Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 04-13-2008, 07:14 PM   #1
camaro5

Drives: X-15 Velocipede
Talking OnStar, police catch alleged G8 thief

A man who was paroled from San Quentin Prison on Tuesday was arrested Wednesday after he reportedly stole a car from a dealership and led Walnut Creek police on a short pursuit.

Robert Steinmiller, 40, was caught after a Concord police officer called OnStar, the mobile assistance service, which located the car in Walnut Creek.:updown:

The theft took place at Lehmer's Concord Buick Pontiac GMC dealership, 1905 Market St., shortly after noon, Concord Sgt. Maurice Jennings said.

"A person comes into the dealership and wants to look at a 2008 Pontiac G8," Jennings said. "He says he wants to listen to the radio."

A salesman got the keys to the car and handed them to the suspect, later identified as Steinmiller.

The suspect then started the car and drove away.

OnStar located the vehicle in Walnut Creek and notified police, Walnut Creek Lt. Lanny Edwards said.

A police sergeant attempted to stop the car along South Broadway, but the driver sped away, Edwards said. Police pursued the car to a townhouse complex near the intersection of Sierra Lane and Walnut Boulevard.

The suspect jumped out of the car and attempted to flee.

"Then he gave up and was taken into custody without incident," Edwards said.

It was not clear how long Steinmiller had been incarcerated in the state prison or on what charges.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/ci_8896323?source=rss
camaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 08:10 PM   #2
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
That's kinda interesting to see how stupid people become after being in San Quentin for a few (maybe more) years. San Quentin is in my backyard. (about 40 minutes away from ym current residence and only 15 minutes from the place I grew up in.)
Old 04-13-2008, 09:06 PM   #3
camaro5

Drives: X-15 Velocipede
Thats interesting...Keep your doors locked, and don't loan your Camaro keys to anyone!

This story made me realize it's like getting free Lo-Jack with OnStar

camaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 10:01 PM   #4
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Well, at least we know that we will be able to find our Camaros if they ever happen to be stolen.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote