Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 04-11-2014, 02:21 AM   #2955
dale88jrdew
Brad

Drives: 2016 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Figjam-5 View Post
Welcome to the Green side ...And your car looks sweet . I understand the stock kinda guy thing also . That's what we said when we got our car . Now three years later and mod money later it just kinda takes you by surprise . enjoy the beast ....we all do ...
The one mod I'd really like to do is the halos ... think they are so cool. But I've seen how it has to be done - not a matter of just switching out the headlights. I'm not adventurous enough to be taking off the whole front of my car and all!
dale88jrdew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 06:40 AM   #2956
mrpyle

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS - Synergy Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by dale88jrdew View Post
The one mod I'd really like to do is the halos ... think they are so cool. But I've seen how it has to be done - not a matter of just switching out the headlights. I'm not adventurous enough to be taking off the whole front of my car and all!
I wasn't thrilled about taking mine off either ... but once I got into it, it took maybe 20 min to get it off the first time. And it has guide pins for putting it back on, you really cant mess it up. When putting it back on, it's a good idea to have two people though, so both sides can be guided in at the same time.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:11 PM   #2957
BIO-HAZARD
INFECTED

Drives: 2011 1LT Synergy Green
Got the new Personal plates yesterday . Sorry no pics. But the plate looks great ... BIO-HAZD ...
BIO-HAZARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 01:55 AM   #2958
With envy
It's a Synergy thing..

Drives: 2010 Synergy
Quote:
Welcome to the Green side ...And your car looks sweet . I understand the stock kinda guy thing also . That's what we said when we got our car . Now three years later and mod money later it just kinda takes you by surprise . enjoy the beast ....we all do ...
What he said; exactly! That was us (more me) once too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadew2lt View Post
Welcome to the family of GREEN!!!
Everyone here is great, as you already know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpyle View Post
I can't recall if I have posted in this thread or not???? But just found it doing a search on the forum for something else.

Anyway ... 2011 2lt/rs sgm here. Thought I would post my most recent mod. I located some green leds that are from the same manufacturer that made the white ones already in the headlamp. Spent a couple hours changing them out a couple weekends ago. Didn't really want the rainbow of colors, so this uses the factory setup, just soldered in a green led.

Welcome mrpyle! Don't be a stranger, this is a real friendly, fun corner of C5. That's the mod I would have chosen to do, IF, my car had come with RS headlights. Which is a great segue to my next response...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dale88jrdew View Post
Welcome also to you (Brad is it?) too! Bad news is that 2010s were all 1LTs. That means no RS headlamps with the halos. That was the one thing that I was disappointed with in the 2010 Synergy Edition (*gasp* blasphemy, I know!). But despair not; there is a way to get halos in your car that doesn't involve kitchen appliances. I replaced my non-RS halogen headlamps with aftermarket "Eagle Eyes". They are HIDs headlights that come with CCFL halos that are white. The one drawback is that there is no way to make the halos change colors, because they are more like florescent lights, and not LED driven like the stock halos. Good thing is that they are pretty much plug and play. You do have to add in ballasts (included in the kit) and I would recommend the anti-flicker wiring harness (extra). But no baking involved! They run around $300 a pair last time I looked, which is a lot cheaper than the $600-800+ each of the stock RS. Here's what mine look like:

Name:  CIS 04.jpg
Views: 743
Size:  133.3 KB

Quote:
Got the new Personal plates yesterday . Sorry no pics. But the plate looks great ... BIO-HAZD ...
Can't wait to see pics! So, since you invested in plates, I assume that means you'll be hanging around PA for awhile?

With envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 02:29 AM   #2959
wadew2lt
U.S. Army Veteran

Drives: 2LT/RS SGM M6 Polished 20's
Can't wait to see pics! So, since you invested in plates, I assume that means you'll be hanging around PA for awhile?[/QUOTE]

Old 04-12-2014, 09:03 AM   #2960
BIO-HAZARD
INFECTED

Can't wait to see pics! So, since you invested in plates, I assume that means you'll be hanging around PA for awhile?[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadew2lt View Post
Can't wait to see pics! So, since you invested in plates, I assume that means you'll be hanging around PA for awhile?

[/QUOTE]

LOL....You guys caught me ..

As of right now ? We already had personal plates FIGJAM-5 ,These were the wife's . They were okay but not to my liking . So a cheap mod for $20.00 to get new ones was a no brainer. Plus goes with the car which is mine now . I ended up retiring . So now its the wife's turn to go to work. So looking at all options if she lands a good job we might stay here , Not my idea of course . I want sunshine & Sand , no more snow & cold . We also want to let my daughter finish the school year out till June . We're going to decide in July what our best options are . Then go from there. So for now it looks like PA for a little longer . So now Car shows are on the Brain for May & June . Hope to see you Wade this June again . And Maggie & Gary sometime in the future out west ...
Old 04-13-2014, 06:01 PM   #2961
BIO-HAZARD
INFECTED

I finally got my Bio Hazard symbols dipped black today , And put them on the front fenders 1.5 inches below the Camaro lettering . I think they turned out pretty good and I like them a lot . Also put new Zombie Response team badges in the trunk on the lid inside they look nice too . Now I just need to paint the other Bio Hazard symbols Synergy Green and they'll go on the speaker grills on the doors ... Nice day here sunny and got up to 82 degrees . Also started up the car and let it run for a bit . God I miss driving it ,And it still has that new car smell when you open the doors ..
Old 04-14-2014, 12:50 PM   #2962
BIO-HAZARD
INFECTED

Just got back from the getting the car inspected . Jammed out to some tunes . Took it up on the interstate and ran her up on the speed to get the fluids going through the veins. And warm up the tires . Enjoyed it so much didn't want to go home ..LOL , Got home cleaned it up and cleaned up the garage and put it away . Took the trickle charger off . Now already for the 1st car show... .. Weather here today is really windy but nice . looks like rain coming ..
Old 04-14-2014, 02:51 PM   #2963
Dragonlady
Lovin' it!

Drives: 2010 Synergy or a '83 Z-28.
Quote:

[/QUOTE]

As of right now ? We already had personal plates FIGJAM-5 ,These were the wife's . They were okay but not to my liking . So a cheap mod for $20.00 to get new ones was a no brainer. Plus goes with the car which is mine now . I ended up retiring . So now its the wife's turn to go to work. So looking at all options if she lands a good job we might stay here , Not my idea of course . I want sunshine & Sand , no more snow & cold . We also want to let my daughter finish the school year out till June . We're going to decide in July what our best options are . Then go from there. So for now it looks like PA for a little longer . So now Car shows are on the Brain for May & June . Hope to see you Wade this June again . And Maggie & Gary sometime in the future out west ...[/QUOTE]

Yes! So glad to hear that your sticking it out for awhile yet Jeff!
We would love to see ya in the Evergreen State!
I heard a rumour about maybe a SGM gathering in PA this year? Let me know if there is any truth to that. You never know who might pop in
A friend of ours won the lottery for the option to buy a COPO, I think he's going to be #19. If schedualing works out, Gary will get to be the wing man during the build. ( I know, I'm awesome! LOL)
Old 04-14-2014, 04:43 PM   #2964
BIO-HAZARD
INFECTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post

As of right now ? We already had personal plates FIGJAM-5 ,These were the wife's . They were okay but not to my liking . So a cheap mod for $20.00 to get new ones was a no brainer. Plus goes with the car which is mine now . I ended up retiring . So now its the wife's turn to go to work. So looking at all options if she lands a good job we might stay here , Not my idea of course . I want sunshine & Sand , no more snow & cold . We also want to let my daughter finish the school year out till June . We're going to decide in July what our best options are . Then go from there. So for now it looks like PA for a little longer . So now Car shows are on the Brain for May & June . Hope to see you Wade this June again . And Maggie & Gary sometime in the future out west ...[/QUOTE]

Yes! So glad to hear that your sticking it out for awhile yet Jeff!
We would love to see ya in the Evergreen State!
I heard a rumour about maybe a SGM gathering in PA this year? Let me know if there is any truth to that. You never know who might pop in
A friend of ours won the lottery for the option to buy a COPO, I think he's going to be #19. If schedualing works out, Gary will get to be the wing man during the build. ( I know, I'm awesome! LOL)
[/QUOTE]

Just going with the flow Maggie , See how it turns out for PA.
If there is a SGM gathering in PA I'm in that would be kinda cool ,there's a few around here . And out west Camaro families are always welcomed ..

Sounds like a lucky man . Sick COPO build to paly with .My oh my just like a kid in the candy store better keep an eye on Gary ...LOL

Take care , the mid west storm is moving in now high winds and rain and they even say Snow ,,yeah the four letter word Say it isn't so ... But by Friday back to sun and 70 degrees ...

driving the car today was so insane I didn't want to go home ... I really missed it . But I put it away like a good boy .

Just cant wait till May 3rd for the 1st Car Show ...

TTYS ..
Old 04-15-2014, 03:59 PM   #2965
Goo

Drives: Cayman S
Found this one today:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/4416737540.html
Goo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 04:35 PM   #2966
With envy
It's a Synergy thing..

Drives: 2010 Synergy
I wonder what the turning radius is on that thing. I'll bet a Kenworth could turn inside it.

With envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 06:32 PM   #2967
Zapote21
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 2SS
Latest mod... calipers.. check.

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1397691133130.jpg
Views: 566
Size:  137.1 KB

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
2016 C7 DSOM
2012 2SS yellow vert
2017 2LT Krypton Green
2018 2LT Hot wheels crush
2020 2SS Shock vert.
2017 2SS Krypton Green coupe
Zapote21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 09:07 PM   #2968
dr damon

Drives: 2011 MANTIS Camaro SS
New challenger looks great in green and I even like the tail lights

[/URL]

Last edited by dr damon; 04-16-2014 at 09:53 PM.
dr damon is offline   Reply With Quote