Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 02-23-2014, 11:35 PM   #71
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Drives: '14 Z/28s SIM/SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
Perhaps.....but tell that to an AMG Black series owner, that your "Camaro" Z28 is more "special" than his, and be rest assured, that owner may too...
Might as well come clean. I sold my C63 AMG Black Series Coupe (with all the good stuff -- Aero + Track packages) and have a 2014 Z/28 on order. Though the Camaro won't be as nicely executed in certain areas, it should whip the C63 Black Series where it counts -- on the track.
Old 02-23-2014, 11:36 PM   #72
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
...personal opinions aside, its about choice. They are in business to give a certain consumer what they want. Whether or not anyone else likes it, or thinks it is appropriate. And they do make a good product. And they warranty it. Don't hate, celebrate.
Old 02-23-2014, 11:37 PM   #73
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by brt3 View Post
Might as well come clean. I sold my C63 AMG Black Series Coupe (with all the good stuff -- Aero + Track packages) and have a 2014 Z/28 on order. Though the Camaro won't be as nicely executed in certain areas, it should whip the C63 Black Series where it counts -- on the track.
You need a Barabus Coupé!!!!!!!

Only kidding man, believe it or not, I'm with you brother!!!

But what are your thoughts on the Callaway Camaro? Never mind, I just re-read your previous posts, you hate it! lol
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 11:43 PM   #74
Camaro Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awill View Post
I would have to say, if I were able to get a z/28 or zL1, I would want to keep it stock most likely. Especially if I'm paying 75k for a Camaro. The work GM put into these are amazing and one heck of an accomplishment. I don't think I would want to mess with that. if I wanted something faster I would just get something faster.
Like?

What would you buy that would be "faster"?
Just curious
Old 02-23-2014, 11:45 PM   #75
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
...side note....Z/28....hope you folks not tracking it soley have flat street roads and driveways 'cause you are ground clearance and parking barrier fodder. Not to mention turning radius with the big meats up front..just sayin'...it aint no Sunday go to Church Meeting pleasure ride....
Old 02-24-2014, 12:47 AM   #76
Camaro Dude

Quote:
It just occurred to me, that your ex C63 Black Series was slower in a few tests against the ZL1, so I'm sure that for the Z28, it will be a cake walk.

Would love to see some of those 800HP Brabus models vs the Callaway Z28 on a track though!
Old 02-24-2014, 08:09 AM   #77
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
hmmm...yea that sounds awesome. but i wouldnt do it. id like to keep that motor N/A if i can.
Old 02-24-2014, 10:04 AM   #78
Callaway Chris

Drives: Callaway Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmall143 View Post
Your post assumes callaway is targeting novice drivers. They are making ten of them. For all you know callaway would prefer only top tier competitive drivers to purchase these.

Also, everyone is saying a cam will do the same as as sc without the weight. Doesn't the z/28 have a fairly aggressive cam already? And don't forget, you can do a cam and sc, it's. It one or the other?

It seems like everyone is forgetting shops are in business to make money. If you have an issue, don't blame the shop, blame the consumer. If callaway makes these and sells them, how could you possibly say they shouldn't have made them.

And don't forget, you still have a warranty!

I don't get the complaints. Stock z/28 vs this callaway z/28 with the same driver....which car wins around the track and down the strip!
Callaway Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 12:08 PM   #79
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
...side note....Z/28....hope you folks not tracking it soley have flat street roads and driveways 'cause you are ground clearance and parking barrier fodder. Not to mention turning radius with the big meats up front..just sayin'...it aint no Sunday go to Church Meeting pleasure ride....
After driving and tracking a car with a very expensive CF splitter on the front, I am not too worried about the Z/28. Big props to GM for doing it right. IMHO, you should NEVER have CF parts in high-wear areas susceptible to both stone chips and impact. You simply can't respray the clear coat, and the repair/replacement costs become stratospheric. If you've gotta have these parts -- and on the Z/28 the Aero is a must -- they need to be easy to repair and replace.

One question: anyone know how the splitter is attached? Are we talking adhesive or tape, or will this be a bolt-on item?
Old 02-24-2014, 12:28 PM   #80
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Quote:
After driving and tracking a car with a very expensive CF splitter on the front, I am not too worried about the Z/28. Big props to GM for doing it right. IMHO, you should NEVER have CF parts in high-wear areas susceptible to both stone chips and impact. You simply can't respray the clear coat, and the repair/replacement costs become stratospheric. If you've gotta have these parts -- and on the Z/28 the Aero is a must -- they need to be easy to repair and replace.

One question: anyone know how the splitter is attached? Are we talking adhesive or tape, or will this be a bolt-on item?
Clear bra may help.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:28 PM   #81
ThaCamaroKid

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by K1SSRSS View Post
Well maybe GM should make us a street legal drag car and hopefully we can keep people from tying to make them handle better.

But in all seriousness what do you all have against having fun at both tracks? There are a hell of a lot more dragstrips out there than road courses. 90% of these cars aren't going to be driven anyway so why not let the few that have the chance to get out have fun on any track?

I really doubt anybody here complaining about the extra weight throwing the car off balance can drive good enough to notice the difference anyway so what's the problem if somebody wants this particular setup?
I agree they SHOULD have made a street drag car, or a solid rear axle option for people who just want to go Mustang hunting.

HOWEVER, people taking a car that is made to be a pure track king and turning it into a power house is just stupid. Hennessey will do it, Lingenfelter, Callaway, the whole lot.

And I don't blame them because why would they not? If people are going to pay for a ruined car why would they not make them and sell them?

My POINT, is the car is meant to be a track car, if you want a drag Camaro, then DON'T buy one of these...

I just hope nobody takes the LS7 out and puts a big iron block in... I might puke

But its bound to happen.

375RWHP/399RWTQ
ThaCamaroKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 12:30 PM   #82
ThaCamaroKid

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:

More than likely bolts, I highly doubt GM will use adhesive or tape for that or the sideskirts.....

375RWHP/399RWTQ
ThaCamaroKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 12:44 PM   #83
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven59 View Post
Clear bra may help.
Agreed. I had ClearBra over all the CF on that car, but my issue is this. If a part or finish doesn't meet standards for durability, longevity, and repairability, why use it in these high-wear areas? I realize the answer is "because car manufacturers can charge a ton of money for CF upgrades". However, the first MBs and AMGs that had matte paint also came with a prominent disclaimer sticker on the hood, explaining the issues with the paint. CF is far worse, IMHO, so though I understand the visual appeal, I don't get the manufacturers who fail to spell out its limitations...
Old 02-24-2014, 12:45 PM   #84
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaCamaroKid View Post
More than likely bolts, I highly doubt GM will use adhesive or tape for that or the sideskirts.....
I hope you're right. The new double-stick adhesive tapes are plenty strong enough, but are a total bee-atch to remove without messing up any paint underneath. Hoping for good, old-fashioned hardware installation. With Titanium fasteners, to save weight...