Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-21-2008, 08:50 PM   #1
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Drives: Gunmetal
Real world fuel economy expectation for L99/LS3?

I know the L99 has AFM (or whatever the new name is?) and perhaps with the software programing for the transmission it will get even better gas mileage? I know GM V8's are quite different than Ford V8's in terms of real world fuel economy. There are 4thgens that I know do pretty well.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:50 PM   #2
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
As always, it depends on how you drive. But I remember hearing that if you reached 27 mpg on the highway in 4th gens you will be pleased with the mileage on the SS.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote