Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Old 07-08-2014, 07:31 PM   #1
BigBoyBlue
Go NY Giants & NY Rangers

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Beating A Dead Horse - RotoFab + VMAX Ported TB 87mm

I apologize in advance, as I know this has be discussed ad nauseam. I just don't have a definitive answer.

1. What is the expected RWHP gain from the RotoFab alone?

2. What is the expected RWHP gain from the RotoFab + the VMAX 87mm ported TBs?

3. Has anyone experienced rough idling with just the RotoFab? Roto + VMAX? Is the rough idling something that disappears as the ECU gets used to the new "airflow"?

4. I kept my original TB so that I could change it back in case of a problem. Will the ECU show any sign of the VMAX?

5. For those that have added one or both of these mods, what does the added HP equate to at the track (1/4 time)?

Thank you all in advance. If you are annoyed that I'm asking this once again, I'm sorry but don't post some asinine complaint. Thanks.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:47 PM   #2
cdjnight

Drives: 2013 ZL1 A6
I don't have Roto fab I have K&N kit and Vmax and I have had Zero issues for idle. I never did fuse pull or battery disconnect. I installed K&N kit drove for a few weeks until Vmax showed up and I installed it, started it, let it warm up a bit and drove it. Never had one single issue. Also did Apex catch can at the same time. Im not sure on the power as I've never had it on dyno. My butt dyno felt an increase and throttle response seems faster. Other than that I'd guess most issues I have read about are because of improper installation. IE...MAF installed backwards, vacuum leaks, improper tightening of throttle body etc....these are all things that will cause a nasty idle issue after doing such mods.

I took my time and was careful with every nut, bolt and clamp. And like I said, I had absolutely zero issues.
Old 07-08-2014, 11:08 PM   #3
derrickmanx1

Drives: 2014 ZL1 CAMARO AUTOMATIC
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdjnight View Post
I don't have Roto fab I have K&N kit and Vmax and I have had Zero issues for idle. I never did fuse pull or battery disconnect. I installed K&N kit drove for a few weeks until Vmax showed up and I installed it, started it, let it warm up a bit and drove it. Never had one single issue. Also did Apex catch can at the same time. Im not sure on the power as I've never had it on dyno. My butt dyno felt an increase and throttle response seems faster. Other than that I'd guess most issues I have read about are because of improper installation. IE...MAF installed backwards, vacuum leaks, improper tightening of throttle body etc....these are all things that will cause a nasty idle issue after doing such mods.

I took my time and was careful with every nut, bolt and clamp. And like I said, I had absolutely zero issues.
X2 Except I have the CAI kit and V-max.
NAME: TRAVIS 2014 ZL1 AUTO #1748.
CAI AND VMAX PORTED TB. ID-850's
416 BTR STG II CAM AFCO HE
PORTED HEADS AND SUPERCHARGER 8.66/2.55
TSP 2" LONG TUBES AND TUNE.
derrickmanx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 04:18 PM   #4
1953 C6

Drives: 2016 SS Vert, 1969 Z/28
#2 - +33
#3 - No

One thing guys don't seem to mention is the improved throttle response.
1953 C6 is offline   Reply With Quote