Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 07-27-2012, 10:40 AM   #15
Big C CamaroSS

Drives: Black Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Both cars in the posted pictures look really nice. I was looking at the Motivo's (along with others....just ask SUX2BU ), but there was nothing about them that came up in a search. I'm really interested in your take on these tires. Good price and Nitto see to have a good reputation.
Big C CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:40 AM   #16
Ryan84

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs Yellow w/ black stripes
I have the Nitto Motivos on my ss and I love them. The ride seems quieter an a little more comfortable than the pz's. Besides how can you beat a 60,000 mile warranty. I am extremely satisfied with the tires and would recommend them to anybody on here.
Ryan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:05 AM   #17
Ocikat

Drives: 2012 2LT 45th convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C CamaroSS View Post
Both cars in the posted pictures look really nice. I was looking at the Motivo's (along with others....just ask SUX2BU ), but there was nothing about them that came up in a search. I'm really interested in your take on these tires. Good price and Nitto see to have a good reputation.
Nitto web site;

http://www.nittotire.com/

Discount tire web site;

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/home.do

they had the best price I could find on Nittos, very quick on shipping, 3 days

Ocikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:20 AM   #18
Big C CamaroSS

Drives: Black Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Thanks Ocikcat. The 315/35/20 Motivo's are backordered, but I'm thinking new tires will be a winter buy as long as overtime becomes available again.

Thanks for the review Ryan84. I don't plan on racing or auto-crossing, so a quiet, quality tire is what I'm looking for.
Big C CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:38 AM   #19
Ocikat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C CamaroSS View Post
Thanks Ocikcat. The 315/35/20 Motivo's are backordered, but I'm thinking new tires will be a winter buy as long as overtime becomes available again.

Thanks for the review Ryan84. I don't plan on racing or auto-crossing, so a quiet, quality tire is what I'm looking for.
If the Motivo's are backordered you might consider the Invo's, I just installs mine and they are very quiet, it is a softer compound though so they won't last as long as the Motivo's, but they do handle very nice

Old 07-27-2012, 11:59 AM   #20
skar

Drives: 2010 2SSRS headers/CAI/tune/corsa,
looks fine.
JL Audio XD400/4 amp
Pfadt trailing arms & tie rods sway bars.
pedders street 1 package. ,Hurst short throw shifter
With bronze bushings .
skar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:25 PM   #21
kaos_ss

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan84 View Post
I have the Nitto Motivos on my ss and I love them. The ride seems quieter an a little more comfortable than the pz's. Besides how can you beat a 60,000 mile warranty. I am extremely satisfied with the tires and would recommend them to anybody on here.

The Motivo is a nice tire. It's not as soft as the Invo but thats why it will probably last longer. I know that it has a 60,000 mile warrantly but I don't know if that applies to us because we can't rotate them. Well that's what the salesman at Discount Tire told me so I'm not really sure if it is true.

“If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.”
kaos_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:06 PM   #22
Ocikat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos_ss View Post
The Motivo is a nice tire. It's not as soft as the Invo but thats why it will probably last longer. I know that it has a 60,000 mile warrantly but I don't know if that applies to us because we can't rotate them. Well that's what the salesman at Discount Tire told me so I'm not really sure if it is true.
this is correct info

I don't believe the Motivo's are directional, if not you can rotate tires side to side, just not front to back,that will help.

Old 08-03-2012, 01:29 PM   #23
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
I'm glad there's another player in 315/20. I think once my Conti DWS need replacing I'll be giving the Motivo's a try.
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:10 PM   #24
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Anyone know where I can find 315/35ZR20 Motivo's right now...ready-to-ship? I'm having a hard time finding them in-stock anywhere!!
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:18 PM   #25
kaos_ss

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzin1 View Post
Anyone know where I can find 315/35ZR20 Motivo's right now...ready-to-ship? I'm having a hard time finding them in-stock anywhere!!

I got mine at Discount Tire. Had to order them but it only took a few days to come in. Now that the tire has been on the car a few days I really like the look. Much better than the stock 275.

“If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.”
kaos_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:25 PM   #26
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos_ss View Post
I got mine at Discount Tire. Had to order them but it only took a few days to come in. Now that the tire has been on the car a few days I really like the look. Much better than the stock 275.
Yeah, unfortunately, I don't have a Discount Tire locally, and online they are backordered. Having a hard time deciding between these and the Continental Extreme Contact DWS. I think either tire would be more than sufficient!!!

Edit....Nevermind, I found some....Now I just gotta decide between the Motivo's and the DWS's.

Last edited by blazzin1; 08-03-2012 at 03:52 PM.
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:25 AM   #27
bmwdon
I refuse to go smurfy

Drives: 2009 Challenger SRT8, 2010 Camaro
any more reviews after a longer period of ownership on the 315/35x20's? and anybody supercharged think the acceleration traction is dismal? I know I shouldn't expect much for a tire this hard, but their website claims their motivo's basically match with the invo (had those in 315/35, and they were ok, not great, but ok), then moved up to nt05's, which helped in the dry, but was scarey in the wet. I now have MT ETII's in 305/35 and they rock in the dry in a straight line, but because they don't claim any real speed rating, and they are DR's, I don't want to use them in hard cornering/auto-x's, etc. Finding they are lasting pretty long though, not breaking loose all the time like the nt05's, they seem to be lasting longer then those. But I think I'm going to go to a more "street tire" the next time around, just in case I get caught up in the rain and want to corner a bit more. I already have the motivo's out front, so leaning towards them in the rear.

-Bill...the Camaro was my wifes, now she's got a minivan
Challenger- 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Procharger D1 Supercharger: 10.895 @ 126.720 MPH
bmwdon is offline   Reply With Quote