Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-02-2010, 09:27 AM   #57
Mike@DS

Drives: 99 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTucker View Post
That's not the point here. Tuners keep saying "show me one case where warranty was voided due to a tune..." Well here one is. Who cares if it has the super-duper invisibility cloak with no guarantee or the guy was either forgetful or honest when he took his car in-the warranty WAS voided due to a tune.
Again, I am not trying to speak for ANYONES product other than ours.

You seem to be confusing things...I have not seen anyone else saying 'their' tuner will not cause an issue, just me. I frankly do not care what happens when you take a Z06 to the dealer with a hypertech tune in it, since it has nothing to do with my side of this discussion.

Thanks
Mike
Mike@DS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 11:28 AM   #58
kelley@vectormotorsports

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Quote:
That's not the point here. Tuners keep saying "show me one case where warranty was voided due to a tune..." Well here one is. Who cares if it has the super-duper invisibility cloak with no guarantee or the guy was either forgetful or honest when he took his car in-the warranty WAS voided due to a tune.
I say show me one case where a warranty was voided for one of OUR tunes.

We ONLY tune GM vehilces and have our custom email tunes in well over 1000 G8's, Camaros, TBSS's, Corvettes, Solstice's, CTS-V's ect.... You get the point. Not one single warranty issue EVER.

Like Mike said, other companies products have nothing to do with ours.

Not arguing, just wanted to explain where I am coming from.
kelley@vectormotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:44 PM   #59
GaryTucker

Drives: 09 Vette GT1, 06 350Z, 82 MSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk@VectorMotorsports View Post
I say show me one case where a warranty was voided for one of OUR tunes.

We ONLY tune GM vehilces and have our custom email tunes in well over 1000 G8's, Camaros, TBSS's, Corvettes, Solstice's, CTS-V's ect.... You get the point. Not one single warranty issue EVER.

Like Mike said, other companies products have nothing to do with ours.

Not arguing, just wanted to explain where I am coming from.
I've always been a supporter of the work that Vector does...but this really bothers me that you've taken it to the same level by saying "not my tune"...let's be honest, if it happens to one, can't it POTENTIALLY happen to another. Does your warranty say what Diablo's does about potentially voiding warranties? If so, fair enough. Caveat emptor.
GaryTucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 03:42 PM   #60
Mike@DS

Quote:
I've always been a supporter of the work that Vector does...but this really bothers me that you've taken it to the same level by saying "not my tune"...let's be honest, if it happens to one, can't it POTENTIALLY happen to another. Does your warranty say what Diablo's does about potentially voiding warranties? If so, fair enough. Caveat emptor.
Wow, you are missing the point entirely!!

Its not about tunes in general, its about 'who's' tune....what HARDWARE was used to flash it, and what SOFTWARE was used to create it...?

Apparently you have found that hypertechs stuff is detectable, last I checked HPtuners said they would NOT attempt to get around the CVN check, and yet here are Kirk and I telling you that we use DIFFERENT hardware and software than the rest of these guys, yet you still want to lump us all in the same group.

I dont get it.

Maybe you ought to stop pissing in everyone elses parade, choose NOT to tune YOUR car, and let the rest of these good people make their own informed decisions.

It is ridiculous that I have to reply to you in 2 threads back to back every day too....give it a rest man.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-s...arranty-3.html
Old 02-02-2010, 04:11 PM   #61
FLYNNZL1
Wicked ZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 HBM
Send a message via ICQ to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via MSN to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Yahoo to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Skype™ to FLYNNZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport View Post

Its not about tunes in general, its about 'who's' tune....what HARDWARE was used to flash it, and what SOFTWARE was used to create it...?

Apparently you have found that hypertechs stuff is detectable, last I checked HPtuners said they would NOT attempt to get around the CVN check, and yet here are Kirk and I telling you that we use DIFFERENT hardware and software than the rest of these guys, yet you still want to lump us all in the same group.

I dont get it.

Maybe you ought to stop pissing in everyone elses parade, choose NOT to tune YOUR car, and let the rest of these good people make their own informed decisions.

It is ridiculous that I have to reply to you in 2 threads back to back every day too....give it a rest man.
2017 Hyper Blue Metallic ZL1 A10/CF Hood Insert/PDR/NAV MODS: Rotofab CAI/V-MAX CNC Ported Throttle Body/Clear Bra/LED Reverse Light/Rock Guards/Lift Pads/Darkened Tail Lights/Ghost-Tinted LED Side Markers/Darkened 3rd Brake Light
FLYNNZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 04:32 PM   #62
GaryTucker

Quote:

I dont get it.

Maybe you ought to come clean and be honest about your super-duper invisibility cloak "man"... IF it is UNDETECTABLE...put the promise in writing to the customer...if not Quit pissing on my parade "man"...

I'll post where I want and when I want until you are more honest in your work practices. Just because your product is "undetectable" today...doesn't mean it will be tomorrow and then you are screwing customers because all you will do is say "golly-gee, guess we got caught, would you like your money back?"

If I'm wrong and you are really promising an undetectable tune, post up that portion of your warranty and I will shut up forever.

I've tuned my cars, but I've always gone under the assumption that my warranty very readily could be voided...you are giving people false hope and that just is not very respectable for a company.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:35 PM   #63
Mike@DS

Quote:

I've tuned my cars, but I've always gone under the assumption that my warranty very readily could be voided...you are giving people false hope and that just is not very respectable for a company.
Sir...users of our product will not have ANY issue at the dealership, period, end of story, done.

This will not be 'guaranteed in writing', but it will not happen, just like it has not happened in the YEARS that we have been doing this.

Thanks
Mike
Old 02-02-2010, 04:38 PM   #64
GaryTucker

Quote:
Sir...users of our product will not have ANY issue at the dealership, period, end of story, done.

This will not be 'guaranteed in writing', but it will not happen, just like it has not happened in the YEARS that we have been doing this.

Thanks
Mike
It's not worth arguing with you and your "company"...obviously you are of the opinion you better get all you can while you can...

Not a problem...but at least hopefully at least one person realizes it...

Thanks
Old 02-02-2010, 04:43 PM   #65
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Like I've said before, you better get ready to pay to play.

If you have a tune and something happens to your engine, you are only cheating yourself and everyone else into making GM pay for warranty work you don't deserve.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:48 PM   #66
GaryTucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post

If you have a tune and something happens to your engine, you are only cheating yourself and everyone else into making GM pay for warranty work you don't deserve.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:01 PM   #67
Mike@DS

Quote:

This is assuming the tune actually caused the problem with the engine, which again, should not be a concern when purchasing a tune from a reputable Vendor. Should you spin a bearing, the tune should have NO affect on that, and the warranty should be fine.

This is why we spend so much time developing our tunes, and we do not lean on them to make power...you take what you can get without asking to much of the tune, in an effort to keep things safe.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:10 PM   #68
steeleshark2

Drives: 2010 Transformer 1SS Camaro
Mike, sometimes you cannot sway people!! It just reminds me of the people that keep saying the world is going to end and that day goes by and guess what? We are still here!!!
steeleshark2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 05:11 PM   #69
kelley@vectormotorsports

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Quote:

I couldn't agree more. As long as the tune caused the failure you should most certainly pay. We have yet to see this happen with any of our tunes. But obviously it can happen if tuned by the wrong company.

Mikes post above sums it up.

Listen, tunes are not for everyone. In the big picture only a small percentage of people get their vehicle tuned. We just offer a service that can make your vehicle more fun to drive and also (most of the time) get better fuel mileage.

I am going to bow out. I just wanted to get my point across.
kelley@vectormotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 05:33 PM   #70
tony1

Drives: 2SS/RS Vortech/L99
Well Iam going to get mine tuned after I break it in.. The warranty right now is a Limited Warranty. I had bought a new Monte Carlo in 1995 a year later it wouldn't start and I had it towed to the dealer.. The best of my memory is it was some washer in the distributer (I could be wrong) but the part was cheap but they had to take alot off to get to it and the bill was $1600 which was alot in 1995 and it was NOT covered with NO MOD's at all. I was reading on here somone with an extended Warranty has there stripes coming off and they did not even cover that. Iam just going to drive easy an time to time get on it alittle ..Iam not going to beat the living piss out of it and blow my engine anyway.. These are soild Engines that can be built to take a lot of horsepower and you shouldn't have any problems with just Intake,Headers and Tune which Iam going to get.
tony1 is offline   Reply With Quote