Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-18-2008, 05:55 PM   #29
Pencil.Fight

Drives: '06 Mustang
Send a message via Yahoo to Pencil.Fight
Ohh, I understand. I was confused because it wasn't in a quote box. My mistake, I apologize.
Pencil.Fight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 06:57 PM   #30
chevys

Drives: 03 Mach 1
Mustang a chick car? Who really cares? My Mother who is in her mid 70's drives an 06 GT vert. She would love you for calling it a chick car. Yes, she gets all kinds of attention in it and loves it. My niece who is 21 drives a 03 Mustang plain jane.

Here is what you guys are not thinking about. 70 percent of mustang sales are v6 cars. The same numbers give or take will be inline with what the camaro does. If it were not for the v6 cars there would be no GT, Cobra, Mach, Z28, SS ect.......... Oh, thats right, there hasnt been a camaro since 02. This so called chick car helped the demise of the f body because it appealed to a broader scope of buyers. Personally, I dont care who buys them as long as they do buy them. THose of you that think the mustang is a chick car better hope the camaro is one too. Remember, if the base model cant survive then the z28 will be an after thought.

This reminds me so much of the argument that a harley davidson sportster is a chicks bike. Tell the Hells Angels that next time you see one. This is just stupid that we are even discussing it.
chevys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 08:17 PM   #31
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K05GT View Post
We have a lot of GT's here in Virginia, but I think the V6 out numbers the GT's 2 to 1.

The V6 Mustang is like the Berlinetta Camaro, this is a Chick Car.
so to blanket say the mustang is a chick car is stupid.

I see more girls driving Camaros than Mustangs around here, and in florida
god the Camaro Vert was a chick favorite.

This is a Funny term. "Camaro Chick"
Scuzzi white-trash blond often found crusing around in said car. Easily Identifiable given the number of tatoos and cigarette dangling from mouth.

We went out looking for some hot girls but the bar was full of camaro chicks

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...m=camaro+chick

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=camaro

Someone should really tell them that they SHOULDN'T be stereotyping the Camaro chicks! Where are my tattoos and cigarettes?!

Old 01-18-2008, 08:26 PM   #32
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
Sterotypes are almost never accurate. I mean I'm a Swede and I'm not blonde with a weird accent and tall, I'm darkhaired and speak perfect English and...well okay I am tall.

However speaking of sort of sterotypes I've noticed that A LOT of American women seem to share physical traits with my American ex. And that's just odd.
Old 01-18-2008, 08:49 PM   #33
2K05GT
Muscle Car Fanatic

Drives: 2017 Shelby GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianne View Post
2ko5gt- You live to close to me for that kind of attitude! If I end up with a V6 it will be so I can afford the gas. I hate to do it since my brothers 82 Z doesn't have any power either but.... I like what I like and I have liked Camaro since I started checking out cars at 14. Camaro's are not "chick" cars. I just happen to have the same (good) taste as a lot of men. (muscle men)
I don't care If you lived next door, My point I was trying to make is that Stereo Types are most of the time inacurate, Like the Camaro owners have mullets,
I have owned a 1971 Trans Am, a 1969 Camaro and a Vette and I never had a Mullet This Mustang was the First Ford I have ever owned, I have always been a loyal GM owner. but there was nothing that appealed to me in 05 but the mustang.
My Wife Loves the Camaro, she has not Blond, never smoked and does not have any tattos. This whole argument over who car is a chick car is stupid. The appeal of the Mustang is it's price and looks, it attracts all sorts of people Men Women
Black, White it does not matter. Some Like it and some don't and thats fine it's a free country.

I love seeing Girls in Cool Cars, Mustangs or Camaros. keep this in mind when you are on the road and see a GTO, You NEVER see a Chick Driving one of them, yet it's a cute jelly bean so what is it then?

Edit .. Yea what Emher said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emher View Post
Sterotypes are almost never accurate. I mean I'm a Swede and I'm not blonde with a weird accent and tall, I'm darkhaired and speak perfect English and...well okay I am tall.

However speaking of sort of sterotypes I've noticed that A LOT of American women seem to share physical traits with my American ex. And that's just odd.
2005 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey - Sold

Last edited by 2K05GT; 01-18-2008 at 09:20 PM.
2K05GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 09:10 PM   #34
2K05GT
Muscle Car Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen View Post
i think the mustangs are chick cars, actually a study i saw about 3 years ago had the mustang on the top 5 chick cars. right along side the vw bug,jetta and mini cooper.
the camaro will be loved by everyone but definately looks like a dudes car. very aggressive looking.
Yea Here is the Study

1) Volkswagen Beetle
2) Mini Cooper
3) Volkswagen Jetta
4) Mazda Miata
5) Mustang V6 Convertable

It is the lowest price convertible on the market next to the PT Cruiser but who wants that? here is the article.
of course it's going to appeal to Women, It's A Vert come on.
Plus Ford Marketed the "V6 Warriors in Pink" Model for Women
were some of the proceeds went to fight breast cancer.
Whats wrong with that?

The article says:
Quote:
Today's 'Stang convertible -- the V6 version, not the testosterone-belching V8 GT model
Here is another survey that has the Corvette higher than the mustang as a Chick Car

Edit.. I found a survey from 2001 on the top 5 Chick Cars and Top 5 Guy Cars. (From cars.com)
Quote:
Ray: Anyway, here are the top five chick cars, according to people who visit the Car Talk section of www.cars.com, along with selected comments from the nominators:
5. Dodge Neon -- "Neons are Barbie cars: little and cute and rounded in the hips. Even in black, they are feminine and adorable, only just a bit tougher, like Tattoo Barbie."
4. VW Jetta -- "Anything by Volkswagen is a chick car. VW realized this years ago and joined forces with another company to sell guy cars -- they called that company Porsche."
3. Mazda Miata -- "I discovered this phenomenon when I got a Miata. `Girlie car.' That's all I heard."
2. VW Cabriolet -- "All teen-age girls classify them as cute. 'Nuff said."
1. VW New Beetle -- "A chick car, definitely. And made to be so. How? I know of no other automobile with a FLOWER VASE as standard equipment."

Tom: And the top five guy cars according to the survey are:
5. Dodge Viper -- "It might be a guy car if there were a movie or TV show built entirely around it. Other examples include Burt Reynolds' Trans Am from "Smokey and the Bandit," Nash Bridges' hemi Barracuda, and Jim Rockford's Firebird."
4. Ford F-150 Pickup -- "Any car with numbers or letters for a name, or tacked on the end, can become a guy car. For example, F-150 or Civic-Si."
3. Chevy Camaro -- "...with twice the horsepower needed. Used to show other guys how manly you really are."
2. Chevy Corvette -- "I believe the main aspect that determines the male/female state of a car is based on the engine-compartment (hood)-to-cab-length ratio. A car such as a pickup or Corvette has a large hood-to-cab-length ratio."

And Number one Guy Car of 2001 (Drum Roll.......)

1. Ford Mustang -- "A back seat guaranteed to be too small for your mother-in-law."
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevys View Post
Mustang a chick car? Who really cares? My Mother who is in her mid 70's drives an 06 GT vert. She would love you for calling it a chick car. Yes, she gets all kinds of attention in it and loves it. My niece who is 21 drives a 03 Mustang plain jane.

Here is what you guys are not thinking about. 70 percent of mustang sales are v6 cars. The same numbers give or take will be inline with what the camaro does. If it were not for the v6 cars there would be no GT, Cobra, Mach, Z28, SS ect.......... Oh, thats right, there hasnt been a camaro since 02. This so called chick car helped the demise of the f body because it appealed to a broader scope of buyers. Personally, I dont care who buys them as long as they do buy them. THose of you that think the mustang is a chick car better hope the camaro is one too. Remember, if the base model cant survive then the z28 will be an after thought.

This reminds me so much of the argument that a harley davidson sportster is a chicks bike. Tell the Hells Angels that next time you see one. This is just stupid that we are even discussing it.
What he said. and I look forward to seeing pretty women like acscamarochick06 Driving the Camaro

In closing,
Here is a little bit of Mustang history that Chevrolet can learn from... when the 1974 Mustang II came out it was panned by reviewers and Mustang fans. These were almost all men. Ford sold more 1974 Mustangs than they did in the years 1968 - 1973. Why? Because the 74 Mustang was small and cute like the original and lots of women bought them.

This is were Chevy needs to concentrate a lot of effort. You must make the Camaro appeal to women. If women don't like it there will not be enough men buyers to save the new Camaro from following the fourth generation... to extinction.

Last edited by 2K05GT; 01-18-2008 at 10:01 PM.
Old 01-19-2008, 12:53 AM   #35
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
First off, some of these posts are hilarious! Gotta love this stuff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen View Post
i think the mustangs are chick cars, actually a study i saw about 3 years ago had the mustang on the top 5 chick cars. right along side the vw bug,jetta and mini cooper.
the camaro will be loved by everyone but definately looks like a dudes car. very aggressive looking.
Mustangs are more of a girly car. Heck, we had one in our garage! The reason, "I liked it. It was cute." MmmHmmm... In my experience driving...all day long...every day....I see more girls driving V6 Mustangs and more guys driving GT's, Cobras, Saleens. I could be wrong, but seems to me the girls like them for their style...and the majority don't care about what's under the hood. They just like the car.

The Camaro, on the other hand... For reasons mentioned already in this thread, it IS more of a guy car....at least the 4th Gens, IMO. My aunt would buy a brand new Camaro every year (3rd Gens) and trade in her old one. She loved them. But, the wife refuses to drive my SS (like I'd let her anyways....hehehe..kidding). Her reason? Can't see the front end. She's afraid she'd hit something (which is why I WON'T take a chance! ).
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevys View Post
Why sir, I can NOT begin to tell you how much I agree w/ these words. The Camaro DOES need to appeal to a broader spectrum (that and the 4th Gens styling was way out of date). I pray GM sells like crazy to the ladies. Yes, there will be plenty who get the Z28's and SS's. But, the majority will be buying V6's. I sure hope it sells and GM can market/advertise it in a way to sell more to females. If not, it's really going to hurt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by acscamarochick06 View Post
Someone should really tell them that they SHOULDN'T be stereotyping the Camaro chicks! Where are my tattoos and cigarettes?!
Cigarette is in the right hand behind your friends back and we can't see the tattoos cause you're wearing long sleeves.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 10:04 AM   #36
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
i can settle this once and for all. tho this will prolly get flamed and yelled at for it.....

****Deleted by Mod. If you think you will get flamed, ESPECIALLY after all that has gone on in the passed couple weeks, you will. And Mods won't be happy.****

and ascamarochick.... bom chicka wow wow....lol
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 10:49 AM   #37
2K05GT
Muscle Car Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Why sir, I can NOT begin to tell you how much I agree w/ these words. The Camaro DOES need to appeal to a broader spectrum (that and the 4th Gens styling was way out of date). I pray GM sells like crazy to the ladies. Yes, there will be plenty who get the Z28's and SS's. But, the majority will be buying V6's. I sure hope it sells and GM can market/advertise it in a way to sell more to females. If not, it's really going to hurt.
+++100% I want the camaro to live again and without girls it will die
Women comprise 53% of the people in the US alone and over 58% world wide.
Yes there are more women then men in the world.
So toanswer the OP... IT BETTER BE A CHICKS CAR....

Here's some real data from JD Power. It's likely to be more accurate. It turns out the They don't seperate between V6 and the GT.

Opinions are opinions, some will think some vehicles are "chick" cars others won't. Here's some real data. It doesn't always support the stereotypes.

http://www.jdpower.com/autos/new-cars/default.aspx

2008 Ford Mustang Convertible: Male: 69%, Female: 31%
2008 Ford Mustang Coupe: Male: 69%, Female: 31%

Some other vehicles for comparison.

Higher percentage of Male owners:
2008 Corvette Coupe: Male: 87%, Female: 13%
2008 Corvette Convertible: Male: 87%, Female: 13%
2008 F-150: Male: 84%, Female: 16%

Approximately the same number of male owners:
2008 Pontiac Solstice: Male: 68%, Female: 32%
2008 Saturn Sky: Male: 69%, Female: 31%
2008 Hummer H3: Male: 69%, Female: 31%
2008 Porsche Boxter: Male: 67%, Female: 33%
2008 Ford Explorer: Male: 65%, Female: 35%
2008 Miata: Male: 62%, Female: 38%

Close to 50/50:
2008 Honda Civic: Male: 53%, Female: 47%
2008 Mini Cooper: Male: 53%, Female: 47%
2008 Scion TC: Male: 50%, Female: 50%
2008 VW Jetta: Male: 49%, Female: 51%
2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder: Male: 49%, Female: 51%

"Chick cars" :
2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse: Male: 47%, Female: 53%
2008 Toyota Yaris Hatchback: Male: 47%, Female: 53%
2008 Pt Cruiser: Male: 47%, Female: 53%
2008 VW Beetle: Male: 43%, Female: 57%
Old 01-19-2008, 03:12 PM   #38
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
So I really didn't want to wade into the thick of this, but as I was driving to my fiancee's apartment today a white Mustang with PINK side stripes and Fox stickers drove past, driven by some blonde female, a student at my university. I had to laugh.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 03:31 PM   #39
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I just saw a commercial for the 2008 mustang. There was a guy was in a coupe and towards the end there was a woman in a 'vert at the light next to him.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 04:44 PM   #40
2K05GT
Muscle Car Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I just saw a commercial for the 2008 mustang. There was a guy was in a coupe and towards the end there was a woman in a 'vert at the light next to him.
I have not seen that one...
**EDIT**

I found it - Funny, I love the cops cheering him on...
Mustang Dream Commercial

Here are a few of my favorite ones.
Steve McQueen

Home Coming (All Time Best Video)

Cops having Fun

Roush Performance

My Favorite GT500 Commercial (Germany)

Music Video
Kelly Clarkson - Go

http://youtube.com/watch?v=92EG5AGPgxE

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-LWIPXgm1wM&feature=related

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Jxiw8XOsm1M

Some Funny ones.. (Not Ford commercials)
Eagle One

93 lb weakling

Last edited by 2K05GT; 01-20-2008 at 10:00 AM.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:35 PM   #41
50SBLOW
Ex Mustang Owner

Drives: 88 Z28, 05 Durango
I never chime in but have to on this one.
I have owned Mustangs and Camaros. I agree with a previous post that when the F Body was canceled there wasn't much on the market as far as American muscle less than 40K. Do Chicks drive Mustangs? Yep. And that is HOT!!!! There was a lot of chicks in Camaros when I was in high school in the '90s as well. After school it was a competition to see who could get the vert down or the T-tops off fast enough. Growning up in Tampa had its perks. There will be a lot of chicks in V6 Camaros when they come out. At least Chevy hopes so. And as far as the Stereotype...My wife is blonde, smokes, has tatoos and loves the new Camaro. Damn I'm lucky. Saves me a lot of $ bills.
Old 01-19-2008, 06:42 PM   #42
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K05GT View Post
Here are a few of my favorite ones.
Home Coming (All Time Best Video)
That was really good. A bordering on cliche, but damne nice little talk about the dads old car. It really works for me since I recognise myself in the father son relationship in it. Sure my dad's a very easygoing guy and has had no problem with me driving his cars, but I and I think every guy fight for approval from their fathers. And me and dad are a bit different, but my new intrest in cars have really brought us together. He's told loads of stories about cars from his youth, and he's said that he think it's great that I want to get the Camaro, not only to have a goal to work towards but also because he greatly enjoyed that experience with American cars in his youth. I think we'll both have a lot of when with my Camaro when I get it, and I suspect he'll show me how to keep the engine in good shape.

Anyway, gone on to long about that now. Gotta add that the Autobahn one was great, definetly have to go down there with the Camaro sometime.