Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 10-11-2009, 07:31 PM   #155
Speed74SS

Drives: 2010 LPE 650+ CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdogg149 View Post
Better save some of that cash for GA now. There will be a few down here want to try you all. Brand name doesn't buy you a win.
I look forward to seeing all the cars and running mine hard too. Your build looks great also and it sounds like you have a beast on your hands as well. Looks like the turbo Camaros are putting great numbers down as well. Looking forward to seeing you out there

2.55 Upper / 8.6 Lower / ID850's / Kooks Longtubes / New Era CAI
Speed74SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:09 PM   #156
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdogg149 View Post
Better save some of that cash for GA now. There will be a few down here want to try you all. Brand name doesn't buy you a win.

Yup.. you're right. It won't buy us a win. But it will get us a warranty on the engine.. and gives the LPE brotherhood something to share...

A very nicely built car that only a few can experience. LPE will only make at most 100 vehicles a year. Majority of them are Corvette's. They have made less than 15 camaro's so far.. I feel privileged to be able to own one.

I'm also not after the Most power.. I am after a well built car that I can Autocross and run on an occasional road coarse track. I can tell you that I will attend.. But having an untested car that is not sorted out, I won't be shooting for any win or pushing it, trying to win. I will possibly have my ride finished the way I want it for April, but I won't have any time to test it. It has 1200 miles on it.. some would say it's not even broken in yet. That will be the case with most of the cars arriving from the north in April.

I don't drive it in the snow up here, and the temps are falling. Today was the last auto X event. All the other tracks in my area are closed for the season. It's getting cold up here already.. temps are 50's in the day and 30's at night.

I will drive my car to a cruise event I set up on Oct. 17th and then it will be put away until it comes out and is trailered to the April event. April is still too early to drive on roads in my area.

I plan on having fun when I come down in April...But I am not about to wreck a 70K car just to say I beat someone 'cause they wanted to race.

You win.. I fold. LOL

But.. that's me.

I'm sure someone with an LPE car will go up against the masses. Just remember.. LPE is more than just raw HP.. It's a velvet Sledgehammer. Silky smooth, powerful, elite, special.
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:11 PM   #157
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Man forget all of that nice nice stuff...bring what you want to the line...only rule is that it's street legal and registered. I will lay it all on the line for the win. You win some and you lose some...but until then....get your weapons ready
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:42 PM   #158
600hp-lpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
Man forget all of that nice nice stuff...bring what you want to the line...only rule is that it's street legal and registered. I will lay it all on the line for the win. You win some and you lose some...but until then....get your weapons ready

Junkie - you and that little sweetheart daughter can take them all on and knock them down at the drag strip. I'll play on the road coarse.

I do Drag race.. but that isn't what I am building this car for.

I prefer autocross. I like handling and finesse.. I want to go fast and then turn left AND right.

I really want to play on the road coarse there.. After I get used to it and know what speeds/line I need.. I'll push it harder.. and harder.. right to the edge. Should be interesting to see how far the suspension will take me.. It's still unproven. Gonna be fun finding out.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:45 PM   #159
1320junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 570hp-lpe View Post
Junkie - you and that little sweetheart daughter can take them all on and knock them down at the drag strip. I'll play on the road coarse.

I do Drag race.. but that isn't what I am building this car for.

I prefer autocross. I like handling and finesse.. I want to go fast and then turn left AND right.

I really want to play on the road coarse there.. After I get used to it and know what speeds/line I need.. I'll push it harder.. and harder.. right to the edge. Should be interesting to see how far the suspension will take me.. It's still unproven. Gonna be fun finding out.
lol..im just talking trash..I love to race though..
Old 10-11-2009, 09:00 PM   #160
600hp-lpe

Quote:
lol..im just talking trash..I love to race though..
Too bad it's 5 months away.. good thing is it will give me time to get the rest of the parts I need.

Junkie,
I noticed you are a HARDCORE racing dude..LOL What is the fastest you have been in the quarter?

Hey.. all I have to do until April is to bench race... kind of a bummer the car gets put away so soon after I just got it.. Drove it once since I got it home.

It's going to snow up north (L.T. 50 miles away) tonight.. they are supposed to get about an inch of snow. It will melt the next day.. usually the first snow doesn't stay on the roads as the tar is still too warm.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:05 PM   #161
1320junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 570hp-lpe View Post
Too bad it's 5 months away.. good thing is it will give me time to get the rest of the parts I need.

Junkie,
I noticed you are a HARDCORE racing dude..LOL What is the fastest you have been in the quarter?

Hey.. all I have to do until April is to bench race... kind of a bummer the car gets put away so soon after I just got it.. Drove it once since I got it home.

It's going to snow up north (L.T. 50 miles away) tonight.. they are supposed to get about an inch of snow. It will melt the next day.. usually the first snow doesn't stay on the roads as the tar is still too warm.
Race car low 5's....street car I have been into the 9's but stay in the low 10's
Old 10-11-2009, 10:09 PM   #162
Speed74SS

Quote:
Race car low 5's....street car I have been into the 9's but stay in the low 10's
Damn nice to stay in the low 10's. I only had 2 chances to get it to the drags this year and a 12.4 was all I could muster on the street tires. I will however be shooting for mid 11's on drag radials come April. I had a chance to drive it around today and it was 35 degrees out - alot different than 70 degrees and humid. Holy crap, it really likes the cold air. We did however get an inch of snow on Friday but it cleared off the roads already. It is like it went from summer to winter here and skipped the fall.

I am really looking forward to the meet in April, hanging out and seeing all of our rides there. Gives me something to look forward to over the winter!!

Old 10-11-2009, 10:11 PM   #163
1320junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed74SS View Post
Damn nice to stay in the low 10's. I only had 2 chances to get it to the drags this year and a 12.4 was all I could muster on the street tires. I will however be shooting for mid 11's on drag radials come April. I had a chance to drive it around today and it was 35 degrees out - alot different than 70 degrees and humid. Holy crap, it really likes the cold air. We did however get an inch of snow on Friday but it cleared off the roads already. It is like it went from summer to winter here and skipped the fall.

I am really looking forward to the meet in April, hanging out and seeing all of our rides there. Gives me something to look forward to over the winter!!
Nice Avatar!!! Can't wait for April either.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:20 PM   #164
Speed74SS

Quote:
Nice Avatar!!! Can't wait for April either.
My buddy got a couple decent shots of my car that night. There were probably some faster cars there that night but couldn't put it down. A couple of guys I know from town have the terminator cobras and they didn't get under 12.4 either. One of them has 720hp to the wheels with DR's but couldn't get it together that night. As you know, if you know how to drive, you are deadly.....I just love being out there and running against anything - should be fun!!

Old 10-12-2009, 08:32 AM   #165
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Quote:
Damn Junkie You Are Really Fast

Oh well I am up for a good spanking on the strip if it comes at the hands of a brother.
This GA thing could turn into a real fun time, I will more than likely be on my second or third set of tires by then.
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 09:43 AM   #166
1320junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mws444 View Post
Damn Junkie You Are Really Fast

Oh well I am up for a good spanking on the strip if it comes at the hands of a brother.
This GA thing could turn into a real fun time, I will more than likely be on my second or third set of tires by then.
I am trying to decide if we should have a tire vendor there at the event
Old 10-12-2009, 03:09 PM   #167
tones2SS

Drives: '13 Roush S3 '16 Ram Sport 4X4
Thumbs up

Quote:
lol Someone will make a lot of money that day!!
Just make sure they got some fat meats for the rears to hook up!! (hopefully!)
tones2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 03:12 PM   #168
600hp-lpe

Quote:
Somebody with a credit card machine and a truckload of tires that fit stock rims and a portable tire mounting/balancing machine will absolutely make a killing!

Got beat on the track? go to the Midway and do an upgrade! LOL