Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-25-2012, 07:39 AM   #15
CRTZL1
Banned

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonemaro View Post
I think it's his inner McGiver at work.
Me No Understand.......
CRTZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:53 AM   #16
CRTZL1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by meissen View Post
It's the classic Camaro vs Mustang rivalry. You're not a real Camaro enthusiast until you're making jabs at the Mustangs. It's all in good fun.
Guess I'm not a 'real camaro enthusiast' then but rather a muscle car enthusiast who is mature at mind to say I love a mustang as well, Yes a mustang a great machine and a camaro another great machine.
I mean grow up people, mustang versus camaro , give it a rest already.. blah blah blah...
If I could have a ZL1 and a Shelby in the garage I'd be about the happiest man alive!!

Oh the Challenger another great machine!!! Gotta love the pony cars!!!

P.s. I do realize this thread is in good fun rather Then a hate thread... just saying though
Old 10-25-2012, 07:55 AM   #17
Iroc-z86

Drives: 86' Iroc-z 14' Camaro SS 98' Jimmy
Quote:
It's the classic Camaro vs Mustang rivalry. You're not a real Camaro enthusiast until you're making jabs at the Mustangs. It's all in good fun.
this is true! Considering my GF is a big Mustang fan and owns a restored 65 Mustang. I dont let her sit in any of my Camaros with any Mustang gear.

1986 Camaro IROC-Z - 305 TPI, cammed, GMMG exhaust, t56 6Spd swap, custom headlights with halos
Iroc-z86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:05 AM   #18
CRTZL1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroc-z86 View Post
this is true! Considering my GF is a big Mustang fan and owns a restored 65 Mustang. I dont let her sit in any of my Camaros with any Mustang gear.
If this is true I feel real sorry for you..... I mean for her!!!
Old 10-25-2012, 08:08 AM   #19
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRS55 View Post
Guess I'm not a 'real camaro enthusiast' then but rather a muscle car enthusiast who is mature at mind to say I love a mustang as well, Yes a mustang a great machine and a camaro another great machine.
I mean grow up people, mustang versus camaro , give it a rest already.. blah blah blah...
If I could have a ZL1 and a Shelby in the garage I'd be about the happiest man alive!!

Oh the Challenger another great machine!!! Gotta love the pony cars!!!

P.s. I do realize this thread is in good fun rather Then a hate thread... just saying though
You're talking about a 45 year old rivalry - since day one the Mustang and Camaros have been rivals. It's all in good natured fun, and yes both sides can agree that the competitor vehicle is a good all around car. But to say it has anything to do with maturity or growing up is a little overboard. That's like telling rival college football teams to stop taking jabs at eachother. If you don't feel the same, that's fine - but realize it's a fun rivalry that's been around for 45 years... it's not going anywhere, it's all in good natured fun, etc. 100 years from now if the Mustangs or Camaros are still being built, they will always be compared to eachother and the rivalry will always live on.

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:15 AM   #20
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
I love rivalries.
I got a pair of rivals in my hands already... see sig.
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:18 AM   #21
parkerss

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
SOME people just dont get it. They just dont get it! Mustangs were built so Camaros lovers would have something to laugh at. We do get bored of racing each other but when you need a laugh you find a Mustang and blow it into the weeds
Old 10-25-2012, 08:22 AM   #22
parkerss

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by INTIMIDAT3R View Post
I was wondering what to do with this after my Camaro coughed it up.

Then it dawned on me, it would be perfect for removing rocks from the tread in my tires before a car show...
You could market those and make a killing!
Old 10-25-2012, 08:22 AM   #23
mattsfirstSS

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
You're talking about a 45 year old rivalry - since day one the Mustang and Camaros have been rivals. It's all in good natured fun, and yes both sides can agree that the competitor vehicle is a good all around car. But to say it has anything to do with maturity or growing up is a little overboard. That's like telling rival college football teams to stop taking jabs at eachother. If you don't feel the same, that's fine - but realize it's a fun rivalry that's been around for 45 years... it's not going anywhere, it's all in good natured fun, etc. 100 years from now if the Mustangs or Camaros are still being built, they will always be compared to eachother and the rivalry will always live on.
I know right! Muck Fichigan!
Old 10-25-2012, 08:31 AM   #24
CRTZL1
Banned

Quote:
Believe me I understand all this, I understand the rival of the pony cars just as well as the next... the rival itself as long as it's talk about in an adult fashion is not immature but it's guys that bash and just talk plain stupidity about the other cars is the one I'm referring to as immature not people like your self..
just to clarify also... I love my camaro, probably more then the next guy just ask my friends who know me but I also loved my Shelby that I had before this.... but when it comes down to it I just needed a change from the mustang for now and this is more then subduing..
Old 10-25-2012, 08:36 AM   #25
CRTZL1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkerss View Post
SOME people just dont get it. They just dont get it! Mustangs were built so Camaros lovers would have something to laugh at. We do get bored of racing each other but when you need a laugh you find a Mustang and blow it into the weeds
See Meissen this is the kind of so called enthusiast that I was referring to as the immature...
The funny part about guys like this is if he happen to have a Shelby in the garage he would be bashing the camaro ...not a true enthusiast by any means...
Old 10-25-2012, 08:41 AM   #26
CRTZL1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkerss View Post
Doesn't even make any since at all either cause everyone knows, I mean real muscle car enthusiast that is..... that a stock mustang versus a stock camaro, that the mustang is faster.. so what weeds will you be blowing it to? Hmmm....
Old 10-25-2012, 08:48 AM   #27
on3fastss

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS\RS
Lmfao!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
on3fastss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:54 AM   #28
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Huh, thought we were on Camaro5.com...