Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Garage / Tools Discussions

Old 08-30-2012, 08:43 AM   #1
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Does anyone have Racedeck in their garage?

I was wondering if anyone on here has Racedeck flooring in their garage, im on the fence on it but walls and ceiling are all retextured and im ready for a floor! I like the epoxy but see too many that are peeling after a year and i dont want that at all.. thats what i have now ugly ugly and not camaro worthy. Pics of Racedeck thats a few years old would be helpful too
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:20 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
MAN.....I read the title to fast and thought it said "REDNECK"....thought it might have been some new fangled sercurity system!!

Name:  redneck gun.jpg
Views: 1948
Size:  17.9 KB
Old 08-30-2012, 09:29 AM   #3
white6spd

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS painted hugger stripes
I recently installed VCT (vinyl composition tile). Looks awesome and relatively cheap. Was going to go the epoxy floor route but didn't want to diamond grind the floor. PM me if you have any specific questions. I have pics to share as well...
Old 08-30-2012, 09:45 AM   #4
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
I definitely wouldnt brake into a garage with a security system like that!! I see your in a Houston camaro club, my brother lives right outside Houston and just bought a new 12 2SS 45th Anniversary he loves it! I just ordered my 13 2LT RS Auto with nav a week ago.. gota get this garage in shape!

And i never thought about the vinyl tiles im gona pm u for some pics and questions
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:48 AM   #5
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by JantzenOKC View Post
I definitely wouldnt brake into a garage with a security system like that!! I see your in a Houston camaro club, my brother lives right outside Houston and just bought a new 12 2SS 45th Anniversary he loves it! I just ordered my 13 2LT RS Auto with nav a week ago.. gota get this garage in shape!

And i never thought about the vinyl tiles im gona pm u for some pics and questions
well he should be in here.....AND in the HTCC (H-Town Camaro Club)
Old 08-30-2012, 09:51 AM   #6
MrandMrsNinja

Drives: 11' SGM 2SS/13' GT/08' F-150 4x4
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=137

dig around in there. i ran across a few of those threads a while back.
Old 09-17-2012, 03:13 PM   #7
bmbbl be

Drives: 2010 CAMARO SS
mine is 12 years old and looks brand new,,,,i'll try and get some pics tonight
Attached Images

Last edited by bmbbl be; 09-18-2012 at 08:44 AM.
bmbbl be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:15 PM   #8
frank99ta

Drives: Trans Am
I looked into all the options before I did my garage floor and I went with epoxy. If I had to do it again today, I would definitely do epoxy. If they grind the floor up correctly, it will last a while. Mine has been five years and it has not peeled yet. I've had the vinyl tiles but the problem was they would crack and absorb water. Plus the vinyl, in the Texas heat, would turn brown where the tires sat. I wash my car with half the car in the garage, so with the epoxy, when I'm done, I just squeege the water right out. Cleaning it is a breeze as well. I liked the racedeck, but it was expenisve, and I didn't like the noise it made when you walk across it. Just my 2 cents....
frank99ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:14 AM   #9
bmbbl be

Drives: 2010 CAMARO SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank99ta View Post
I looked into all the options before I did my garage floor and I went with epoxy. If I had to do it again today, I would definitely do epoxy. If they grind the floor up correctly, it will last a while. Mine has been five years and it has not peeled yet. I've had the vinyl tiles but the problem was they would crack and absorb water. Plus the vinyl, in the Texas heat, would turn brown where the tires sat. I wash my car with half the car in the garage, so with the epoxy, when I'm done, I just squeege the water right out. Cleaning it is a breeze as well. I liked the racedeck, but it was expenisve, and I didn't like the noise it made when you walk across it. Just my 2 cents....
i dont have any noise when walking on mine ? was it real race deck or imitation
bmbbl be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 07:43 PM   #10
realcanuk

Drives: 2007 Corvette C6 983 RWHP
Done the epoxy thing and after a couple of winters the salt ruined it. Went with racedeck and wouldn't do it any other way. It looks great and is very durable. I damaged a tile and they sent me a bunch of spares no charge. Great service.

Dewitts / dual spals, A&A dual pump fuel system.
3.42 polished gears, hardened shafts, Alky control meth, Cartech line lock, ECS axle loops, Trans brace, 6L80 built by me.
ID 1000 injectors, comp rockers, Morel lifters, BT springs, Trend 3/8 pushrods, ATI 10% OD Damper
Circle D Triple Disc stall
1009 RWHP @ 7000, 817 RWTQ @ 6000,
realcanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:36 AM   #11
Bcarr

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th Convertible
I've had Racedeck for 2 years now and live it! Thought about epoxy but the prep and dry time is just not practical with a garage full of stuff. The Racedeck doesn't make much noise after settling in. I would recommend this highly!
Bcarr is offline   Reply With Quote