Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 01-06-2009, 02:59 AM   #1
cbodson

Drives: Corvette's Roadster 64/69
Exclamation order a new camaro for export to belgium

Hello,
I want to buy a new camaro for export in Belgium, someone could give me the details of a dealer that can provide me. What are the waiting times ?
cbodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:31 AM   #2
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Hi and welcome to the site!

Seems like a question for scotty!
- Xanthos

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 05:01 AM   #3
Sanouk

Drives: all US
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbodson View Post
Hello,
I want to buy a new camaro for export in Belgium, someone could give me the details of a dealer that can provide me. What are the waiting times ?

welcome to the site!

Difficult but possible

Contact I by MP
Old 01-06-2009, 06:02 AM   #4
spaRTan

Drives: SLK55AMG
Hi,

I'm discussing this topic with Scotty as I'm preparing to export a Camaro to Germany which is virtually the same thing (AKA Europe [the thing to the east for most of you guys]^^).
The main problem seems to be the absence of an address in the USA to preorder the car and get the official stuff sent to. buying directly from the dealer "when it's out" isn't a alternative for me as I don't want to wait till august or september...
Import companies in Germany are calling about $67000 for the Camaro 2SS/RS so that would be the "worst case situation". :/

The optimum would be to buy a car for the Canadian market (amber signal lights, metric dials) and sent it to Europe from Halifax oder Montreal. If you want imperial dials you can go with a normal US version but don't forget to check whether you're allowed to have red turning indicators in Belgium (in Germany you're only allowed if there're no amber lights available).

All in all it's quite hard. I'm thinking about letting my family members (living in the States) buy one.
The main problem would be to organize the transport as you'd have to transport it from the dealer to the harbour directly to avoid paying sales tax.

Any hints are appreciated!
Old 01-06-2009, 09:50 AM   #5
StuMac

Drives: 2010 CMG 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaRTan View Post
Hi,

I'm discussing this topic with Scotty as I'm preparing to export a Camaro to Germany which is virtually the same thing (AKA Europe [the thing to the east for most of you guys]^^).
The main problem seems to be the absence of an address in the USA to preorder the car and get the official stuff sent to. buying directly from the dealer "when it's out" isn't a alternative for me as I don't want to wait till august or september...
Import companies in Germany are calling about $67000 for the Camaro 2SS/RS so that would be the "worst case situation". :/

The optimum would be to buy a car for the Canadian market (amber signal lights, metric dials) and sent it to Europe from Halifax oder Montreal. If you want imperial dials you can go with a normal US version but don't forget to check whether you're allowed to have red turning indicators in Belgium (in Germany you're only allowed if there're no amber lights available).

All in all it's quite hard. I'm thinking about letting my family members (living in the States) buy one.
The main problem would be to organize the transport as you'd have to transport it from the dealer to the harbour directly to avoid paying sales tax.

Not sure how easy it will be to get one from Canada, when I was arranging one through e-mail the dealer wanted to make absolutely sure I wasn't going to resell it overseas. I'm pretty sure you'll need someone local to buy it and then send it to you, at least from Canada, and even then you can't let the dealer know it's going overseas. Probably something in the franchise agreement or international trade laws.

Cyber gray!
StuMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 01:31 PM   #6
spaRTan

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuMac View Post
Not sure how easy it will be to get one from Canada, when I was arranging one through e-mail the dealer wanted to make absolutely sure I wasn't going to resell it overseas. I'm pretty sure you'll need someone local to buy it and then send it to you, at least from Canada, and even then you can't let the dealer know it's going overseas. Probably something in the franchise agreement or international trade laws.
sometimes it's pretty good to have family in the States.
I think I'll call them...
Old 01-06-2009, 05:02 PM   #7
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Hi,

Here's a hint. For $67000.00 US, you can have mine and you'll get it "quick" I would assume, having ordered on day one at a dealer with the 2nd largest allocation in the US... I can wait a while to get mine basically for free...
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 05:16 PM   #8
NUCAR

Drives: 68 big block
Quote:
Hi,

The main problem seems to be
mentioning this discussion on a public forum. Knowing selling a vehicle for export violates a dealership's franchise agreement with GM. Not the thing to be doing today.
NUCAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 05:23 PM   #9
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by NUCAR View Post
mentioning this discussion on a public forum. Knowing selling a vehicle for export violates a dealership's franchise agreement with GM. Not the thing to be doing today.
That I was not aware of.
- Xanthos

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:28 PM   #10
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by NUCAR View Post
He has no deal with me, and I mentioned that we can only sell to customers living in the USA. I am WELL AWARE our cars cannot be sold to go out of the country.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:21 PM   #11
NUCAR

Drives: 68 big block
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
He has no deal with me, and I mentioned that we can only sell to customers living in the USA. I am WELL AWARE our cars cannot be sold to go out of the country.
I knew you now...I didn't want him to imply here that you did not. See you at the IDL
NUCAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 01:53 AM   #12
cbodson

Drives: Corvette's Roadster 64/69
In belgium there are no official gm dealer who sell camaro 5, perhaps you can find a dealer who sell OPEL and perhaps they could provide one but it is not certain and they have no official documentations.
i don't think that there is a dealership's franchise agreement with GM (chevrolet) in belgium.
cbodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 07:06 AM   #13
spaRTan

Quote:
He has no deal with me,
and that makes me sad!

Quote:
and I mentioned that we can only sell to customers living in the USA. I am WELL AWARE our cars cannot be sold to go out of the country.
and that's why I'll either pay some more bucks (well, nearly twice as much) or have to visit friends and family and get one.

I think GM is happy about each and every car they can sell.
IMHO having 10 to 15 Camaros driving around in Germany would have incredible impact on GM's reputation over here.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:56 AM   #14
diddiyo

Drives: .
I work for a German logistics company here in the US, people are sending cars over to Europe all the time with us. Mostly used cars though. While I'm not directly involved in the process, I'm sure I could gather some information for you.

As far as I know, if you have legally lived in the US and have owned the car for a certain time you can write it off as a "moving item" when you're moving back to Europe (A friend of mine did just that and a lot of colleagues of mine bought new cars with the intention of taking it back to Germany in a few years). I doubt though that would work if for example your family buys the car, keeps it for half a year and then sells it to you...

*edit*
if you're from Belgium, try contacting "Autohaus Werkmeister" in Bitburg, Germany www.werkmeister.de (it's fairly close to Belgium). They're selling Cadillac/Hummer/Corvettes etc and I went there just for fun when I was in Germany over Christmas. I was only able to talk to the receptionist since the salesperson wasn't available and she knew about the Camaro, but didn't really have any info on it.

Last edited by diddiyo; 01-07-2009 at 09:30 AM.
diddiyo is offline   Reply With Quote