Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 11-10-2008, 03:32 PM   #113
blakeequalshyphy

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Black Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen View Post
its not boston accoustics. the dealer installed subs are mtx. that is what these are. boston accoustics are the speakers inside the cabin.
from what ive seen, the subs in THIS CAR are boston accoustics not MTX

go to the Camaro Black video on the first page and stop at 1:35. ypu will clearly see the subs

heres a better picture of the subs

http://mobile.bostonacoustics.com/ca...&family_id=130

heres the mtx supposedly offered
blakeequalshyphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 05:28 PM   #114
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakeequalshyphy View Post
from what ive seen, the subs in THIS CAR are boston accoustics not MTX

go to the Camaro Black video on the first page and stop at 1:35. ypu will clearly see the subs

heres a better picture of the subs

http://mobile.bostonacoustics.com/ca...&family_id=130

heres the mtx supposedly offered
i believe thats the trunk of the dale jr car.
http://www.gmperformanceparts.com/se...o_sitelet.html
this is the kit that is offered through the dealer that is in this camaro.
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 05:56 PM   #115
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Quote:
i believe thats the trunk of the dale jr car.
http://www.gmperformanceparts.com/se...o_sitelet.html
this is the kit that is offered through the dealer that is in this camaro.
Nice editing by LSXTV on the videos. They used Dale Jr's trunk shot in both videos. Either way, I still don't see GM's sub option looking like that. You lose the trunk/rear seat pass-through plus you can't exactly put stuff on top of the amps, thereby making the trunk nearly useless.
Attached Images

rolnslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 07:28 PM   #116
2010_5thgen

well i dont really see any other choice for it. look at the picture on my last post. thats the picture they showed us from indy. that is what the system looks like. the way the subs are , yeah its going to kill trunk space. its 2 10" subs. there isnt alot of room for it and the best place to put it is in the middle. if it were 2 separate 10" subs you could do 1 on each side of the trunk. but they come together and sit in the middle of the trunk up against the rear seat.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:30 PM   #117
2010_5thgen

and if you notice the subs are round not the oval subs in the other picture from dale jrs car.
Attached Images

Old 11-10-2008, 07:31 PM   #118
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
Quote:
well i dont really see any other choice for it. look at the picture on my last post. thats the picture they showed us from indy. that is what the system looks like. the way the subs are , yeah its going to kill trunk space. its 2 10" subs. there isnt alot of room for it and the best place to put it is in the middle. if it were 2 separate 10" subs you could do 1 on each side of the trunk. but they come together and sit in the middle of the trunk up against the rear seat.
john cox as i recall said that was not the actual piece. it was just a placeholder to show 2 mtx subs and by no means the final production piece.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:33 PM   #119
2010_5thgen

Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
john cox as i recall said that was not the actual piece. it was just a placeholder to show 2 mtx subs and by no means the final production piece.
ok if it isnt it then it is probably pretty damn close. you really dont have too many options for 2 10" woofers in a trunk without using up alot of space. you need the right amount of air space for the subs and that makes for a pretty decent size box with 2 of them. ill bet the only place for them is in the middle like they show on this black camaro.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:35 PM   #120
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
Quote:
ok if it isnt it then it is probably pretty damn close. you really dont have too many options for 2 10" woofers in a trunk without using up alot of space. you need the right amount of air space for the subs and that makes for a pretty decent size box with 2 of them. ill bet the only place for them is in the middle like they show on this black camaro.
well i am in no way an expert or do i know anything about car audio, i was just repeating what i heard...
Old 11-13-2008, 10:24 AM   #121
Robehren

Drives: BMW M3 E92: 420 HP of v8 fury
I guess the reason they didnt use it for knight rider was because they had already used it for my own worst enemy... what i have to say is:

give slater the mustang and put the camaro black on knight rider!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
im dead serious, if that car had a ******, id leave my gf.

proud founder of the BMW M3 owners group
Robehren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 06:16 PM   #122
2010_5thgen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robehren View Post
I guess the reason they didnt use it for knight rider was because they had already used it for my own worst enemy... what i have to say is:

yes and make it a ss thought.
and give me the silver one from the show.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:57 PM   #123
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robehren View Post

i don't think it matters. i don't really see knight rider lasting much longer than worst enemy
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 06:51 PM   #124
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Yeah, neither of those shows impressed me. The episode of Knight Rider I caught was downright horrible. I am fairly sure I could have written a better script lol.
Old 11-15-2008, 07:21 AM   #125
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
i don't think it matters. i don't really see knight rider lasting much longer than worst enemy
What's really sad is that I find the original Knight Rider to be less cheesey

So after watching the pilot episode of Knight Rider, the new tv show. My first impressions watching the first five minutes was how inappropriate for young children the show was. Threesomes?? Lesbian one-night-stands?? Wow, times have changed. After the show, many people came to these very message boards and stated, if Knight Rider gets re-done as a series, it will not be watched by all of the various posters (myself included.) Apparently, the studios thought we were bluffing. Knight Rider is going the way of Bionic Woman and My Own worst Enemy. Maybe now the studios will learn that we do not all want some form Gossip Girls or Dawson's Creek mixed with Melrose Place style sex. If I want to see threesomes, drunken sex attempts in bathroom stalls, stripping down to your underwear because the car is on fire literally and all KITT can do to put it out is try and drive fast and not find a body of water to jump into..very lame... or interracial lesbian one night stands with Sydney Poitier's daughter...

So after six episodes, they are deciding to re-work the show for the next half of the Knight Rider season as it has gotten really horrible ratings (last place in all segments)... I can't figure out what demographic they are trying to hit at with the show. Obviously they already pooped on all of the original Knight Rider fans who have all stopped watching the show altogether like me, however since the show has these raunchy sexual moments (lesbianism, sex with two woman at the same time, stripping down to underwear...etc)with lots of skin showing, it rules out letting kids under 16 from watching it unless you are parents that are very liberal (the shows producers obviously are these types). And the whole premise of the original Knight Rider was one man can make a difference...the original knight rider as, cheesy as it sometimes was, is brilliant in comparison and felt 100% more real. The original Knight Rider show was very edgy and cutting edge at the time. I even like the way the original car looked better as it was more sleek. The transforming looks fake and I have yet to see a turbo boost on the show occur. Furthermore the relationships in the show are so childish it is unbelievably bad writing creating the dialogue.. The show has no mystery, no feeling of danger, and most of the time, the crime fighting is occuring in the day time. (the original show was almost 70% filmed at night) Val Kilmer is doing as good a job as he can as the voice of KITT, however the guy they chose to be Michael Knight has to be the worst actor I have ever seen on any show and I don't believe they can swap him out mid season..

What the show needs to do is kill off every character on the show that has no reason for being there.. The two kids that spend their entire time spying on Michael and his girlfriend in the car need to go... FLAG needs to be reverted back to what it used to be.. And bring back the old Pontiac voiced by Daniels for a cameo one on one with the new KITT for at least one episode.. That would give new life to the show..
Old 11-15-2008, 10:05 AM   #126
urbancamarofan

Drives: 2005 Dodge Ram
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
What's really sad is that I find the original Knight Rider to be less cheesey

So after watching the pilot episode of Knight Rider, the new tv show. My first impressions watching the first five minutes was how inappropriate for young children the show was. Threesomes?? Lesbian one-night-stands?? Wow, times have changed. After the show, many people came to these very message boards and stated, if Knight Rider gets re-done as a series, it will not be watched by all of the various posters (myself included.) Apparently, the studios thought we were bluffing. Knight Rider is going the way of Bionic Woman and My Own worst Enemy. Maybe now the studios will learn that we do not all want some form Gossip Girls or Dawson's Creek mixed with Melrose Place style sex. If I want to see threesomes, drunken sex attempts in bathroom stalls, stripping down to your underwear because the car is on fire literally and all KITT can do to put it out is try and drive fast and not find a body of water to jump into..very lame... or interracial lesbian one night stands with Sydney Poitier's daughter...

So after six episodes, they are deciding to re-work the show for the next half of the Knight Rider season as it has gotten really horrible ratings (last place in all segments)... I can't figure out what demographic they are trying to hit at with the show. Obviously they already pooped on all of the original Knight Rider fans who have all stopped watching the show altogether like me, however since the show has these raunchy sexual moments (lesbianism, sex with two woman at the same time, stripping down to underwear...etc)with lots of skin showing, it rules out letting kids under 16 from watching it unless you are parents that are very liberal (the shows producers obviously are these types). And the whole premise of the original Knight Rider was one man can make a difference...the original knight rider as, cheesy as it sometimes was, is brilliant in comparison and felt 100% more real. The original Knight Rider show was very edgy and cutting edge at the time. I even like the way the original car looked better as it was more sleek. The transforming looks fake and I have yet to see a turbo boost on the show occur. Furthermore the relationships in the show are so childish it is unbelievably bad writing creating the dialogue.. The show has no mystery, no feeling of danger, and most of the time, the crime fighting is occuring in the day time. (the original show was almost 70% filmed at night) Val Kilmer is doing as good a job as he can as the voice of KITT, however the guy they chose to be Michael Knight has to be the worst actor I have ever seen on any show and I don't believe they can swap him out mid season..

What the show needs to do is kill off every character on the show that has no reason for being there.. The two kids that spend their entire time spying on Michael and his girlfriend in the car need to go... FLAG needs to be reverted back to what it used to be.. And bring back the old Pontiac voiced by Daniels for a cameo one on one with the new KITT for at least one episode.. That would give new life to the show..
I Don't think so, they should end this tv franchise for good.

and send knight rider to the big screen.
urbancamarofan is offline   Reply With Quote