Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest

Old 01-06-2012, 08:38 AM   #1
FosterSS
Guardians Of The Night

Drives: '13 ZL1 CRT
Denver area camaro owners

Im looking at moving to Denver within the next couple months or sooner and Im curious as to how you guys are driving in the weather there? Is it risky driving the camaro around in the snow and what not or do you guys just park them for the winter months?

I was looking at getting a truck to drive in the winter months, but if this isnt needed then let me know!
FosterSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 06:02 PM   #2
AG454
I am not "Fast & Furious"

Drives: 2010 Camaro LSX454 1LE
Having lived in Colorado all my life I can tell you we do get snow and bad weather in winter but we also get 60 degree and warmer weather too. Some around here drive thier Camaros all year round. They put down de-icer, salt, and sand on the roads depending on the conditions. I would recommend a truck or SUV or at least FWD for the bad days here. Welcome to Colorado.
Don't wait up 'cause I'll be late, I'll be late
AG454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:47 PM   #3
Earl
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by FosterSS View Post
Im looking at moving to Denver within the next couple months or sooner and Im curious as to how you guys are driving in the weather there? Is it risky driving the camaro around in the snow and what not or do you guys just park them for the winter months?

I was looking at getting a truck to drive in the winter months, but if this isnt needed then let me know!
Answers to bolded questions above...

YES! and YES!
Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:32 PM   #4
steelrfan

Drives: 2011 2LT RS Victory Red
Send a message via AIM to steelrfan
I put Blizzaks on mine and have no issues driving in the snow here in Colorado
steelrfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:47 AM   #5
Icntdrv55
CCOTR Member

Drives: Victory Red 2010 2SS/RS A6
I drive my Camaro year round with the PZeros on it! Now, that being said, there are certainly days where I cant even get up my driveway!
There are many people who put snow tires on their Camaros and have no problems driving them throughout the winter. Heck, some even race at Bandi with them on (names witheld on the grounds of incrimination)

Go to the Rocky Mountain regional section of C5 and join the group. Also, if you facebook, check out Camaro Club Of the Rockies (CCOTR) Much more traffic on our facebook page, especially in the winter time!

Welcome to Denver!
2010 Camaro SS/RS Victory Red A6- Vararam Intake, Doug Thorley Tri Y LTs, Magnaflow X-pipe, Flowmaster Super 40's, VMS Tune, Razzi Ground Effects, Herritage Grill, RED headlight and fog light Halos, LED DRLs, Dash and extended Door ABL, engine, grill and rear defusser LED lighting ........ 12.59@112.21 (DA Corrected)
Icntdrv55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:57 PM   #6
0N1X

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Camaro 2SS/RS
I'm a new Camaro owner since last Fall so I've had it all winter this season. Lived in CO my whole life and drove in snow for half of it. My previous cars were AWD so RWD was a new thing to me but I know how to drive in snow (which is the most important thing no matter what vehicle you have).

Well I slapped on Bridgestone Blizzaks LM-60s which I've used before and had absolutely no problem driving all season. Now ice is a different matter but everything slides on that.
0N1X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:01 PM   #7
B-Rex

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
I used the pirelli scorpions this winter and they worked awesome for the few times it actually snowed. I think an additional car is really up toyou, because the camaro will handle properly enough to get around safely. If the conditions are just too terrible for it with the snow tires then it may be best to just hang out on the couch lol
Old 03-24-2012, 08:46 AM   #8
3BCT4ID

Drives: 2010 camaro 2SS
i drove mine with summer tires this winter but i live in the Army base and my work is 1 mile away.

2010 Camaro SS
3BCT4ID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:28 PM   #9
SolomonAKOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icntdrv55 View Post
I drive my Camaro year round with the PZeros on it! Now, that being said, there are certainly days where I cant even get up my driveway!
There are many people who put snow tires on their Camaros and have no problems driving them throughout the winter. Heck, some even race at Bandi with them on (names witheld on the grounds of incrimination)

Go to the Rocky Mountain regional section of C5 and join the group. Also, if you facebook, check out Camaro Club Of the Rockies (CCOTR) Much more traffic on our facebook page, especially in the winter time!

Welcome to Denver!
Im looking at joining the CCOTR. What is needed in order to join? Is there a yearly fee or is it just free?
SolomonAKOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:50 PM   #10
steelrfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolomonAKOO View Post
Im looking at joining the CCOTR. What is needed in order to join? Is there a yearly fee or is it just free?
Totally free. Just show up to events and you're a part of the club

Most of the events get posted over on Facebook on the CCOTR page. Hopefully we'll see you around
Old 05-08-2012, 04:29 AM   #11
SolomonAKOO

Awesome i cant wait to get out there and see some great cars!
SolomonAKOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:11 PM   #12
JMAN311

Drives: 2013 F-150 Limited
I've had plenty of RWD cars in this area. I would definately recommend putting a set of winter tires on your Camaro if you want to use it as your only car. The most I ever did in the past was use all season tires for my '01 Corvette and '00 Camaro. I could get around fine in the winter, but you don't get the best of snow or dry performance as you will with a set of tires dedicated to each. Welcome to the area
2013 Camaro ZL1 A6|SIM
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS|M6|CGM Exterior|Gray Int
2000 Camaro SS|M6|SLP headers|SLP center mounted quad exhaust|Magnaflow muffler|Hypertech programmed
2001 Corvette|M6|LG Motorsports Headers|Corsa Touring Cat-back|Magnaflow X Pipe|Hurst short-throw|Dyno tuned
JMAN311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:28 PM   #13
KRamdathZL1

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 #353
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAN311 View Post
I've had plenty of RWD cars in this area. I would definately recommend putting a set of winter tires on your Camaro if you want to use it as your only car. The most I ever did in the past was use all season tires for my '01 Corvette and '00 Camaro. I could get around fine in the winter, but you don't get the best of snow or dry performance as you will with a set of tires dedicated to each. Welcome to the area
You ordered a ZEEE!!! And another one in Parker!!!
Old 05-09-2012, 10:56 PM   #14
steelrfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRamdathZL1 View Post
You ordered a ZEEE!!! And another one in Parker!!!
WOW.....2 ZL1's in Parker.....