Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-24-2009, 07:47 PM   #183
Abygale

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryRS View Post
When grimkeeper comes back for final tests, you should definitely take some longer videos for us
I thought Grim had the manual that worked well......wasn't it Aki that had the auto that didn't work out so well?

Last edited by Abygale; 10-24-2009 at 08:15 PM.
Abygale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 08:55 PM   #184
GOINGSOLO2

Drives: All Models
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abygale View Post
I thought Grim had the manual that worked well......wasn't it Aki that had the auto that didn't work out so well?
He does...we just like to see it on the car after some driving to make sure everything is still perfect...this way we make sure the jig is perfect.

Aki is coming back in also. It should be sometimes this week or early next.
GOINGSOLO2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 08:55 PM   #185
GOINGSOLO2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagolfguy View Post
When do you think you'll have information on the automatic version? Will it be soon, or do you think it will be some time before that is worked out.
I think within the next two weeks we will have both the manual and automatic on group buy.
Old 10-24-2009, 09:02 PM   #186
GOINGSOLO2

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryRS View Post
When grimkeeper comes back for final tests, you should definitely take some longer videos for us
That's one of the things we will be doing!
Old 10-24-2009, 09:28 PM   #187
Abygale

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOINGSOLO2 View Post
He does...we just like to see it on the car after some driving to make sure everything is still perfect...this way we make sure the jig is perfect.

Aki is coming back in also. It should be sometimes this week or early next.
Quote:
I think within the next two weeks we will have both the manual and automatic on group buy.
GREAT!!!! I can't wait to hear them both!
Old 10-24-2009, 10:12 PM   #188
GOINGSOLO2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abygale View Post
GREAT!!!! I can't wait to hear them both!
Hi Abagail you’re absolutely right. I would like to explain a bit more so it is not confusing to anyone. Grimkeeper does have the manual that worked out very well for us. Getting an exhaust kit on line for sale is a long process. We had to make the system for Grimkeeper then we had to make another one for us to be able to jig to. Making the jig that will ultimately produce the kits is a longer process than making the “one off” for the actual car. The jig has to be perfect especially when using 4 ½” tips... We have the Manual V6 jig made and we have an exhaust kit made from that jig. We need Grim’s car back (he’s coming this Wednesday) to test fit the product from the jig. It “should” fit perfectly but it’s always good to do a test fit so that we’re sure and you guys are happy. We’re definitely allotting time to take more video’s. We just ran out of time the other day.

We are hoping to get another crack at the V6 Automatic this week. It’s not confirmed what day but we should be able to get AKI down to out Buffalo store. We’re very excited about the design that we are going to try. 3rd day and 9th system’s the charm! This work can get “Exhausting.” Lol
Old 10-24-2009, 10:17 PM   #189
Abygale

Quote:
Hi Abagail you’re absolutely right. I would like to explain a bit more so it is not confusing to anyone. Grimkeeper does have the manual that worked out very well for us. Getting an exhaust kit on line for sale is a long process. We had to make the system for Grimkeeper then we had to make another one for us to be able to jig to. Making the jig that will ultimately produce the kits is a longer process than making the “one off” for the actual car. The jig has to be perfect especially when using 4 ½” tips... We have the Manual V6 jig made and we have an exhaust kit made from that jig. We need Grim’s car back (he’s coming this Wednesday) to test fit the product from the jig. It “should” fit perfectly but it’s always good to do a test fit so that we’re sure and you guys are happy. We’re definitely allotting time to take more video’s. We just ran out of time the other day.

We are hoping to get another crack at the V6 Automatic this week. It’s not confirmed what day but we should be able to get AKI down to out Buffalo store. We’re very excited about the design that we are going to try. 3rd day and 9th system’s the charm! This work can get “Exhausting.” Lol
Thank you very much for the detailed explanation on where you are at in the entire process. We can be impatient and demanding customers here at times....having the full picture helps us a lot. You are making a quality product and one that is being watched by many V6 owners....we'll hang in there! The good stuff is always worth waiting for
Old 10-25-2009, 11:39 PM   #190
rowerybo

Drives: explorer
lovin it, can't wait to hear the auto
rowerybo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 04:13 AM   #191
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
You guys will be happy you waited, just read the feedback from the LS3 and the L99 kit. Solo is finally getting the word out there through it's many happy and very demanding audience. Demanding customers are great when you have solid product! You guys have no idea how much more I enjoy my SS since coming back from SOLO............ I cannot get enough of the sound!
Old 10-26-2009, 02:17 PM   #192
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Xmicro, you told us to have faith and boy did that exhaust sound great....so you have all the credibility you need
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 05:40 PM   #193
GOINGSOLO2

Hi everyone. Just a quick update for the very patient V6 crowd. We are doing our final test fit tomorrow on the V6 manual and we have confirmation from Aki that he is going to bring his V6 automatic to our Buffalo store first thing on Thursday morning. If anyone is in the area and is interested in checking things out you are more than welcome to stop by. We are very excited to wrap up the design stage on the V6 and get to manufacturing. Thanks for your interest.

Wednesday Oct 28th- 9:00AM to ??
Manual V6 for final test fit and video’s

Zoro Muffler
2580 Stanfield Rd.
Mississauga Ontario

Thursday Oct 29th- 9:00 AM to ??
Automatic V6 for design and testing

Mufflerman
3311 Delaware Ave.
Kenmore, NY

Hope to see you there!

Steve, Jeff, and the Solo Performance Team
Old 10-27-2009, 06:08 PM   #194
TIE FIGHTR
Cousin of Foo

Drives: 2010 2LT RS BLACK/BEIGE
Quote:
Hi everyone. Just a quick update for the very patient V6 crowd. We are doing our final test fit tomorrow on the V6 manual and we have confirmation from Aki that he is going to bring his V6 automatic to our Buffalo store first thing on Thursday morning. If anyone is in the area and is interested in checking things out you are more than welcome to stop by. We are very excited to wrap up the design stage on the V6 and get to manufacturing. Thanks for your interest.
...and then get a price point and a group buy discount...

'I wish I was the full moon shining off a Camaro's hood' ~ Pearl Jam Wishlist
TIE FIGHTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:46 PM   #195
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:

Wednesday Oct 28th- 9:00AM to ??
Manual V6 for final test fit and video’s

Zoro Muffler
2580 Stanfield Rd.
Mississauga Ontario

Thursday Oct 29th- 9:00 AM to ??
Automatic V6 for design and testing

Mufflerman
3311 Delaware Ave.
Kenmore, NY

Hope to see you there!

Steve, Jeff, and the Solo Performance Team
Great News Steve. I am really interested to see what Jeff and the boys cook up for this set up. I am 1000% Sure it will be awesome based on their track record!
Old 10-28-2009, 08:55 PM   #196
GOINGSOLO2

Well thanks very much to GrimKeeper for letting us play with his V6 Manual all day today. We have the V6 manual completely finished. The jig is made the product fits like a glove and the Manual exhaust note is pure poetry! Deep and mean at all RPM ranges but no drone and it never even comes close to getting obnoxious! Now that the test fit is done Solo will start to manufacture the V6 Manual units and we we be able to ship within 5-7 days. It was a long long day for the guys and many video's and pics were taken. They're back at it tomorrow with the V6 Automatic in Buffalo. I'm sure it will be another long day as the Auto V6 has proven very difficult so far. . We can expect video's,pics, pricing and a full update sometime later on this Friday. Thanks we are looking forward to getting started with a V6 group buy.