Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 06-19-2014, 09:26 PM   #1
littlereed89

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/Rs & 77 Trans Am
Just bought a procharger. need help please!

So as it states I bought a d1 procharger kit from a buddy. Has the head unit, lines, intercooler, fuel pump and oil pres. Regulator. He had it in his ls1 car but is selling so he pulled it. He needed money now so I got everything for 1000 bucks, everyone I know said dont pass it up. I just have never done anything with forced Induction in my life so I really dont know much at all. I'm no stranger to engine work, I've built and restored a few f bodies just never FI. Just wanted some info anyone can give. I need a bracket because he didn't have it so i dont know where to get one. Also, is there anything else I'll need to get this thing going? Injectors or something? Will the fuel pump and regulator work in my car? Will the intercooler work aswell? Anything I should know or buy to get going on this project?

Also. It's a 2010 2ss ls3 standard. Lt headers hf cats full slp exhaust. Cai, full suspension, and a tune. Not sure if that helps. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks everyone.
littlereed89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 10:18 PM   #2
littlereed89

Anyone know anything...? I'm at a complete loss. Any info at all would be a huge help. Thank you..
Old 06-21-2014, 01:36 AM   #3
MaxKamai
Mad Ninja Skills

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS M6
You can buy all the individual pieces from procharger. You will need injectors and an upgraded fuel pump if you want to make good power. I don't recommend boost a pumps as I have seen early pump failures caused by them. Intercooler may work, but you will likely need to build custom tubing, as I doubt it is oriented the same as the kit for our cars. My concern is rotation of the supercharger. In our cars the intake side of the supercharger faces the firewall. Not sure which way it faces on your buddy's car (LS1 Corvette intake faces the front bumper and as such rotates the opposite direction) so look into that before you dump too much money into this endeavor. Let me know if you have other questions or need help.
Custom stainless 2" primary headers / Custom stainless 3" header back exhaust / Hurst short shifter / ZEX nitrous kit / Vararam intake / Spohn chrome moly trailing arms / Sin City Performance Tune / SCP custom ground cam / SCP ported & polished heads

New Car 2007 Corvette Z06 - Headers / Vararam / Magnaflow Catback / SCP Tune / Nitrous / BTR Stg IV Cam and Springs
MaxKamai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 06:31 AM   #4
littlereed89

Awesome thank you! On his f body ls1 it mounted drivers side air filter pointing towards firewall. Looked exactly like every 5th gen procharger set up I've ever seen. I called procharger for a bracket but they told me there is no ls bracket for a d1. Only d1sc, p1sc and f1. I asked my buddy and he said he had to tap the oil lines (because it's not a self contained unit) into the oil pain and wherever the other one was, and the bracket he got when he bought the kit on ebay. Unfortunatly the bracket he used with his ls1 is gone as he sold it. But clearly they exist for ls motors, I'm just not sure where I can find one because procharger just said nope and rushed me off the phone... I've been reading nonstop about it and about cross mounting brackets. Do you or does anyone know what other brackets fit a d1? I read some things that hinted that f1 brackets fit an ls motor, and can have d1 procharger mounted to them. Btw I really appriciate the reply. After 100 plus views and no responce I was losing hope. So thank you so much
Old 06-21-2014, 06:35 AM   #5
littlereed89

And I understand what you mean by the rotation. Not 100 % which way it goes I'll look at it though to make sure. Since it was on an ls1 I'd imagine it's the same but we'll see I guess. Mainly this bracket issue is what's killing me. If I can mount it I can run custom piping or have it made to fit. Hell even if I can't find existing brackets I'd have one made if it were possible. Not sure who could do it or what it would cost though.
Old 06-21-2014, 03:07 PM   #6
MaxKamai
Mad Ninja Skills

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS M6
I was unaware that there was a difference in mounting between the D1 and the D1SC. I thought it just an earlier version without the self contained oiling. I'll see if I can find anything on that. You wouldn't have been able to use the f body bracket without quite a bit of modification anyways. F body Camaro has a different pulley spacing from the block than a Zeta platform Camaro unless you change out all your accessory drive to F body as well. If it mounted the same on the F body then rotation will be the same.
Custom stainless 2" primary headers / Custom stainless 3" header back exhaust / Hurst short shifter / ZEX nitrous kit / Vararam intake / Spohn chrome moly trailing arms / Sin City Performance Tune / SCP custom ground cam / SCP ported & polished heads

New Car 2007 Corvette Z06 - Headers / Vararam / Magnaflow Catback / SCP Tune / Nitrous / BTR Stg IV Cam and Springs
MaxKamai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 03:54 PM   #7
Trob85
Svt lol

Drives: 2011 ss inferno orange blown
It's all in the housings more than likely you don't have mounting points which is why it doesn't have a mounting bracket. You more than likely have more money in building than it would be to buy a kit. Most of the piping won't work on my procharger kit 75% of the pipes are for the camaro only. Also oil feed line and return will take custom pieces or have to weld bungs and fittings to the oil pan and a custom welded an fitting on the oil galley plug on the side of the engine right by the headers. The main reason it most likely won't work is the clocking of the charger itself, if the outlet of the charger is facing a direction you can't get a tube into you'll need to send it off a have them place it in the correct location. Of coarse that also depends on if you can get a mounting bracket of not.
Old 06-21-2014, 04:24 PM   #8
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
Best off selling it and buying something made for a 5th gen.
Old 06-21-2014, 11:15 PM   #9
littlereed89

yeah that's probably true. ill end up spending more getting this thing to fit then I would if I just bought a kit specifically a 5th. oh well. my fail safe was to put it in my 77 trans am if this doesn't work. and I have all the room in that car and no care in the world with it so I suppose I can find a place to make me a bracket and build the rest of the kit to work. thanks so much for the info everyone. I really appreciate it!!