Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 02-27-2009, 09:30 AM   #1
Embalmer
2G1FT1EWXA9103351

Drives: 2SS RS, SIM, 6pd, 20"Alum
Consensus Numbers - Public Knowledge? How to fight shady dealers??

So I've personally been lied to by my dealer TWICE about how many of their allocated cars got pulled for March production. I also notice that there are MANY MANY other customers who are being lied to by their dealers.

Seriously, isn't there a way to KNOW or to FIND OUT how many cars EVERY dealership got pulled for production? Aren't these consensus numbers public knowledge??

Why all the secrecy?

Seriously, ordering a car from GM is more shady than buying drugs in Detroit.

Every dealer is so secretive and so F'ing GREEDY that they will bump people who aren't making them the quick money now, for people who ordered WELL before them. This just isn't right and the customers are helpless. We are left relying on what our dealers tell us and we all know MOST of them are lying.

Ordering a car should be like ordering a computer from DELL. I order mine BEFORE you, I get mine first. I understand contraints, that's fine but if two orders do not have them - whoever placed first should get built first.

Now, I understand the dealership is going to get "their" cars first - the owner, his kid, his kids friend, whoever. But having them outright lie to us about how many they got shouldn't be possible. We should KNOW what they got and WHEN we can expect our cars. We should know how many cars they are putting before their customers so we can make decisions who where to buy from in the future.

This is the most unprofessional and unorthodox ordering system I've ever been a part of.

I can't wait to get my Customer Survey after I get my car. I'm going to F'ing SUBMARINE my dealership for their shady ways.
Embalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 09:32 AM   #2
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Well, that is the problem. Some dealers are shady and some are great. The knowledgeable (and sometimes the lucky) buyers find the good ones. However, many people just end up buying from the shady dealers. In a perfect world, the shady dealers would do no business and would close up shop. The best way to protect yourself is arm yourself with knowledge. Knowledge is power. Also, don't be afraid to report those shady dealers to the BBB and/or to GM.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 09:39 AM   #3
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
See this thread. Go in to the dealership and ask (or demand) that they login to global connect and show you the "Pass one" screen. That will show you exactly what place you are and what's in front of you.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 09:48 AM   #4
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
I think GM should be pulling dealerships by the number of compliants they have againts the dealer. That would make GM look better to have good dealers in business.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 09:53 AM   #5
Embalmer
2G1FT1EWXA9103351

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
See this thread. Go in to the dealership and ask (or demand) that they login to global connect and show you the "Pass one" screen. That will show you exactly what place you are and what's in front of you.
Thanks UFC, that's exactly what I wanted.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:54 AM   #6
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
The problem is YOUR DEALER that you gave money to. GM has many good, informed dealers that are taking care of their customers and do not have the problem you are having. Call Chevrolet Customer Assistance but GM isn't changing a dealer's franchise agreement and rights because your dealer is so "f***in greedy".

It's also not right to say ALL dealers when that is clearly not a fact.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:00 AM   #7
Embalmer
2G1FT1EWXA9103351

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPO_Z28 View Post
The problem is YOUR DEALER that you gave money to. GM has many good, informed dealers that are taking care of their customers and do not have the problem you are having. Call Chevrolet Customer Assistance but GM isn't changing a dealer's franchise agreement and rights because your dealer is so "f***in greedy".

It's also not right to say ALL dealers when that is clearly not a fact.
I didn't mean to offend RPO, and I'm very grateful for your other post showing the Pass One screen.

Please understand as a customer who plops down $35,000.00 of my hard earned money, these dealers ought to be able to tell me WHEN I'm getting my car instead of some run around crap.

So sorry to the "good" dealerships out there, unfortunately I've lost faith in just how many of those there actually are.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:07 AM   #8
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Embalmer View Post
...I can't wait to get my Customer Survey after I get my car. I'm going to F'ing SUBMARINE my dealership for their shady ways.
I wholeheartedly agree you should "submarine" the prick. That being said, I agree with RPO that grouping "every" or "most" in that category is unfair. I've dealt with two throughout this and neither were shady or secretive or liars in any way; with the exception of Paddock telling me they weren't accepting GMS/GSU and then saying they were when I went to cancel. That aside, both were honest, forthcoming in every way, and never left me feeling left out or questioning.

The best way to alleviate all this would be/have been for GM to simply allow us to view our status via a new web page. It isn't difficult to do, would cost them nothing but set-up time, and would put 99% of our "questioning" to rest.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:27 AM   #9
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
I read somehwere else here that you can call Chevy Customer Assistance with your order number and they can give you your order info.

The question remains, why would you reward a dealer you can't trust to give you information to even get your order right in the first place? I understand you don't want to lose your place in line but that's a choice you make.

Just remember that giving your dealer a hard time before you get your car in your hands is really counterproductive. You have to eat a little crow and then the only retaliation you have is the CSI survey and you want to keep it anonymous.

It's all about choices.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:31 AM   #10
UCF w00t
Geek

The Chevy Customer Assistance people aren't of much help. They can pretty much just tell you if your order is in. For anything more, they offer to call your dealer for you. I could imagine that would not sit well with the dealer (why didn't you just call them). I changed the color on my order and wanted to confirm that it went through. If I were to call the dealer, they would just say "yes blah blah blah" without confirming it. But the GM people couldn't even look up that information. Pretty lame if ya ask me.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:33 AM   #11
duder4thgen

Drives: Bird
This is America, vote with your wallet.
duder4thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 10:34 AM   #12
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPO_Z28 View Post
I read somehwere else here that you can call Chevy Customer Assistance with your order number and they can give you your order info...
Then you've also read about the nightmares when calling them. For the most part, from what I've read, they've been little help, try always to refer you to your dealer rather than try to answer your question, then say they will check with your dealer and don't get back to you. From what I've read only- I haven't called them; then again, I have a dealer who does his job.

I do agree with you that people who are being mistreated and/or lied to are making their own bed by staying where they are.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:36 AM   #13
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Quote:
Originally Posted by duder4thgen View Post
This is America, vote with your wallet.
Forgetting the dumbulus bill for a minute, you see the 3+ TRILLION dollar budget proposal? What are you supposed to do with your wallet? Throw it at them? It won't be good for much else.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:37 AM   #14
UCF w00t
Geek

So I have a question... my salesman just seems lazy. I've never gotten a single update from him without calling him (which can be a chore in itself) and asking him. And when I do get ahold of him, I get vague answers. But it sounds like other people who have ordered from the same dealer have had much more communication with their salesman. What would you do? Tattle to the GM on him? Ask to be switched to a different salesman?