Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 03-02-2010, 11:32 AM   #57
MR. FBDY
FBDY or no Body

Drives: 2010 CGM ZL1 clone/13 Silverado HD
I did my car with the old skool 68/69 emblems.

and I put them on my heritage grille too.

MR. FBDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:15 PM   #58
oldchevyguy

Drives: 2015 SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroMSUfan View Post
where can u find the flag emblems?
Ordered mine from YearOne.com, 67 Camaro.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:36 PM   #59
coolman

Does anyone have pics of the SS badges placed on the door behind the camaro instead of below. I think that would look better.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:52 PM   #60
REVOLUTIONSS

Drives: triple black Super sport
Thumbs up

Heres some more , we got them in satin, chrome 6061 with any color insert.
they are about the same size as the impala ones , just with the new ss font.
First 4 members to buy a hood or chin spoiler or deck spoiler tomorrow 3/4/10 , gets a free set of them, satin, chrome or however they want.

www.***********.com - www.wretchedms.com - www.victoryracingengines.com - www.performance-supply.com
Attached Images

Old 04-13-2012, 07:48 PM   #61
SSBlack
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS JFB
Quote:
Originally Posted by OminouSS View Post
Awesome. Can you tell me what the part # was for those exact bad boys? 92228475 is only red. I want YOURS!!! Thanks!
Red works for me. Thanks for the part number.

I like them lower down under the CAMARO lettering than most people.
Attached Images

SSBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:53 PM   #62
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180775
Attached Images

Mods: Heritage Grill, Blade Spoiler, Corrado Hoodliner Mural, Premium Engine Boxes, Radiator Shroud, Custom Painted Bowties, Dipstick & Engine Caps, RX Catch Can, Corsa cat back exhaust, CAI black powder coat cold air, Apex cold air intake scoop and Apex washer tank relocate kit, Dynatech SuperMAXX Ceramic Coated LT Headers, High Flow Cats, JRE470 Rough Idle Cam Package, DSS 1,000 RWHP Axels, Slowhawk Mustang Dyno Tune, QTP QTEC 66 Low Profile Cutouts and iTSX. 453 RWHP 427 RWTQ

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
TRANSITION FROM STOCK TO CAM VID
Maxspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:06 PM   #63
SSBlack
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxspeed View Post
If you're trying to day mine are backwards, you're wrong.

I read that thread before and compared these to the emblems on the grill and trunk.

The SS has a slant and chrome on the left when upright.

Believe me, flipped over, it's obvious THAT is upside down.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:10 PM   #64
RocTrux

Drives: Summit White 2011 2SS/RS
Heres mine went with the Trailblazer SS from AAC put red inlays in and over laid the camaro in red to match. In my sig there both chrome changing them both to red really made them stand out.
Attached Images

Old 04-13-2012, 08:16 PM   #65
SSBlack
Account Suspended

And after looking closely, the SS on the red Camaro is the same as on the trunk and grill of my car.

So, I guess mine were put on at the factory upside down? That OP probably pulled his back off going on that (bad) input, imo.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:18 PM   #66
SSBlack
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocTrux View Post
Heres mine went with the Trailblazer SS from AAC put red inlays in and over laid the camaro in red to match. In my sig there both chrome changing them both to red really made them stand out.
I like those, too. I asked if I could check those out and the dealer I went to was out of stock.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:29 PM   #67
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBlack View Post
If you're trying to day mine are backwards, you're wrong.

I read that thread before and compared these to the emblems on the grill and trunk.

The SS has a slant and chrome on the left when upright.

Believe me, flipped over, it's obvious THAT is upside down.

Not trying to say anything, was just showing how I did mine. Since the OP was asking for pictures. I didn't even read your post until you replied to mine.

In the link I posted someone told me that I put mine on upside down. They are the same emblems as on the trunk and grill.
Mods: Heritage Grill, Blade Spoiler, Corrado Hoodliner Mural, Premium Engine Boxes, Radiator Shroud, Custom Painted Bowties, Dipstick & Engine Caps, RX Catch Can, Corsa cat back exhaust, CAI black powder coat cold air, Apex cold air intake scoop and Apex washer tank relocate kit, Dynatech SuperMAXX Ceramic Coated LT Headers, High Flow Cats, JRE470 Rough Idle Cam Package, DSS 1,000 RWHP Axels, Slowhawk Mustang Dyno Tune, QTP QTEC 66 Low Profile Cutouts and iTSX. 453 RWHP 427 RWTQ

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
Old 04-13-2012, 08:33 PM   #68
SSBlack
Account Suspended

Quote:
Not trying to say anything, was just showing how I did mine. Since the OP was asking for pictures. I didn't even read your post until you replied to mine.
No prob. You had me cussing, going out to the garage saying, "how the freak did I put those on wrong after reading that thread and making sure I had them right".
Old 04-13-2012, 08:39 PM   #69
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Im my link my first pic was upside down. I fixed it later in the link. I really posted the link because I explain how I centered the SS under Camaro. I copied the info below. Sorry for the confusion. I forgot that in that link it started off upside down.

Try a paint stirrer. Its about 1", hold it firm against the bottom of "Camaro" and place the top of the emblem agains the other edge of the stirrer. makes a nice straight line.

"Camaro" is about an inch high and the emblem is also an inch high. I think it looks pretty good with a 1"gap. Symmetrical.

I marked each end of "camaro" on the stick and measured the word "Camaro". I then marked the center of the 2 marks. I then measured "SS", divided that number in half and marked that distance on either side of center. I them realigned the stirred so that the edge markings were in line with each side of "Camaro". I then aligned each end of "SS" with each each line that was on either side of dead center. That put the center of "SS" at the center of "Camaro"

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
Old 04-13-2012, 08:48 PM   #70
SSBlack
Account Suspended

Quote:
Im my link my first pic was upside down. I fixed it later in the link. I really posted the link because I explain how I centered the SS under Camaro. I copied the info below. Sorry for the confusion. I forgot that in that link it started off upside down.

Try a paint stirrer. Its about 1", hold it firm against the bottom of "Camaro" and place the top of the emblem agains the other edge of the stirrer. makes a nice straight line.

"Camaro" is about an inch high and the emblem is also an inch high. I think it looks pretty good with a 1"gap. Symmetrical.

I marked each end of "camaro" on the stick and measured the word "Camaro". I then marked the center of the 2 marks. I then measured "SS", divided that number in half and marked that distance on either side of center. I them realigned the stirred so that the edge markings were in line with each side of "Camaro". I then aligned each end of "SS" with each each line that was on either side of dead center. That put the center of "SS" at the center of "Camaro"
Agree, 1st pic in that thread has the emblem wrong.

The spacing distance between CAMARO and the SS emblem is up to personal taste.

Not saying I don't like yours. I tried mine at many different heights before deciding on the height I chose.

Doesn't mean I'm right and some won't like mine where they are, but I'm cool with that.