Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-11-2008, 08:37 PM   #29
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordfriday2 View Post
I was on the fence for awhile, contempleting forever like a few of you guys ... i too drove a 350z manual, I liked it a lot, I use to run it at the track in bremerton washington every weekend... I miss that so much! that's what made me decide..

as far as the wife not knowing how to drive one... go to hertz and rent a manual transmission car and take the insurance!
Yeah, the auto just somehow doesn't seem right. When I bought the 350 I thought I wanted to be lazy and not shift. Even with a manual though, the 350Z isn't a V8, it doesn't have that sound, and I think that's the biggest part of why it's not right or me.

My comment about the wife not being able to drive a stick was a positive one. No way would I trust her driving the Camaro! The stick relieves me of coming up with an excuse why she can't drive it. Ha! The rental is a great idea though.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:01 PM   #30
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrunner View Post
My comment about the wife not being able to drive a stick was a positive one. No way would I trust her driving the Camaro! The stick relieves me of coming up with an excuse why she can't drive it. Ha!
that also works for friends that want to 'borrow' it. i've even heard of reports showing thieves not stealing cars because they can't drive stick. (if i was gonna steal a car that nice, i'd learn!)
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote