Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum All audio, video, bluetooth, nav, radar, and electronics discussions.

Old 08-21-2014, 09:02 PM   #51
stlrammer

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS SGM
eBay always protects the buyer. PayPal = eBay. Many sellers on eBay will no longer accept PayPal for this reason. And you will only be able to leave your buyer + feedback while he will be able to leave you negative. I've been burned twice on eBay but earnings keep me using it. Good luck. Wishing you a + transaction.
Old 08-22-2014, 11:45 AM   #52
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
I won a dispute as a seller about a year ago. I sold a thermal printer for $500. The transaction seemed to go well until a month later. The seller filed a disputed saying he didn't authorize the purchase. PayPal froze $500 of my funds.

I pointed out that the seller used the same email address for all correspondence. The purchase, the invoice, the PayPal payment, the UPS tracking and the dispute. He had ample time to stop the transaction if it wasnt authorized. But I think what sealed it for me is that he left me positive feedback a couple days after it was delivered.
Old 08-22-2014, 08:24 PM   #53
Cranky

Drives: 2012 Camaro V6 Manual 6 Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockoutpie View Post
Damnit, you guys have me scared. What happens when I get this unit back and it's damaged physically? I sold it in perfect condition...
I also buy and sell on e-bay. Had a customer buy an Atari ST computer from the 80's. They froze my account. Long story short, it worked when I sent it, but got bumped around in shipment.

I asked him to try something but he refused. The buyer has to pay for return shipping and ebay tracks it. Once you receive the item they'll release the funds and your account.

If the unit is not returned in the same condition you can dispute it. (buyer did not send back the power cable). That's what I did and e-bay refunded my money to me but let the buyer keep his money too.

I then added another power cable and resold the computer.
Old 08-22-2014, 08:25 PM   #54
Cranky

Drives: 2012 Camaro V6 Manual 6 Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Saturn View Post
I won a dispute as a seller about a year ago. I sold a thermal printer for $500. The transaction seemed to go well until a month later. The seller filed a disputed saying he didn't authorize the purchase. PayPal froze $500 of my funds.

I pointed out that the seller used the same email address for all correspondence. The purchase, the invoice, the PayPal payment, the UPS tracking and the dispute. He had ample time to stop the transaction if it wasnt authorized. But I think what sealed it for me is that he left me positive feedback a couple days after it was delivered.
Too funny.
Old 08-23-2014, 03:22 PM   #55
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray ZL1
Quote:
As you can see here there was nothing wrong with the display, but the wires he purchased.
Quote:
In this thread http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=356934&page=3

You can read that the item doesn't work for the user named Deke736, however that's in his car, when he plugs it into his friends, car it turns on, stating the item is not faulty.
Sorry I am just getting a chance to reply here. I want to clarify that it wasn't the wires that I purchased from Ofer that caused the problem for me. I actually had an issue in the factory wiring because my original radio faceplate wouldn't work in the car either. My dealership replaced the faceplate, the connectors, and all of the factory wiring. Everything has worked perfectly since this was done, and I was able to install the MyLink system from Ofer without issues after the warranty work was completed. There was not any issue with the components, the faceplate, or the radio I purchased from Ofer and Gen5Diy.

I'm sorry to hear about your PayPal issues and I hope you get it resolved in your favor. It sounds like you are doing everything correctly. If there is any more info I can provide, please let me know.
Old 08-23-2014, 08:32 PM   #56
Knockoutpie

Drives: 1LT RS Coupe
Really appreciate the support there! Thanks man!
Old 08-24-2014, 02:40 PM   #57
Knockoutpie

Called again today, they're saying since the requested documentation that I now have to wait 7 more days. He stilled hasn't said anything since the case was opened.
Old 08-24-2014, 05:39 PM   #58
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: Number Twenty-Three
Quote:
Called again today, they're saying since the requested documentation that I now have to wait 7 more days. He stilled hasn't said anything since the case was opened.
That really works in your favor. Good Luck
Old 09-01-2014, 06:07 AM   #59
stoopid

Drives: Modless 2014 2LS
Quote:
News?
stoopid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 10:31 AM   #60
Knockoutpie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoopid View Post
News?
Just called and look what I got...

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 190
Size:  26.5 KB
Old 09-01-2014, 11:02 AM   #61
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club

Quote:
Just called and look what I got...

Well there you go...
Old 09-01-2014, 01:59 PM   #62
Chaotic73
BUMBLLB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
No refunds don't mean anything if it doesn't work if they pay with Paypal. Lost a few disputes with item being sold as is with no returns.
Old 09-01-2014, 02:21 PM   #63
Knockoutpie

GOD!
The ****ing nerve of some people!
I won the paypal dispute and he's still going at it! Holy shit..

Old 09-01-2014, 04:38 PM   #64
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Since eBay/PayPal as settled in your favor, I wouldn't respond. At this point, who knows what could of happened to the unit. There are things that could go wrong during the install and/or programming that could damage it.

Sucks for the buyer, but he should of known what he was getting into with this purchase.

Last edited by Low Saturn; 09-01-2014 at 05:52 PM.
Low Saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 05:23 PM   #65
jc615

Drives: '11 synergy green
Yes i would just ignore it. No reason to now that they ruled in your favor
jc615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 08:27 PM   #66
stoopid

Drives: Modless 2014 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc615 View Post
Yup. Congrats on getting the reversal.

I would add them to your blocked bidders list.

http://www.ebay.com/gds/How-To-Block...2835288/g.html
stoopid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 08:52 PM   #67
mlee
H-Town Camaro Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc615 View Post
It's over now
Old 09-03-2014, 09:32 AM   #68
jgray1978

Drives: '12 2SS/RS 45th vert, '08 Caddy DTS
OMG! You won? As many have stated, eBay and PP are very buyer slanted. I despise selling on eBay. I have sold maybe 6 things this year and have had two disputes. One was for a 98lbs server that FedEx obviously dumped and the other was for a laptop motherboard. The FedEx was a no brainer but they filed a claim with EB/PP which was settled before I had resolution from FedEx...But it panned out in the end...But the buyer still left negative feedback for shipping damage. The other one though... The buyer waited 7 days before filing a claim stating that it was damaged in shipping. He sent pictures of the box and the MB. The box was no more out of shape than any other box but the MB pictures were of the board bent in half...Except for one picture that showed the board not bent. I fought that one and lost. Neither buyers ever returned anything.
Old 09-05-2014, 02:10 AM   #69
sonnydurden

Drives: 2012 1SS & 2014 1LT/RS
I had the same thing happen to me about a year ago. PayPal and eBay will always side with the buyer which I find wrong. I sold a Galaxy S4 on eBay. Clearly listed that the phone will ONLY work on the T-Mobile network. A lady purchased the phone and admitted in several emails that she tried to activate the phone on another network. I listed the phone "No Returns or Refunds" as well. She then changed her story and told the eBay resolution center that the phone's screen was cracked. The phone was practically brand new and didn't have a scratch on it!! PayPal which is owned by eBay, put a $385.00 hold on my account too. I received the phone back almost two weeks after she receive it and the screen was cracked. She cracked the screen on purpose so she could get her money back for her error. I even showed eBay where she admitted that she tried to activate the phone on another network. They sided with her and I got stuck with a broken phone. Totally got screwed!!

Last edited by sonnydurden; 09-05-2014 at 02:25 AM.
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote