are wet. Thought maybe it was a bad recording from my phone, but it stayed when I disconnected the phone and the speakers should have been silent. I don't have the Bose speakers, either.
rootus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 12:15 PM   #4
formare
The Milano

Drives: 2017 Firefly ShipWorks
Pretty sure its active noise cancellation being injected by the Bose system. If you check your doors you should see mics that are used to determine the level of active noise cancellation needed. The system reacts slowly, sooo going from highway to stop; then restart the active noise (white noise / static sound) will be loud. All this is an educated guess... not based on hard data.
Old 07-04-2019, 05:24 AM   #5
Vrso2

Drives: 2017 Camaro ss
Having exact same issue... this is driving me nuts !
I can hear it while car is not moving. With a little of gas, whining goes away.
I did take door apart, but couldn’t fix the issue. It happens randomly tho. Sometimes no whining noise for couple of days.

Anyone find fix for this?
Vrso2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 01:27 PM   #6
Mosaic6SS

Drives: Camaro
I had a buzzing at idle and it was my rear speakers. I unplugged them and a few days later the buzzing came back. Thinking this was strange I let the car idle and felt around the rear speakers when I pushed up on the cone the buzzing stopped. Apparently the rear speakers were blown and the coils inside the magnet came loose and was vibrating with the vibration of the exhaust causing a weird buzzing sound. I had them replaced under warranty and problem solved. I asked the technician why didn’t they sound blown and he mentioned that the noise canceling system on the Bose could have been compensating for the sound.
Mosaic6SS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bose, buzzing, speakers, static, white noise